The only book you will EVER need

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by talfighel, Sep 10, 2011.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

OK, so I have read many motivational books over the years and must say that only one is really needed for those who are starting out in online marketing or offline business.

The first and most important book that you will ever need is called:

Think and grow rich
    By Napoleon Hill

I am not saying that you should not read other books, but if you just put to practice what you learn from there, you will be successful sooner then later.
    payment proof likes this.
  2. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

That one is on the list Tal. I have read "the Greatest Salesman In the World" by Og Mandino and highly recommend that too.

Rich
  3. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

"Think and Grow Rich" and "The Greatest Salesman in the World" are two excellent and inspirational reads.

I'd add this one to the list: The Richest Man in Babylon - George S. Clason.

Hermas
  4. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

I've never heard that of that one Hermas, i'll look it up.

Rich
  5. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

talfighel: Think and grow rich By Napoleon Hill
    For those who don't know, there is a 2012 version of Think And Grow Rich.
    It is titled "3 Feet From Gold" by Greg Reid of the Napoleon Hill Foundation.
    You can find video clip previews on YouTube or Greg's website.
    He interviews a lot of modern success stories to show you why
    You should never, ever, give up... 3 feet short of your goal.

If you don't know the story behind Think and Grow Rich, it is a story worth hearing.
    Napoleon Hill was a rags to riches story who spent 20 years writing the book for free.
    Dale Carnegie is the one that gave Napoleon Hill his contacts to interview for the book.
    Visit ThreeFeetAway.com for more information on Greg and the Napoleon Hill Foundation.

Earning comes with LEarning.

p.s. Greg just became a new daddy a few weeks ago, a healthy boy named Colt.
  6. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Check out Greg's new video about 3 Feet From Gold and Think and Grow Rich
    http://vimeo.com/40665216
    If the video hesitates, click HD on the player to change quality to normal.
    2 1/2 minutes that will change your thinking about failure and success.
    Greg was living in his car not that long ago, got a new caddy last week.
    Guess he wants his kid to be more comfortable?[​IMG]
  7. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

And now for the 3rd "Think and Grow Rich" book from The Napoleon Hill Foundation:
    "Think and Grow Rich; Stickability"
    http://stick-ability.com/ Watch the Stickablitiy video, awesome song.
    or on YouTube without the book promo.
    Interviews with Steve Wozniack and the inventor of the cell phone along many others.
    Even the founder of Word Press which so many of us use to create sucessful websites.
    So, "the only book you will ever need" is now 3 books, plus a few.
  8. NetWizard862

NetWizard862 New Member

"Think and grow rich" is a retro! It still rings the bell but there's a ton of books on business which are waaaay more relevant today. "How I Found Freedom in an Unfree World" by Harry Browne or "Uncertainty: Turning Fear and Doubt Into Fuel for Brilliance" by Jonathan Fields to mention just to mention a few. That is, I'm not even talking about all those amazing blogs on e-business. I know what I'm saying since it's been quite some time since I said "no thanks" to corporate world and got my business going with the help of all this insightful stuff and some cool SEO software.
  9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

I have just ordered a book online called:

chicken soup for the entrepreneur's soul

Should be interesting and very inspiring.
  10. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Wake up call? I'm now being "followed" by Napoleon Hill on Twitter. I do lead a strange life, lol.
    Had the privilege yesterday to see & hear both authors of "Think & Grow Rich; 3 Feet From Gold".
    Sharon Lechter has just published a New Release by Napoleon Hill called "Outwitting the Devil".
    It was written in 1938, the year after Think & Grow Rich, then locked in a vault for 64 years.
    Sharon is the co-author of Three Feet From Gold and the Rich Dad, Poor Dad series.
    She was asked by the Napoleon Hill Foundation to edit and publish his manuscript.
    It is about Napoleon Hill's own doubts and fears and how he conquered them.
    Doubt and Fear are the devil that causes us to sabotage our success.
    I highly recommend "Outwitting the Devil" by Napoleon Hill.

Think & Grow Rich was rejected by ~250 publishers before it got accepted.
    Never give up.
  11. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Think & Grow Rich is an excellent, excellent book and one I've read more than once.

Great recommendation talfighel!!
  12. Marco Casario

Marco Casario New Member

The Customer Magnet by Michael Cheney - should give you a few minutes of eye widening than normal experiences...
  13. Goosebump

Goosebump New Member

I agree - Talfighel. One of my favorites.

Wouldn't say that's the only book you will ever need, because continuing to learn is always important haha :)

Recently read $100 startup by Chris Guillebeau and thought that was great for our kind of people. Very inspirational and also practical!
  14. mreese601

mreese601 Member

This is a great book to read! But I wouldn't say that it's the only book that you would have to read!
  15. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Well, here's a chance of a lifetime for fans of Think & Grow Rich and Napoleon Hill.
    Tickets and information available at Eventbrite.com ($397 - $1,599 for 3 days)
    Only 1,500 tickets available so act fast if you want to attend special event.

Be a Part of History!​
    Don't Miss The BIG Event That Was Over 75 Years in the Making...​
    Del Mar, California October 25-27th, 2012​

Join us for a HISTORIC 3-day event where today’s top business and personal development minds honor the timeless message of Napoleon Hill and his classic books. Make plans to attend the extraordinary, Inaugural Think and Grow Rich 75th Anniversary International Summit!

WHY THIS EVENT WAS CREATED?
    Finally! An event geared to positively impact and share the timely message of Napoleon Hill’s classic book, Think & Grow Rich, and his latest release, Outwitting the Devil and to give you specific skills to succeed within your life and business.

The event is poised to commemorate the life’s work of Napoleon Hill, expose and teach new skills to combat distraction, adapt to today’s challenges, to mastermind, re-imagine Hill’s teachings and launch a new era of positive change and prosperity!

With the economy and the free-enterprise system often portrayed in a negative light, this 3-day summit will present the other side of the story. This event is not for everyone! By design, the program will inspire attendees and focus on opportunity, instead of fear, negativity, and controversy, which is given far too much media coverage and attention.

Many of today’s brightest minds from business and personal development will share their own stories of persistence, Hill’s impact on their life and the valuable lessons and wisdom we can all benefit from and use in our own endeavors.

Here Are a Few of the Industry Icons Invited to Share the Main Stage:
    • Sharon Lechter
    • Mark Victor Hansen
    • Shevaun Voisin
    • Ali Brown
    • Brendon Burchard
    • Tom Hopkins
    • Loral Lengemeier
    • Nido Qubein
    • Lisa Nichols
    • Greg Reid
    • Bob Proctor
    • Stephen MR Covey
    • Don Green
    • John DiLemme
    • Anthony Robbins
    • Lisa Sasevich
    • Jay Abraham
    • Mari Smith
    • Les Brown
    • Rita Davenport
    • Jack Canfield
    • John C. MAxwell
    • Jeffrey Gitomer
    • Brian Tracy
    • John Assaraf
    • Jim Cathcart
  16. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Free on-line streaming lectures this week from CEOSpaceInternational.com/live
    For fans of "Think and Grow Rich", there are 2 *Napoleon Hill* authors on Friday Dec. 14th, 2012.

Fridays classes include:
    10:00 - 11:30 Super Selling Mind Sets - Bob Proctor

12:00 - 1:00 Fear Blocks Fear Removal - Rhonda Britten

1:00 - 2:00 Outwitting All Your Devils - *Sharon Lechter*

5:30 - 6:30 Don’t Stop Three Feet From Gold - *Greg Reid*

The week of classes costs ~$6,000 but the live stream is free for anyone interested.
    A full schedule of classes with many great teachers is available on the CEO Space website.
    All times listed are Pacific Standard Time.
    Enjoy! I know I will. (1995 CEOSpace grad)
  17. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Books on motivation can help, but motivation without knowledge about how to accomplish a specific goal is useless. A lot of people have all of the motivation they need, but no knowledge about how to do it, or knowledge that is just plain bad advice, which could also be called misguided motivation. Just a thought...
  18. Another vote for Think and grow rich!
  19. Winter

Winter New Member

I am thinking I need to head over to Amazon and look up this Think And Grow Rich book. :)
  20. Karina Rosas

Karina Rosas New Member

This is a really great book. My company really pushes for his book. They are apart of the Napoleon Hill Foundation and is the go to guide for our distributors in keeping the motivation and vision going. Everyone needs to read it. It's on IBooks for free. :)