super skeptical noob

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Wrathraven, Feb 1, 2012.

1. happywife Gold Member

Wrathraven: i bought 2 at retail price elsewhere,i saw about the wholesale prices later.a lot cheaper but i had to buy minimum quantity of 6
    Aha! That makes more sense. Yes, you do need to consider well before buying in bulk. You could possibly sell them at a local flea market or something if worse came to worse, but if the idea is to create an online income, I still think a theme based website is the way to go if the ebay/Craigslist option doesn't pan out. [IMG]

Blessings,
    Angie
  2. dann New Member

Being self employed isn't for the weak, the lazy, or the stupid.

What skills can you offer over the internet? A really common way to make money online is through affiliate marketing.

It costs nothing to sign up for legit affiliate networks. some major ones are clickbank, commission junction, share a sale, google adsense.

You've got to create content and then put the affiliate ads on there (whether it be videos, articles, art, etc)

advertise your content where appropriate.
  3. Wrathraven New Member

what would be a typical day doing this? i am trying to grab the reality aspect of actually doing this.im super anxious and the type to stand in front of the microwave and scream "OH MY GOD,HURRY!" so i want to go into this with the right frame of mind.what do you think the main thing is to make it successful? are you having any fun at it?im home all day and want to make that time profitable.i am a noob but im hungry,i want this! one of my buddies is really tight lipped about what he dose,i know its some type of online business but i cant figure it out and he wont tell me! drives me nuts! but one day at his house we were gaming,and then he received a email message,went and put some computer components (looked like components in bulk,i think they were computer fans)in separate mail delivery packages and heard him say under his breath "easy money" another time i saw him opening a brand new laptop he received by fed ex and putting it in a delivery box to be mailed somewhere(im thinking a customer) might you any idea what method is? reselling maybe? because it seems fun!to be able to rub shoulders with products that interests you. that's where the rc helicopter idea spawned from.

CHEERS!
  4. happywife Gold Member

Wrathraven: what would be a typical day doing this?
    What exactly are you referring to by "this" and to whom are you speaking? [IMG]

Funny how different things seem "fun" to do different people. I find what I do very fun or enjoyable, but I don't think I'd find it fun to have to constantly pack and ship items and dash off to the post office. [IMG]

I much prefer having someone else do that and I all I have to do is direct traffic for sales. That's why I've chosen affiliate marketing and direct marketing (MLM). I don't have to worry about getting orders out on time.

Blessings,
    Angie
  5. Wrathraven New Member

for example,how dose you schedule go?
  6. Wrathraven New Member

any tips on clickbank? just made an account and not sure what to do next.any videos ive seen on it escapes me
  7. bells401 New Member

8. CJConsulting New Member

I just shared in another thread that a really good company that offer home based work is Arise. If you look then up online, you'll find them. I believe they are Arise Virtual Solutions. You spend about 200-300 bucks up front to get set up as a corporation and take their training, but the work is legitimate. You'll earn $9-11/hour to start, and from what I have seen, your hours will probably max out at 20-30 hrs per week. Anyone working with Arise, please feel free to chime in.

Personally, I am a fan of spending less money, starting a business, using systems and processes to generate leads, and being completely self employed. The income potential is SO much more over time...and that is what I need personally...the potential for uncapped income, provided I perform the right actions every day.
  9. CherylAH New Member

The information that's been given in this thread is awesome! I was one of those super skeptical people too. I actually spent months researching what I wanted to do as a work from home endeavor. Having a clear picture of what you want to do makes a huge difference. After researching what was out there, affiliate programs were clearly the way to go. Nothing in this world is free when it comes to business, so I knew that there would be costs of running a business, but they didn't need to be outrageous. I analyzed cost vs. benefit and determined how it would fit into our budget.

I looked to see what industry would have the biggest growth in the next 10 years. Then I found a niche within that industry that would allow me to have virtually every person (yes, I'm talking man, woman and child) as a potential client. Then I had to find a product that would be a need versus a want. When it came to compensation I knew that residual income was what I wanted.

I searched for a company that had the same moral basis that I did and that had a product that I felt strongly about. With business, you need to be passionate about what you do and what you have. Otherwise you'll get bored and then you won't work and you're back at square one.

I also spoke with people within the organization I joined before I joined it. I wanted to get first hand knowledge that could confirm my research. Find a good fit with the organization you choose and the person you select to be your mentor. You'll know in talking with them if they are a good fit.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm happy to help!
  10. aaronempowered New Member

Often information overload takes away our common sense, let's take a simple look.

Here's the thing, there's only two ways to make money from home. Employment, or starting a business (be it a blog, niche websites, whatever)

If you're looking for employment, we all know how getting a job works. You apply, go for an interview, and get it or don't get it. If whatever you found online defies any step in the usual job process, it's not a job.

So it's either a scam or a business. Here's the truth: any information you need to build a successful business online (which means selling others products:affiliate marketing, or your own products) can be found for free if you look. It may not be in the same place but it's there.

If you have a very specific way you want to make money, like making "Google Sniper Sites" you'll need to buy a course from the creator of that system. But the proven long lasting methods have been around so long the informations out there for the taking.

I recommend Steve Scott's site. Very straightforward, and if you follow his simple strategy for affiliate marketing, you WILL make money, and long term too.

Keep it simple, use your common sense, don't get overloaded:

Employment, Business, or Scam.
  11. WahIdeas New Member

Regarding dropship...I've done the best on obscure products that Everyone needs which can be mass produced at a cheap cost. Therefore, the mark up you can get can be substantial. I also look for products that are small and light so they are simple to ship. It takes hours upon hours to find a niche that isn't extensively covered by other marketers, but it's well worth the effort when you find a couple!