The best way to promote your WA link?

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by arcade, Nov 1, 2008.

1. arcade

arcade New Member

I'm not new to WA, I've been signed up with them for about 7-8 months now although I havn't been doing much because lack of time. Now I have some time to get moving. What is the best way to get started? What's the best way to promote my WA link? Any Advice?

Thanks in advance. :p

Arcade

2. naturalis

naturalis New Member

Hi Arcade,

I was in exactly the same position as you. In fact all beginners are.

You know what? You already have started, by posting on this forum with a link in you signature. It's a start, but this is exactly how one referal signed to WA over my link.

I suggest you start off by asking yourself some questions.

What are you good at?
    Do you have any hobbies or any particular interests?

If you do, then great. Start searching for niches related to that. I find it so much easier to write about the things I already know, makes preselling a child's play.

If you don't have any particular interests, I find it very helpful to just search through some ClickBank products in WA clickbank research tool to give me some ideas. You will see which of them sell and which don't.

Then if you picked the product go find a niche that suits it, or if you started with a niche, find a product related to it. Product + Affiliate in google works many times. Then you should research a bit about what are the costumer's needs in this niche, what do they want and what are their problems, how to solve them?

When you got that, you are ready to create a simple looking landing page. Now you don't need to be complicating things. I'm not sure if you're familiar with HTML/CSS but grabbing a template on the web or in WA and then redesigning worked the best for me. Simplicity is the king (and content ofc [​IMG] )

Then comes the part where each of the affiliates chooses their way of advertising. Most of them pick either PPC (paid) or Article marketing (free). Both of them have pros and cons, if you are a WA member for 7 months then I think you know what I mean.

This is my way of approaching affiliate marketing. It may vary from person to person but the core things stay the same - product + website + advertising = money

Hope you like it.

-Jernej

3. getrich

getrich New Member

Hi,

I am new to WA as well.. But I have been navigating for a while searching for possible ways of marketing our products. There are different ways like:

- Forums (as u have done here)
    - Blogs
    - Social community sites
    - Network communities
    - Email marketing (u need a list of mail ids here)
    - article marketing
    - Upload videos in youtube etc

The aim must be to get more traffic to our site, and more catching words that the users will be forced to click [​IMG] The key is that the site should appear within the first few pages in search engines. Unfortunately, thts a heavy task. But, only the ones who are ready to wait and work more are going to succeed.

Cheers,
    arun

Cheers,
    arun

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello arcade,

Have you explored the Wealthy Affiliate Program Member's area?
    There you will find many methods and ideas to consider.
    And, feeder sites, keywords..images..it's all there.

Have a great time!

Victoria

5. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Hey getrich... you might want to fix your sig link too. [​IMG]

Clickable links will work much better when you are trying to promote your links.

-Sue

6. Twrestler07

Twrestler07 New Member

i wan't too big on the monthly fee while i watched my bank account stay at a big $0. I decided to start with a very basic program till i knew how it all works. but i do plan on going back once i know "whats up" so i'm not just sitting around twiddling my thumbs as my next payment comes due

7. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Twrestler07: i wan't too big on the monthly fee while i watched my bank account stay at a big $0. I decided to start with a very basic program till i knew how it all works. but i do plan on going back once i know "whats up" so i'm not just sitting around twiddling my thumbs as my next payment comes due

I know exactly what you mean.. however, I also bought My Online Income System and felt as if I was getting ripped off. They claim to give you a free website, however you have to pay for the hosting. ($70 a year) The FREE website limits you to only having 3 ClickBank products on there from their list. With Wealthy Affiliate, we have access to the ClickBank Research tool that lets us see which products are hot and which ones are not.

Also, most of the products you get to choose from including MOIS rips you off because when someone tries to leave the site from your link, there's a pop up offerring a discounted price and if they buy at the discounted price through your link, you still do not get the credit for commission. It links to a different PayPal/ClickBank Id or PayDotCom account.

With Wealthy Affiliate, you get FREE web hosting, FREE website builder to create whatever kind of website you want. Also, inside Wealthy Affiliate is a whole community for you to promote your own products.

That's why I decided to drop out of the MOIS program and joined Wealthy Affiliate instead. My account can stay at $0 while I learn and build my business. I do not expect to make millions, but I know I am in good hands.

-Sue

8. VictoriaNTC

Hi Sue,

You should expect to make millions.

The Law of Attraction....
    [​IMG]

Victoria

9. HomeBizMama

HomeBizMama New Member

Ooops... I'm sorry.. I meant to say "I do not expect to make millions, I am expecting to make BILLIONS" There you go! I guess what I'm trying to say is that Internet marketing takes time and not a get rich quick scheme. Therefore, I do not expect to make millions.... YET!!!

-Sue

10. jayccel

jayccel New Member

I'm new also, and I appreciate the tips. Thanks. I will be doing lots of reading in here.

11. s12345

s12345 New Member

hey there i think you can promote by:-

PPC ads
    articles
    emails
    lead lists
    squidoo
    hubpages
    linkrefferal.com

12. VictoriaNTC

Update:
    I am experiencing ????????"???¤.?¤??"??????????awesome
    results with Twitter!

While having a blast with it and meeting fellow online entrepreneurs at the same time!
    Victoria

13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi NTC,

That's great.

Specifically, what sort of results are you experiencing and how are they unique to micro blogging?

~Newbie Shield~

14. dangmyun

dangmyun Guest

You will find the way when you focus on what you are best at!

Just keep diging out a hole, then you will earn it

Try as much as Internet research about what you are really

thinking in you mind.

GOOD LUCK

15. VictoriaNTC

Newbie Shield: Hi NTC,

That's great.

Specifically, what sort of results are you experiencing and how are they unique to micro blogging?

~Newbie Shield~
    Hi Newbie Shield,
    It is s so nice to hear from you.

I have had an increase in sales, since I post my updates on Twitter.
    95% of my followers are Internet Marketers, the rest are Metaphysical Science students.

For the updates I want to read, I filter through Friend Feed or my iGoogle gadget...a real time saver!

In a way, Twitter is like having a targeted list! I just love it.

Last week, I read a tweet which took me to a great tutorial in making free Twitter backgrounds.
    I am not receiving SPAM, but useful Tweets from everyone so far.

Enjoy your day!
    Victoria

16. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Victoria,

Now that's great news. I don't think I'll ever be able to bring myself to delve into micro blogging, but I certainly know all about the pay off.

I know that many of the heavy hitters swear by it's value and I don't doubt it for a second.

An increase in sales and finding useful tutorials is a good thing though I'm not convinced that it's "unique to micro blogging".

Thanx for sharing so far, but if you could describe how micro blogging has provided something that you can't get any where else, I'm sure the community would appreciate it.

I'd love to be convinced myself. Is it possible that you're doing it because the big boys do it?

Thanx,

~Newbie Shield~

17. VictoriaNTC

Hi Newbie Shield,

Basically, I just followed the Thirty Day Challenge Pre-Season.
    At the time, I was unsure what Twitter could do for me, or why I would want a Twitter account. It sounded annoying at first.

I signed up anyway, and over at WA many members are following each other.

It is just a lot of fun, and I have made additional sales from posting links when updating my web pages.

And, a long lost relative found me through Twitter!

I am unfamiliar with micro blogging, sorry.
    Have a great day!

Victoria