Swapping Out URLs

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by Melissa Byers, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Melissa Byers

Melissa Byers New Member

I currently have a personal website under melissabyers.com hosted on LunarPages. I have just built a new site to showcase my professional work, and I want to use the URL for that, hosted on Weebley and change the site on Lunar to melissabyers.net, which I also already own. How do I go about that? Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

It's very easy provided you have access to the control panels of both the domain names. What you need to do is to change the Nameservers of both the domain names.

1) Upload your website to Webley.

1) Log into the control panel of melissabyers.com and change the Namservers of that domain name to that provided by Webley.

2) Log into the control panel of melissabyers.net and point the Nameservers of that domain name to Lunar pages.

3. waleed030

waleed030 New Member

It's very easy provided you have access to the control panels of both the domain names. What you need to do is to change the Nameservers of both the domain names.

4. SkipTheDrive

SkipTheDrive New Member

Are you still planning on using the .com site for traffic, or do you want everything from .com redirected to .net? If you do want everything redirected, you'll need to set up redirects, which can be done in the .htaccess file on your server.