Take a break from you laptop as I did :)

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by samda, Feb 13, 2010.

1. samda Member

Folks,

Working 18 hours a day in a holiday is been a part of my life these days. Yesterday was a holiday in India and I felt bad to work again on a holiday.

So, I just took a break. Went to nice places with my girl friend and had nice food. Evening I came to home and slept off.

Wow when I got up today early morning, what a freshness in mind. Lot of energy and hope is being pumped in to my heart.

So, feeling sick of the routine work? Go, get a life. Take a break and it will definitely help you in long run.

Sam
  2. SarahCozad New Member

I could not agree with you more. It's easy to get wrapped up in work expecially when you're doing it from home- Your mind wonders into something and suddenly you have spent the entire day on the computer and the day is gone. Too much of this can surly burn you out quick. I also suggest having a routine that you follow- and in that routine make a time for some activity each day. Take a break- go on a walk- if your into video marketing you can fit some of that in go to a park and walk and then record a video. Anything to get you out of the house or at least active within your house [IMG] Great share.
  3. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Tee-totally agree Samuel! I get various chances to do that with my teenagers and it always helps. [IMG]
  4. Vishal P. Rao Administrator

samueldarwin: Go, get a life. Take a break and it will definitely help you in long run.
    Hey Sam, you just discovered what you gain when you rest deeply. Don't just limit it to one day in a week. The moment you shut down your laptop, let it be a vacation.
  5. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

I agree Sam!
    We sometimes forget we are not here to work.

I believe we are here to experience, grow emotionally and create.

So, anytime a day off is possible is a blessing, a treasure!
    Victoria
  6. nanciq New Member

All true,
    I've found when I'm glued to my laptop for hours on end my productivity goes south.
    the endorphines release when I exercise too and that's a PLUS for me.
    I shut down my computer to go to an opportunity meeting (against my better wishes) yesterday and when I got there it was a ruse to get people to a Bible study!!
    At first I was annoyed but then I realizes it was good for me to get away from the WWW and back into meditation & spirituality LOL
  7. Raisins New Member

Fresh air..fresh air.. the most important thing to clear the cobwebs away and revitalize yourself!!! I go for a walk on the beach or up the mountain every day.. Dont think I would be able to think clearly now if I didnt have my walk.. 18 hours a day Sam???? are you crazy.. Life is for living not working!!!!!
  8. talfighel Silver Member

You have got to take some time off once in a while to refresh your mind. You can't just work and work all the time.

If you find yourself work too much during the day, what I suggest you do is to write down the night before what you want to do the next day so that you don't consistently think what you want to do the same day in your mind. Write in down.

Tal
  9. wahgo New Member

Fresh air is a great way to get the cobwebs out of your head.

I don't know of anyone that can work hour after hour, not take a break, and live to tell about it.

One of the benefits of working at home is being able to take a walk, have a chat with your daughter, or have lunch with a friend. Plan for some "me" time, otherwise, burnout will set in.

Burnout is NOT on my list of things to accomplish in 2010.

Get up away from your desk and take a little "me" time every once in a while, even if it is just for fifteen minutes. Breathe in the fresh air and soak up the sun rays. Your attitude will improve and your productivity will jump start.
  10. amicof Member

Hey,
    I agree, internet marketing is completely addictive. There is always something left to do. Discipline is important!!!
  11. wrlawrence New Member

Hey guys,

Thanks for bringing back to reality.
  12. bbray95 New Member

I totally agree, sitting on your computer everyday is the quickest way to burnout. And your working from home to enjoy it! Not loathe it. I have learned to balance working from home with other activities, including my relationship. It is something everyone needs to do.
  13. sandra648 New Member

Nice post .. it is easy to get sucked in on the computer all day when you work from home. Personally i set up a number of hours to work each day and after that I turn off my phone my computer and i focus on spending time with my family.