The Correct way to use social media.....

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by WorkAtHome_Pam, Apr 9, 2015.

1. WorkAtHome_Pam

WorkAtHome_Pam New Member

Here is some irony, not only do I promote MCA Club, work as a waitress in a busy cafe, but I also manage several small businesses online; and I HATE social media!

This is like a road block for me that I just can't seem to move!!! I use Hootsuite to organize the "Tweets" and "Likes", blah blah blah, and I know how important it is to SEO, but Lord I am just not sure the best way to go about this engaging cause I am not exactly a social butterfly, so I draw a blank. ALOT!

It seems that when I talk about stuff that has nothing to do with my business, or their business....it is easier. But part of me still has that "Pre-Panda/Penguin" KEYWORD mentality!

Any seasoned veterans that can help me out with an easier, yet effective way to create that social following in any niche???

Jenae likes this.
  2. WorkAtHome_Pam

WorkAtHome_Pam New Member

Thanks for the reply and great insight. I had no idea that tweets were no longer indexed. (Sigh) And no, I have never hosted a twitter chat....so thanks for that suggestion.
    It does sound then as if it is about talking with people on any interesting subject, and not just the website you are hoping to pull that link juice over too.
    This is at least reassuring, whether it is my websites....or my customers, I think my real barrier comes from trying to discuss the business tied to that account, instead of the beautiful spring weather, festivities within the community, or other "normal conversations" I would have with people if I were sitting face to face with them. :)

Thanks for direction.

Jenae, Just2EZ and SkipTheDrive like this.
  3. SandraGJ

SandraGJ Member

This is exactly the same kind of problem I was having some time ago. I have personal profiles on almost all of the social medias but I never actually communicated with my friends, followers etc. So it was a struggle for me to actually ''learn'' how to properly use twitter for marketing purposes. In this case, slow and steady wins the race, at least for me. A reply here and there isn't going to hurt anyone, and like you said, normal laid back conversations with your followers is much more valuable than a plain boring link exchange.

drknlvly6781 and SkipTheDrive like this.
  4. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Find out what they struggle with and create content and post around that stuff. Make your content about them, this will get you the most engagement.
    I wouldn't automate any of my social network marketing, people can see right through that type of stuff.

Russell Toews likes this.
  5. amazingAkj

amazingAkj New Member

Agreed with SkipTheDrive. Quality of your tweet/content is most important than your quantity of posts.
    If your posting 1-2 a day with valid and good posts/tweets/content which brings you results is fine enough.
    Don't go for numerous go for fabulous.

payment proof likes this.
  6. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

I promote people all day. I write for others all day. I hate self promotion and finishing my own projects. So, I feel you. If you don't like social media, I'd recommend farming it out. It's not worth the misery if you don't like doing it.

7. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Quality is always more important than quantity, but getting a quantity of quality traffic is a good thing too. :)

Great point about not over doing it on social media. :)

8. Jenae

Jenae New Member

I would have asked the same thing it seems like whenever I post on social media I come to a stand still, I feel that sometimes I am a lil shy until I get to know someone for the most part, so I thought social media would be easy for me since
    That's my big start. Looking forward to more helpful posts. Thank you for
    The opportunity and look forward to more posts!

payment proof likes this.
  9. amazingAkj

amazingAkj New Member

Usually people shy off in front of strangers but if your posting an advertisement then what's the point of shying off?
    Jenae, use my tactic, what I do while posting I think my masterpiece is being publish which will reward me later so I make a good one, sometimes failure too teach us a lesson, if this is the reason of your awkwardness then get rid of this. Trust me social media is that platform where you can easily promote almost anything with genuine limitations.

10. Russell Toews

Russell Toews Member

I'm a lot like you describe here too. I have 4 wonderful 20-30K twitter accounts curtesy of the now defunct tweetadder program but they just sit there doing nada because I can't think of enough cool things to say in 140 characters. So I mostly just blog and write the occasional article for ezinearticles.

Last edited: May 25, 2015
    Jenae likes this.