Suggestions please

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by monusonu, Jun 16, 2011.

1. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Hi Friends,

Once I planned to earn money from home , this form help me a lot to get lot of ideas. So First I started a blog to see how things are going ....Just now I setup a site and get adsense account.

Actually I am a newbie in this area. This fourm is helping me a lot.

I want to know whether I am in correct direction or not.

Can you please give me some suggestions . I am little familier with ayurveda,that is why I setup the site with that topic. After geting familier with adsense I am planning to start a Niche Website.

One more thing when I search google with word secretayurveda.blogspot, google is indexing like this "14 Jun 2011 ... http://secretayurveda.blogspot.com/2011/06/ayurveda-weight-loss.html
    2011-06-14T09:50:46+00:00 daily ..." Is this any problem with my sitemap ? or it is normal ? When I search with secretayurveda.blogspot I expect only blog name but it is one post . Why this post ?

Thanks a lot esp mountainmom5 and happywife.
  2. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

Hi monusonu,

Congrats on taking action. When placing your site in Google to check indexing remember to not use the www. but do use the .com

Right now it looks like 5 of your articles and the blog is indexed cureently. Really not bad at all for just placing in on a Blogger blog. Sometimes the indexing takes time.

The Google ads do not match the subject matter though. Go into your google account and click the Adsense Setup Tab. Another row of tabs will pop up. Look for the "Ad Review Center" tab and click on it.

The next screen shows you a list of categories. Check off the categories that have nothing to do with your subject or that people who read your site will not be interested in. This will give you more relevant ads to your topic.
  3. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Hi kenwrites,

Thanks for quick replay and nice suggestions.

Actually blog has 25 articles. Why all my articles are not showing ? In my system I can view them all . Google index is based on individual post or the whole blog ?

I changed Ad Review . Thanks again for the suggestion.
  4. kenwrites

kenwrites New Member

The blog as an entity is indexed. Each individual article post also will be indexed as well. Currently now you have 7 indexed. All should be indexed within a few days.

Now you need to get the word out and let people know about your site. [​IMG]
  5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Great job monusonu! Your blog is looking good. I didn't even KNOW there was such a word so I did a bit of keyword research and wowzers - you should do okay with this. [​IMG]

Just keep adding articles, and a few suggestions I have for you is:

1) add a few pictures, when there is a good picture in the upper left or right of the page, it confirms to the visitors that they have found what they were looking for.

2) also, I personally set all my adsense ads to display only text ads, as I HATE all the straighttalk ads on my sites! [​IMG]

(to do that, go into your adsense, and edit each ad unit for 'text only' - when you originally set up a unit, the default is 'text and image')

3) If you haven't done so already, submit some articles to streetalk and ezinearticles, linking BACK to your blog.

4) And I like to set up something like a Squidoo lens, hubpage or something as well and link both to the blog and to each other.... create your own little 'internet web' .... [​IMG]
  6. monusonu

monusonu New Member

mountainmom5

Thanks a lot mountainmom5 . I was little bit confused what to do next . Yes Pictures a good suggestions.

Once again thanks for treetalk and ezinearticles which I don't know.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

To get your articles indexed, you need to make sure that you write new articles all the time.

What I have found over the years is that you can not expect every single article or product review to show up on page one on Google.

Plus, I suggest that you don't check every single article to see if it is on page one. Just keep adding new ones every day and stay consistent.
  8. Thiya

Thiya New Member

And my suggestion is that whenever you add new posts just ping it manually in some sites like pingler.com, that will helpful to you for quick indexing and you can also do social bookmarking that not only helpful for indexing for also help you to drive some traffic to your site, if the content is really worthy enough. Give much importance to content mate, "Content is King" for all. Avoid plagiarism and as mountainmom said, have some good pictures that describes your post. Good Luck! Thanks.
  9. monusonu

monusonu New Member

Thank you talfighel and Thiya for the valuable suggestions .. Being a newbie to this area these suggestions are really great things to me
  10. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Here are some more free pinging sites I've found:

pingomatic.com
    pingler.com
    bulkping.com
    feedshark.brainbliss.com
    blo.gs/ping.php
  11. estellaeffects

estellaeffects New Member

pinging ur blog, rss submissions and article marketing as well as bookmarking should do the trick...