The #1 reason people fail to make money online is....?

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by Sherrod, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Earnalot New Member

Yes indeed perception is the all important factor for every thing in life,
    I love the motivator - "Every Adversity has An Equal Or Greater Benefit"
    In all depends on your perception.
    My lack of focus in the early days (and now to a certain extent) has given
    me an incredible range of knowledge and an amazing quantity of free
    resources (about 10GB worth plus untold URL's with some amazing
    free products). Thus the perceived negative effects of my lack of focus
    can now be turned to advantage by helping others.
    Oh I haven't become a changed person and lost sight of my goals, I
    still need to make money just now I can go about it in a slightly different
    way. As Zig Ziglar said " You can have everything you want if you only help enough people get what they want"
    Whatever you need, resources or knowledge, let me know, I probably have it and will gladly share.

Stay positive
    Earnalot
  2. mreese601 Member

Well you only fail when you give up! I been at internet marketing for a while now and when I started the journey I didn't know anything about seo, list building, opt-in, forums, craigslist, blog, but it was a learning process that we have to learn.

We don't make money because we are not consistent. What I'm learning that make money online is really easy their is about 10 steps that you can do everyday for 5 days and you will make money. So you have to choose if you really want it bad enough.
  3. HiAchiever New Member

I think a lot of failures are due to unrealistic expectations, or the disparity between perception and reality, if you will.

As writepro said, there are a lot of shiny new things assaulting us daily in our Inbox. And, they almost all promise wealth without work.

People actually believe that they can earn money with a minimum of work. And, they'll become wealthy if they can only find the "secret".

So, they follow one "secret" after another, hoping to discover the one that really works.

You can call them program jumpers or people with a short attention span. But, the fact is, they just don't understand that the real secret is a four letter word: WORK.

Not that the program is going to work. But they need to work.

Once people get over that hump they can concentrate and make things happen.
  4. KarenSmith67 New Member

Information overload can be confusing and cause people to lose their focus.

For me, the number one problem is that when people are starting out, building a business, they do not know how or where to get started. This is where support comes into play, there must be a strong support system in place, because if people feel as though they are alone in their business, they will lose motivation and give up too soon. Another reason why I believe people give up is because the compensation plan they are working requires tons of people to make a little bit of money. This can be very frusterating when you are trying to build a business.

As another member commented, there are a lot of reasons why people fail, but the bottom line for me is to know where you want to go in life, learn all you can about the business you are in and find support in building your business. Do NOT let people bring you down, stand firm in what you beleive in and reach for the stars!
  5. hunysukle New Member

I believe many people fail working online because they give up and use inconsistent methods of generating traffic. Traffic is the number one tool to generating income online, and without and steady stream of traffic you will fail. This has been (and is currently!) my problem lately anyway. You really have to have a positive mindset as well, because other people are very negative and discouraging about working online. Like my family for instance, always told me everything was a scam. Constantly listening to negativity will cause people to eventually give up.
  6. ThePhoenix New Member

A lot of people just don't have the knowledge. If you want to be successful, you need to have the basic tools to get the job done, such as traffic generation and search engine optimization techniques, as well as copywriting and communication skills. Of course, you also need to be persistent. I think if you have that one quality, it will lead you to get all the others.
  7. HopeIsFree New Member

Sherrod
    Excellent insight!! I think that there is so much information on the web today, that pulls a person "off course," that focusing is difficult.

So to avoid that trap, Research and Think before you choose. I have made that mistake myself: Getting involved in a company without thinking it through and doing the research about it.

Then, with your informed decision cemented, no matter what else comes along, you'll feel confident and stick with what you KNOW! Anyone can sell virtually ANY thing on the internet these days. It's all about How you market, not What you market.

Then, if you are marketing something you truly believe in, it's easy to stay focused and grow with it.

Another important aspect of marketing, is Creating for yourself a STRONG "WHY." I have my "Why" written down where I can see it daily! ...Why are you doing what you are doing? Why are you marketing a particular product or service? Why do you want to be successful in business for yourself? Does your reason Why make you cry?

If you have a "strong Why" then you are a lot LESS likely to quit or get off course.
  8. Shanec New Member

Giving up too early. It takes time to build any type of business and there are too many people you are lured into the idea that you are going to get rich in very little time.
  9. Jose Roman New Member

I think people are definitely unrealistic about online opportunities. There is definitely an opportunity to make money, and lots of it! Some people just want to supplement an existing income, others want to quit their job and make a lot of money at home. Either way it takes dedication, focus, desire and action. I definitely agree that you have to focus on one or two techniques that you can master and that work for you, then move on to the next. Everyday there is something new to learn, but you should definitely take your time and be good at what you choose.
  10. FreeCashMan Active Member

A lot of solid and key points are hit in this thread on the #1 reason people fail.

There seems to be a few key reason as can been seen in the collection of post.

I've found that one can't even determine if they are really willing to succeed until the challenges and obstacles occur that try and pull one away from the goal they seek.

Often these occur when you first get started with an opportunity. It's like planning a sunny day wedding and then it starts to rain. That doesn't mean the wedding is "off" and it can't mean that your home business success pursuits are canceled either.

If you get knocked down, get back up as fast as you are able but stay focused on the ultimate goal...marketing effectively so that you succeed.
  11. workonlinedad New Member

Positive Expectations = Positive Results. Focus, Take Action, Receive, Persistence and a knowing that you will achieve the success you are looking for. Nothing is impossible if you keep trying. Everything fails if you quit.
  12. A8ch Gold Member

FreeCashMan: I've found that one can't even determine if they are really willing to succeed until the challenges and obstacles occur that try and pull one away from the goal they seek.
    So very true!

The challenges and obstacles one encounters in the pursuit of a goal are really the tests that truly determine if one has what it takes to stay the course, come hell or high water.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating!

Actions speak louder than words!

Hermas
  13. DonaldGreen New Member

mountainmom5
    Great Post. indeed lots of people quit before they even start [IMG]
    consisitency is one problem that many people have it. when they start their business, they think it is a easy way to the success. as people get born with skills to run a business.

What i consider important is HAVE A GOOD MENTOR to learn from. and really learn from.

FOCUS on your GOALS and have reasons why you are doing this.

PLAN your day....otherwise you end up on the couch in front of the tv. For me planning is crucial.
  14. kailo New Member

#1 reason is falling for hype and fail to achieve what they thought is true (make 1 million in 3 days)...
  15. paulb1 New Member

Based on my experience many people fail because they are not committed enough to stick to it. People get distracted by so much junk mail, and they try one thing after another and if they don't have "microwave results" they move on to the next pie in the opportunity.
    Having an experienced mentor and coach can increase one's chances of success. Rome was not built overnight, and neither will your business. Don't lose focus and stay on task. Easy to say, very difficult to do.
  16. Rach72 New Member

.... and they get tired of climbing mountains - each one a little steeper than the last.......
  17. WorkinHard New Member

I absolutely agree that information overload and lack of focus due to information overload are the main reasons people fail.

Also expectations are often too high - like there is a magic button you push to make money.[IMG]
  18. starintsky New Member

talfighel
    hello,
    u r saying to go for residual payment as an affiliate but i'm wondering how do i find out which payment there is for me? u r right not to go for one time sale commission and your information is of great value just if u could help me out where do i check this, thanks.
  19. starintsky New Member

Shanec
    I don't know why people want so desperately to get rich? The reason why must be that they don't know themselves good enough. I learned from a very good friend of mine to realize if we are honest towards ourselves we are then modest too!!Maybe it is a little bit complicated but what I'm saying is that to implement our capacity into our work has its limits. Let's say when we do something what we like for the first time we tend to go over the top and then coming down we face exhaustion, well I think this is where people give up. If in this case we took a well deserved rest and let our patience works magic we are then able to continue to do our work with success.
  20. robinincarolina Silver Member

Also our limited beliefs I think have an influence. When you really think about what you believe and don't believe, you may discover that something along the way influenced this belief. Beliefs are not something we are born with, they are something we grow into.

Example, talfighel you believe that to be successful, you must promote something with residual income possibilities for the most part. While I agree that is very effective, if I followed that only, I would have left thousands of dollars on the table.

I used to have the limited belief because of what I read here that going into a competitive niche was pointless. I have taken on a few of these niches and proved to myself that this belief is just not true.

Challenge your own belief systems and you will go far.