The Inside Scoop on the CSG

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by ateamfuntimer, May 30, 2007.

1. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

I agree i definitely want to keep this discussion positive. Pointing out Features and benefits of systems is nice but it is still nice to know about each system and even their flaws. Just remember a flaw for one person is a benefit for another were all a little different or we wouldnt be spending our time and money working for a better life. We would all be completely satisfied with whatever J.O.B we were doing and just believe that was the way life is supposed to be.

I understand you with the LOA Adam i dont think it is just chance we all joined this board not just for coastal or funtime but just the home business connectons we ALL have.
  2. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: ateamfuntimerLets say you hate making phone calls then leads arent what you need.

Adam.

So if people just cannot get themselves to call a lead than are you saying a person can sell without leads??

Tell us how a person can sell anything without leads and without calling leads.

Since we are sharing ideas and since you made this comment I would really like to know the answer to that.

thanks

Terri
  3. jnapier

jnapier New Member

This is a very viable discussion. As much as some of you want to see this as a cross recruiting thread...I can tell you IT'S NOT!

As a Leader with the CSG I've gotten the same type of calls Adam spoke about. I have ALSO been discusted with the $99 activation fee for the system. IT'S A GREAT SYSTEM, but folks....$99 it way too much!!

The word that come to mind is GREED!!!

Has CSG become a Greedy Monster??

I'm attending their event in Las Vegas...and I expect to go WITHOUT my checkbook! I'm confident they'll be selling ALOT of stuff to their members.

Here's what REALLY comes to mind: "Those who can DO, those who CAN'T teach!"

As for me an my team....We are a DOING team and I'm planning an announcement soon as to what direction I'm headed.

Jay NaPier
    Level 3 Director/ Master Trainer
    Coastal Vacations
  4. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I know that someone said CSG will be offering a mortgage reduction program as well as Coastal, is this true?

How has CSG become greedy and how will it hurt our business?

Terri
  5. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

I thought I had answered Terri's post but for some reason I dont see the thread so ill try again. Terri many people dont buy leads and call them to run their Coastal business. There are many that market the product direct to business owners. I am very good at this as first off for $4000 a business can have all the marketing tools they needs. By that I mean an unlimited supply of vacations they can use to reward employees, as incentives to repeat customers as well as obtaining new customers. I get at least 3 advertisements in the mail each week from car dealerships that offer travel incentives to customers. If I just focused on car dealerships id never have to buy a lead ever again in life. Now think of all the businesses that could use this package. And guess what many of them spend way more than $4000 a month on advertising. The bottomline is this as a business owner if I can spend 4k instead of 48k for advertising I saved 44k that I can use for anything I want. Thats a savvy business deal. Now what about doing fundraisers. If I just did fundraisers I could market a Coastal package and never have to call a lead. If you want any more of my ideas on how to market this business without having leads I would gladly spend 30 mins in conversation and the ideas I would give you would promote your business to the next level. That type of knowledge is what has made me an successful coastal level III director as well as a great mentor to my team as well as make me invaluable to business owners in the home based business arena that pay me for my coaching. I have to say that the experience I had in sales b4 Coastal has truly been an asset but more importantly the ideas which we share in forums such as this without trying to catch someone in something they say is what makes all of us better. So lets try to not keep fighting each other and trying to make the other look bad but lets uplift each other and share tips and strategies that are helpful to us all growing our businesses.

Adam
  6. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thanks Adam, we (my partners and I) are considering the business incentive way to sell as part of our marketing plan.

From what I hear it's a quick sale.

Lately we just haven't had the time to call leads.

Hopefully things will start to slow down with my other business enough where I will have time to concentrate solelly on Coastal.
  7. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Terri,

I don't think it is CSG that is offering the mortgage reduction program as I just got an email from Jeff Mills promoting Mortgage Accelerator Plus. He is holding a webinar about it tonight. Although, maybe CSG is doing it too?

Frankly, I have enough business with just Coastal!

And aside from an affiliate link or two, I've never been one to push multiple programs. For me, it makes it difficult to obtain the "expert" status that I really believe is part of being a good Director when you are trying to focus on too many things at once.

But, to each their own...

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  8. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

This is getting to be a confusing thread [​IMG]

Thanks Tonya for the info but I guess CSG is making some kind of announcement at their Conference about some kind of mtge product.

Jay Napier is the one who is making comments about CSG and greed etc, so I was asking him what in the world is going on.

LOL....
    JAY! so what's the deal? Details please!

Terri
  9. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Terri,

If you look at the BIG picture. You'll see that the CSG is charging it's member a large amound $89 or $149 for their business development system. While the system is supposed to include training, over the last 6 months it's expanded to include group trainings running $80 - $399 to attend these program.

The training event they are having in Las Vegas is $299 per person and does not include lodging or meals.

What makes this worse is that FEW realize that they are making 50% of all the products sold at the event. So, if you went and bought a program from Mark Victor Hansen for $500 - They get $250.

Yes, they have a new mortgage program they are going to be promoting. There's no reason to promote a mortgage program...Here's why.

If you owed $250,000 on a home and were making $10,000 per month - You could quickly and easily pay off the note in 3-4 years...No special program required. BUT...Since that is not the case, they must create another income stream to keep peoples interest.

Let's look at the 1 day events. $95 to attend a 1 day training event. You can goto Jeffery Combs 3 day event for $99 and see all the industry trainers in 1 location.

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
  10. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Thanks for the response Jay.

Terri
  11. goldmills

goldmills New Member

What is or does their mortgage deal cost?
  12. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

Wow alot has been going on in the past weeks. In the post I see the frustration of alot of you and some of the anger definitely comes out. I would like to say that the learning experience I had using the products of the CSG taught me a great lesson. I did make alot of money using those products and serving on the leadership helped me in more ways than I could ever list here. But as I have learned the lessons they taught me about business especial the simple buy wholesale sell retail ive begun to use that in all my life. I look for deals everywhere now lol. So it only makes sense I find the best system for my needs at the best price. Its a business decision nothing else. So lets all remember to keep our thoughts business and compare the pro's and con's and not the groups. I love the time I had in the forefront of the CSG. It was a great time but now I have grown and am ready to spread my wings.

Adam
  13. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Not that anyone does not know this, but to just come out and say it like this...

The most successful online Coastal people DON'T USE replicated websites as their FIRST IMPRESSION.

Jay doesn't
    Dean Doesn't
    Britt Doesn't
    I don't
    Adam Doesn't
    Matt Willis doesn't
    Maria Doesn't

Which means.... replicated site are good for people who cannot make their own, but in my opinion DIFFERENTIATION is the key, style, personality, grace, integrity, customization or whatever word you want to throw in there... is what makes you noticed and stands you out above all the same people standing in the forest behind green trees that all look the same, and stand the same.

All these people make over $10,000 a month on their businesses.

As I said, again, I am not saying replicated, duplicatable system sites like CSG, WCYS, CWB or DFI are bad, but in the end, we want to tell people they are "DUPLICATABLE" and they are duplicatable in regards to how the computer makes them, but cannot inject customizations, which is where people need to spend their time if they want to win the online game.

Remember, if every team/group had a "TRUE" replicated duplicatable system, we would all be millionaires.

We all get Milk from the Same Cow - Just churn your own butter.

CSG is a tool, and their owners keep it as a tool, but in the last year, as I have seen them grow and mutate, it's also about profits, and there is nothing wrong with the CSG leaders turning profits out of everything they do.

They are making a mint, good for them, but it is expensive and not everyone can sustain it.

Which is why competition flurrishes within Coastal for the"perfect deal" that is the right price and offers the most "whatever" you want to say so people go ape about it.

I sell a mortgage Accelerator program cause I think they are genius and ya, most people if they make $10,000 of surplus cash over an above their current income could use that and put it towards their mortgage but that is not the whole picture. And in the end that would not be wise and prudent financial investing.

But that is for a new forum to talk about.

I hope the people we all come in contact with through this business, get more from us than we take from them. I hope we build instead of tear down.

I hope everyone who reads these threads on this forum, no matter what... does not quit and keeps working smart in all they do, so they can reach their dreams.

YOU CAN DO IT! THERE IS A WAY TO FIND SUCCESS JUST LIKE WE ALL HAVE. FIND IT.

Jeff
  14. wapahm

wapahm New Member

Jeff
    GREAT POST!!

I agree, if we want stand out in the forest
    we must be a different kind of tree
    I am now in the middle of building my own web site not only for this reason, but as I build my team, I want to have the knowledge to show my team how to stand out!

Here's to everyone's success,
    Cindy
  15. goldmills

goldmills New Member

now you are catching on..... [​IMG]
  16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I went with a group at one point because they had what I needed all in one place but felt I was way to confined.

When I decided to quit they still charged me for a full month even tho I told them before the first of the month which did not make me a happy camper! IF you decide to go with one of the groups mentioned make certain that you read the fine print.

Fortunately with Coasta YOU are THE business owner, YOU have the freedom to do as you see fit as to marketing, advertising, where you buy your leads etc.

Do you know that some businesses take total control over what you say or do on any other website you may put up. In some businesses, like one famous candle co. the company does NOT allow YOU to mention their name, nor place pictures of the actual products, nor sell their products from your own website everything MUST go thru your company replicated website. PLUS they make you buy their products per month to keep your site. Do you really have a biz or are you an affiliate?

Some or most of the Coastal groups and the members who frequent this forum tell you that they have THE System you can't live without, that they made kazillions using their systems and replicated sites, and without THEIR groups system you can't be successful.............. BULL!!!

While I will agree that one needs TOOLS to grow and build and a system, but, you dont have to be a lemming and look like a lemming to have success in this or ANY business.

I have and grew TWO very successful businesses, one solely done on the internet, I have made a 6 figure income with each of those businesses! So when i came into Coastal I thought this will be a no brainer, a piece of cake....well.....NOT necessarily regardless of what everyone here says selling a vacation pkg is not the slogans that people say on this forum necessarily so dont get frustrated if you try and try and wonder what they are doing you aren't!!

After having two very successful businesses and hearing folks say something like ....I made thousands my first month or 6 weeks etc etc, I would love to say to them...PROVE IT!!! AND than show us the step by step how you did it.

Wouldn't you like just once if someone said I too struggled with selling this or that but I persevered and stuck with it and than earned a fairly decent income but it took time..???

I didn't earn 6 figure income right away in my other businesses but I researched and tried this and that and finally it WORKED!

With Coastal the potential is there, the fine folks like Maria, Jeff and Jay have phenominal ideas they are willing to share with all of us and I listen to them and implement their ideas. Will I be as successful as they are I hope so....will my team be as successful as they are...I will strive for that!

Bottom line...you don't need any group replicated sites just like they said , exceptions are the call centers, they close sales for you and give you the TOOLS you need to go out on your own with your own website to be a success. There are several closing call centers and I am going to try more than one myself because with two other thriving businesses I need the help closeing centers offer.

I will be implementing many ideas I have learned about selling Coastal very soon as I am placing my other business on auto pilot and will solely work at building a team with Coastal. Based on my experience once you have Coastal on auto pilot than you can have MULTIPLE STREAMS OF INCOME!!!

There are a lot of business models out there, find one and stick with it but watch whether or not what you are hearing is just plain hype or is it for real??

Terri
  17. ateamfuntimer

ateamfuntimer New Member

This is going great. This is why I started "The Inside Scoop on the CSG". To make everyone think. For 2 years I was part of one system and only focused on that system. While I did great with it many others have had issues. I do see that being part of a group does have alot of advantages. You dont have to make up anything for yourself if you dont have the skills to do so. You get a website and a system to follow. Now systems are great but many of us outgrow that system. I loved my time in the CSG but came to realize they could offer me nothing else in terms of growth. If you stop growing its like you have stopped living. I was always familiar with many of the names I see in this forum. I would goggle everything about Coastal. My goodness I thought Jay Napier owned Coastal for a minute. I saw there was a big world outside of the CSG. But obligations keep me focused on learning in the team frame of the CSG. For many this is all they need. You might see the post from people that swear up and down over one system. Id say this I am an entrepreneur. I look for opportunities. Thats what we do. I look for the best deal its like buying wholesale and selling retail we all do that with Coastal. Everything has a season. The CSG served its purpose on giving me the training I needed to come on forums like this as an expert. Now do I have my own website. Yes I do. Im in the midst of learning how to make landing pages. Ive learned a bit of html as well. I have been messing with various other advertising options. You see I have grown to the point that being pinholed in a group is too small of a place for us. Thats why im giving the inside scoop and why im here to learn what other options are out there for me and my team.

Adam
  18. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

How do you like the Funtime Leads for Coastal?
  19. jnapier

jnapier New Member

Quoting: goldmillsI hope the people we all come in contact with through this business, get more from us than we take from them. I hope we build instead of tear down.

Jeff you've made some great points. My primary goal is to assist as many people as possible in getting to profit in their business and I know that's one of yours as well. From the "Official" side of things they keep things very basic. This CAN be an advantage as on the other side of things csg has gotten confusing. I'd personally like to see more success stories, and let's face it this business is changing daily....and a colaboration works alot better than a fist fight.

Where is Coastal going?? Few really know. It seems that a reactive measure is in place insteat of a proactive. Why are there 2 Las Vegas training events all in the same week?

If your looking to join Coastal I MUST tell you that one size DOES NOT fit all. I've learned from EVERY group with Coastal. I've attended alot of Coastal events and I've bought alot of Coastal training material.

IN the end, you've got to realize you are an independent business owner and YOU....are the only one responsible for your success. Your director will assist you to the best of their ability.

Jay NaPier
    Coastal Vacations
  20. cgardner1

cgardner1 New Member

Adam,
    I too still have my CSG site and Global theater to support my team.
    But I now have the wecloseyoursales site - the site is great, the movie is top notch, the lead capture pages are really nice and the back office is filled with tons of training and contact management, as well as it has the ability to track all they calls, with comments and follow ups that the professionals make for you.

Carole