The Key To Working From Home Is "WORK"

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Jessica Mackey, Aug 26, 2012.

1. Jessica Mackey

Jessica Mackey New Member

Hello, I am new to the Work At Home Forum. It is a pleasure to meet everyone and I wish you all continued success. I have found that the easiest way to earn money working from home is to pick something you love to do or are good at and do it. Hard work and determination will lead to your greatest rewards. Good Luck! :)
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Nice to meet you too Jessica. :)

I agree the key to working at home is work.

I've been working from home for over 6 years. It has taken a lot of hard work, but I love it!!
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Jessica,

Pleased to meet you, too. Yes, it definitely takes real work to build a home business - whether online or offline. Sadly, many get the idea that there's "easy money" to be had. The truth is that it only seems easy at times if you are really enjoying it - the same as any other type of job. I love my online business, but I get burned out from time to time and need to step away and refresh myself in order to come back and be more productive again.

It will be nice getting to know you a bit over the coming months. Welcome aboard.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  4. Miss B

Miss B New Member

I agree. Its just become second nature working 2 jobs....though my partner calls it a hobby.....
    I enjoy it alot though and love the constant learning involved. i just think the rewards are far more worth it in the long run than anything else!
    WAHWorks likes this.
  5. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Welcome to the forum, Jessica.

Personally I dislike the expression "hard work" because it suggests that you must practically slave away at whatever it is you are doing in order to achieve any worthwhile reward. Most people buy into that belief.

While I agree that to get a certain result you must focus and apply yourself to whatever tasks are necessary, the truth is, the effort does not have to be hard or complex. It simply needs to be smartly planned and then conscientiously implemented. The fact that your work load is physically or mentally challenging is not sufficient to guarantee fantastic results.

There are lots of people working hard and not making a dime because their plan is flawed or missing critical components. In those cases no amount of "hard work" will alter the outcome.

Hermas
    robinincarolina likes this.
  6. Miss B

Miss B New Member

I think that because everyone thinks, learns, understands things differently it really is a huge variable! I agree with Hermas that "no amount of hard work will alter the outcome" if you don't know what you are doing in the first place. I do think you need common sense, the ability to problem solve and learn to be able to get somewhere in this Market. Time, commitment and an interest in what you are doing will go a long way.
  7. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Jessica,

You also need to commit to and never give up. Too many people just give up when they start to see that things are hard and are not working out.

Everyday, learn something new. You can learn a lot from losing then you are from winning. Every time you have a challenge or you feel that you are not moving forward, learn from that experience.

I also don't like HARD WORK because just like a JOB, you can not get anywhere. You need to work smart and not hard. Too many people think that if they work harder online that things will work out. You have to test things out to see what works best for you.

I used to work really hard and bang my head a lot on the computer until I started to learn what works and what doesn't and since then, I am working less and a whole lot smarter.
    Miss B likes this.
  8. Miss B

Miss B New Member

yeah that is also very true actually. you do need to be very smart. there are tricks and there are so many untapped things. you need to be original this day in age i think.
  9. Mikka

Mikka New Member

yeah that's the best advice to give, do it the smart way! Take shortcuts whenever you can, even when you have to pay for them.
    For me there is no hard work. As I love what I'm doing, I can spend hours doing what I do and staying relaxed!

Your focus and your thoughts are almost as important as the "hard work". If you don't have the right mindset you can work as hard as you want and never make it to the top...
    Miss B likes this.
  10. Miss B

Miss B New Member

That is so true Mikka. If I am not in the right frame of mind I don't even bother anymore. I used to stress about having to write something RIGHT NOW! TODAY! must be done...but you know what I learnt....if I did post something when I wasnt in the right frame of mind I would end up going back the next day and redoing it anyway. So time is better spent on quality, not quantity. Then it wont be hard work, like Mikka said, if you love it, you can do it for hours and it will never feel like work. thats why I decided to learn how to work from home. Sick of hating getting up everyday and going to the same job with the same people and getting paid sooooo not my worth! Now I am, and I love it too!
  11. Miss B

Miss B New Member

hey steve,
    what type of work do you do?
  12. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

A Home business once flourishing is amongst the greatest of joys. See others achieve that status is also very rewarding. I love network marketing home business. If you don't have one get one an mlm business!
  13. brianbizbuilder

brianbizbuilder New Member

One thing I've learned in my many years of working online is to not only work hard, but to work smart. Don't try to bite off more than you can chew. Promote a few products or services--less is more--but never do a truckload worth. You'll wear yourself out and, actually, make less money in the long run. All the best!
  14. dbarnsdal

dbarnsdal New Member

I am new to the forum and online businesses in general. I am just starting to learn the ropes and the first thing I have learned is that there is just so much to learn. In online marketing, I have come up such a huge mountain of information and everybody is saying that they "have the secret." I think that is my biggest frustration is everybody saying they "have the secret," but nobody really giving out any secrets.

Personally, I don't think there is a "secret" other than hard work and knowledge, but sometimes it's really hard work to find and learn the "right" knowledge.
  15. TJ Reed

TJ Reed New Member

Jessica,

Your TITLE says it all!!!

I love working from home. BUT, it didn't happen overnight or though some magic product or secret.

It requires work!!! BUT, for me anyway, it's SOOOOO worth it!!!
  16. mbasa

mbasa Member

I like the that you mention the fact that one must find what they love first. I made no progress for three years because I was chasing niches that I did not care about. I've finally realised what I am all about, and now I look forward to writing articles or creating lenses. For me - the term I like is consistency, which I could not do because I had no passion for the niches that I chose in the past.
  17. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

When asked "What should I sell" my answer is always "Market your passion" if you know about it then you bring that much more to the table! If you're plan is to make money working at home on the Internet then get trained and understand that it's still a job and you still have to work at it. You can have the world's greatest product and if people don't come to your website you won't sell it. Make learning how to drive traffic to your website the first thing you learn about and keep learning about how to do it forever. In two weeks there will be new ways to do it that don't even exist now, be ready to learn them. If people come to your site and you have something they want to offer them. You will make money. Otherwise don't quit your day job!
  18. TJ Reed

TJ Reed New Member

Good for you!!! One of my main sources of marketing is article writing. I really enjoy being creative and sharing with others what I know.

Thanks the others BIG hurdle to get over in any type of internet marketing. I don't care what you are selling, it's all about sharing information. That's why writing articles can be such a lucrative marketing approach.
  19. annadenise

annadenise Member

I agree, you need to find something you WANT to do. Then it is alot less like work, lol! It took me a couple of years of searching before I found a co. that held my interest because I was always into health and nutritional supplements and other products. I am no expert on the internet when it comes to SEO, etc. but I am an excellent team leader and love to share knowledge with others. So although I don't write articles, don't do PPC, and don't have a big presence on the internet, I still get people that will come to me because they know my strengths are in teamwork, leadership and knowledge of the companies I am involved with.

One of my closest friends now, who was "competition" when we were both in some programs when we were "finding ourselves" a few years ago is an expert on utilizing the internet to the utmost. She programs, writes articles, does PPC, etc. She is known for being the internet expert.

So we all have things we love to DO as well as trying to find a company or niche we love as well to make the working much nicer than going to an 8-5 job like I did for many years in mg't. for a large co. One of the things I enjoy most is missing rush hour traffic and not having to sit at airports all the time.
  20. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Jessica, Welcome to the forum. I'm a big believer on work smart not hard. I say that and then I'll work long hours because what I'm doing is working and I get excited. That's what I like the most about working for myself. I never got excited about making someone else money, but I get excited doing it for me. ​