The Inside Scoop on the CSG

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, May 30, 2007.

1. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

For the past 2 years I have been a loyal member of the CSG. I have served on their leadership and given my all to this organization. Many of you have been inspired by our testimony as well as our many live calls and training. The experience was invaluable in terms of personal growth and development. I have met many friends and business associates. In the past few months many CSG members have contacted me with various concerns of how the CSG is training their members. Most of the issue has been with cost. The system is too expensive, leads are too expensive and there is too much training that cost too much. The cost of the seminar is $299 a person and there are no free passes to the events like in our Coastal Package. With this being said and me having intimate knowledge of the "Culture of CSG" I wanted to open a discussion on the various other systems so I can offer my team members a choice. I myself am only using my CSG MAC system as I have enough team mates so that with affiliate commission its worth it to me. But for a new member they buy a package maybe the premier @ $3995. Then their CSG MAC is $250 to set up then they buy $400 worth of leads. They also set up their merchant account and that is another $100. Thats almost 5k in the first month. Now each month they still have leads and their system so the expenses keep going up. Now some of my team mated get qualified early and start a profit but many as we know need a few months to get it. By then they are almost broke. Do any of you have any ideas to share about the cost of your systems and how they compare. To be honest I can see getting an auto responder like I have from Fun Time for $30 a month and putting the Coastal movie on YouTube or MySpace like i have seen so many others do and not need a new back office. That idea makes my CSG MAC truly overpriced for what it does and how it compares to the rest of the market. Ive also seen some post on Contact Mate. That looks like a bargain and would love to hear you guys replies on that. Please be sure to contact me with any question on the CSG, Fun Time or answers to these post.

Adam
  2. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Just the name of this thread is going to "stir the pot". lol
  3. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Harold, seems we have had a lot of pot stirrin lately .......[​IMG]

Terri
  4. cashwealth

cashwealth Guest

I suggest that all Funtime people should start they separete tread and just get-off from Coastal tread. This is for Coastal people only. Make up your mind people , either Coastal or Funnytime.

Just my 2 cents.

cw
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Im lost as to the responses to my post. I am in Coastal and trying to find out which one of your systems I should use in the future as I phase out my CSG MAC. Im giving the inside scoop on the CSG MAC system as I was instrumental in putting alot of it together. Again I ask you guys to share about your systems so I can make a decision as to which one to use. My CSG MAC is $150 a month and way too expensive. Does anyone use the CWB system or COA system and can they give some feedback. This is not about "Funny Time " as CW said or about stirring up the pot. Terri you were on the Fun Time Call so know you have all the details so there is no need to go any further on that line. This thread was to learn about you guys systems so I can use one of them as I move from the CSG MAC. Thank you all for your help in advance.

Adam
  6. cashwealth

cashwealth Guest

Adam,

Why not use your 40000 leads for Coastal? You are a L3 Director, and you asking to somebody lead you?? How you can lead your group then?? $150/month is to much to carry?? Then how you can afford the Funtimes $300/month bill??
    Something is just not add up or I'm missing something???

Did you checked CB-United out??

cw
  7. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi cw,

Sorry to jump on here, but I think I understand what Adam is saying. I don't think that he has a problem with the cost of running his business. He is concerned with the costs to his new associates.

I think he wants to do everything he can for the people that have trusted him enough to follow in his footsteps. It sounds to me like he is looking for a better (in this case, more affordable) way of running business.

I think one of the best things about Coastal is that we can all work together; we can all help each other out. No one is in charge or taking the lead. We are all in different groups but we all have the same product and the same opportunity for a better way of life.

I think we should help Adam, and everyone else that is out there looking into the different groups, see what our systems offer/cost.

Having said that, as far as the CWB goes, the short and sweet is this:

4 websites, auto responder system, email account, complete back office, and a brand new campaign manager coming soon (so the price may go up some) - $59.95 per month. $10 affiliate commission on the websites.

I really wasn't going to answer this post. I do not want it to look like I am in any way trying to 'take' someone away from the system that they are using. I do know that people looking in to Coastal are reading this forum and I am a firm believer in people having all of the facts in front of them from the start.

I hope this helps and I hope everyone has a blessed day!

Lora
  8. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Its not too expensive for me at all. That is not what im saying. Im saying that most of the people we initial prospect to dont have alot of money. But we make them believe we can lead them. For some of them the money for leads and the system can be prohibitive. I know that the other systems are cheaper in price so im trying to get some details so they can make a better financial decision for themselves. Thats what a leader does make a better way for there team. Plus it opens up the amount of people on mmy team that are consistently working. So what system do you use and why? How much does it cost you? And why do you see it as a good system?

Adam
  9. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Thanks for the reply Lora. That is exactly what im looking for. Thanks again. If you need anything from me just let me know.

Adam
  10. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Sorry Adam!

We must have both been typing at the same time - I wasn't trying to answer for you!

[​IMG]

Lora
  11. cashwealth

cashwealth Guest

Lora,

Ok, and just how they find your websites?? You have 4 website and who's promoting those?? Promotion is included in the $59.95/month price?? I hope so.

If not, a newcomer what can do with those sites?? They can't even handle 1 website... You know how much is cost to promote 4 sites??? Rest my case.

Adam, which Coastal group are you belongs to??? I Don't understand: are you want to jump ship/group (your Director) or....Bring your new sign ups to a more suitable group?? PM we details.

cw
  12. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi cw,

I would be happy to answer your questions.

Our 4 websites are for different things. One is a retail only site. One is a lead capture page. One is a team site. The other is a business opportunity site.

I personally use a combination of ways to get traffic to my site. I primarily use leads since I stink at advertising!

I hope this answers your questions.

I was not trying to open a can of worms. I probably shouldn't have even answered the original post. Could someone else please post what their group offers so that I am not the only one? Thanks! [​IMG]

Lora
  13. ibizniz

ibizniz New Member

Hello

there are many other systems you can use, vacationpower at $29.95/mo the official sites at $79.95/mo coanetwork

or you can develop your own for less.

It just depends how duplicated or how search engine friendly you want to be ?

hope this helps
    maria

cw my sentiments exactly, funnytime needs to stop confusing itself with coastal ....coastal it is NOT
  14. cashwealth

cashwealth Guest

Lora,

You just answered my point: If you buying leads then why did you need the 4 websites??? Why pay for it??? (Just think if they force us to join funtimes how many websites you have to promote...)

So you pay $59 for 4 websites + $200/months for leads...

Compare to our system which cost $19.95/month....Even if you have your own domain with hosting, cost you an extra $10/month....maybe.
    I'm talking here only when you start-up, as a newbee. Heck after you're in profit go ahead and go whatever you want with your money. You want to grow your business, buy leads, buy PPS ads, etc you name it. If you make $6-8k/month you can even afford a 'guru'....to do your marketing.
    I just hate to shell out money if is unnecessary.

cw
  15. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

I think some of you guys are missing the point. Adam has already stated he is a level 3 director in CSG. I for one wouldnt be able to join at a premium level and pay for the system and leads as he described without it hurting my bank account and i have a good paying job.

I am one of those who is looking into coastal and though i cant speak for everyone else i would appreciate a discussion (without accusing or fighting back and forth about wich team is best) about how each groups systems work and the costs involved.

I have read most of you guys posting and i honestly feel each one of you thinks your group is best and that is what i like about you guys.So if its possible could we please bury the Funtime V. Coastal hatchet and discuss this?
  16. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Great idea PT Dude. I am going to start a new topic about the call center philosophy, since you asked. This topic does not belong here.
  17. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Well Adam... I have stated and told you that I have actually been into the back offices of ALL the other groups- CSG truly DOES have it nailed. You do get what you pay for!

However, what I do is pay for the first 3 months of all premier and platinum members MAC and throw in advertising. I see this as re-investing in the right peoples businesses-and in my own- (I don't take on those I don't feel are success minded) and as I teach the 90 day game plan- I know they have the tools, that I am here for them daily and that there will be no problems getting their businesses off the ground. IF and that is IF they follow that 90 day plan. As you know, its simple to do in 10 hours a week- and I don't believe in turning them loose in the system- I support them and "hand hold" every step of the way. Show them the path of what I did, but the trick is in sorting for the right people in the first place!

You can pay for their merchant account set up as a "congratulations, you are released gift". I also like to send flowers and a nicely framed certificate. My feeling is that directors release is just not enough recognition for that accomplishment. It takes commitment to get there- business depot has nice certs. Its not a big thing, but I understand it means a lot to people.

That- comes down to whether your true motivation is helping and guiding others to success or merely making a sale.

I don't need to tell you- that putting the e2impact art or materials OFF a CSG site is a violation of contractual terms. The CSG paid big bucks for that system, I think it is their right to protect their copywrited materials. I know others do it, but I don't think that makes it right!

I'm interested in that Contact Mate thing too. Now that I have leads coming in from all over the place, I'm interested in the different functionality of that system.

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  18. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Hey PT Dude,

Thanks for your post. I wanted to reply back to you and just lend my simple suggestions about how you should decide on if Coastal is for you. For the past 2 yrs ive been a member of one of the groups that has been mentioned in here and served on their leadership board. My wife and I were featured in the HBC Magazine in May 2006 for our Coastal Business. What I would look for is a system that suits your lifestyle. Sit down and plan out what you want your life and more specifically your day to look like. I know it sounds crazy but it really works. Then when you figure it out you can plan to get the right system to fit that lifestyle. It effects which system you use. Lets say you hate making phone calls then leads arent what you need. Maybe you might like being in front of people or if you even hate that then a call center option might work. See you lifestyle effects the tools you need. Right now im getting an auto-dialer to handle my big amount of leads. Im looking at Contact Mate and it seems to be a fit for me. I also need a good auto-responder for my leads. Im using a few right now until I decide which one on the market is best for me. I also needed options to be out in the public. From my writing and post you can probably see I like to be a public person. Whether in the public or on a public forum. So that has alot to do with my choices in systems. Every time I come in here and post I have made it my thing to go post advertising ont he net as well. And boy im glad you guys are replying. Im getting a bunch of response from all this activity. The lawa of attraction at work. So I hope that helps in finding out what it takes to get yourself started right in this business. Id would love to sit down with anyone and give them my consultation on Coastal.

Adam
  19. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Lately I have been talking to alot of CSG Members that are not happy with the CSG and are switching to other groups. I was wondering if this is a trend others of you are seeing as well. I do know many of my team members have found some of the tools in the CSG a bit prohibitive. Primarily the CSG MAC system. At $149.95 when so many other system that others are using to make money with Coastal cost about half as much. Have any of you been getting any others coming to your groups for this reason. I had mentioned earlier in the post im looking into various systems and i want to persoanlly thank Noreen for letting me see the demo version of the WCYS b/o. Good stuff. This helps in helping me keep my team informed as to what options they have. Any responses on grwoing CSG trends would be helpful.

Adam
  20. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Adam,
    please don't be offended by this comment but, we try to stay positive when we talk about eachother's teams on this forum. Yes, we point out the benefits of each of our teams but we do our best to not say negative things about other teams because we are all working for the same goal and that is to be a successful Coastal Vacations team. You obviously know what it takes to be successful in Coastal and I congratulate you on that but to ask for negative feedback on a certain teams tools doesn't fit in around here even if it is your own team or former team. I'm not a moderator but I do know that it can get pretty heated around here as we have seen in the last couple of weeks so, as a fellow member, can we just keep it positive for the new prospects coming in to visit this forum? Thanks a lot, Adam.

Harold Simpson