The secrets are not real secrets...

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Sep 1, 2012.

1. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

OK, this is not an article. I just came off some websites that offer the secrets to generating leads to your MLM business or even just to your work at home website.

For those of you here who are still buying those products in the hopes of getting the real "secrets", please stop spending your hard earned money.

I want to share with you all the techniques that have worked well for me in the past. Some cost money and others are free. Again, they all worked for me and others. You just have to stay consistent with them all the time. Anytime that you are not getting any or little results, keep moving forward and don't stop.

Paid media:
    Pay per click (This is by far my favorite of all)
    Find high traffic work at home websites and put your ad on their site for a fee.
    Find work at home newsletters that accept ads and advertise with them.

Free media:
    Forum posting.
    Article marketing ( Write new articles each week)
    Make videos and post them on YouTube.

These have all worked for me and I am sure that they will work for you too. I have used other techniques in the past but the above are the BEST.
    Vishal P. Rao and FreeCashMan like this.
  2. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Agreed. It's all about the marketing. If one works to establish consistent and effective marketing with a viable product/service/opportunity its pretty much impossible not to succeed. Many simply do not remain patience to let success come to them. One of my favorite sayings is "you can't rush goodness." You have to put in your time and then you will get that moment to shine.

All the best, and much success.
  3. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Great suggestions talfighel. And some of those suggestions also support SEO (such as posting on other sites, forums, etc. and creating backlinks.

The best way to get traffic is sometimes just hard work. :)
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Many people think like that but when you put things into motion, like running a successful PPC ad campaigns, you can pretty much let that run and you can be online for a few minutes to check things out like stats and sales. There are many people who do just that. They are using Yahoo and Google for ads and things pretty much run for them on complete auto-pilot.

So you have to be SMART and not really work hard.
    robinincarolina likes this.
  5. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Well said! Most people looking for that magic bullet that's going to make them $1000 dollars over night! It's not going to happen! Either you going to pay for traffic or you going to have too do the thing that will get you plenty of traffic. Youtube marketing is one of my favorite along with facebook!
  6. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

Facebook generates a lot of traffic for us and we do well with joining forums. Advertising has been the least successful method we've used much to our surprise!
  7. mbasa

mbasa Member

I've never been succesful with PPC - but I do realise that it may be the fact that I was sending the traffic directly to the vendor's page instead of my own squeeze page. I may give it a try again.

Thanks for sharing, talfighel.
  8. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

It's true that the secrets are really just available information, however the truth is still that there's a right way and a wrong way to approach all of these ideas and a lot of that is secret or at least hard to find out about. I download every free ebook I can get my hands on, there is a lot of information in some of them I would never find otherwise.
  9. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

You just have to be persistent and find which ads do well for you.
  10. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

I also use Facebook. My favorite is IBOtoolbox, there you can post 2 press releases a day with links and keywords and share them to almost anywhere. That saves me a lot of work and gets me a lot of exposure. Plus you associate with all of the people there and that gives you a group of people all working toward the same goal. I recommend it.
  11. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

Thank you a million for writing this! I feel like you took the words out of my mouth. So many people are getting scammed daily.
  12. Adrian

Adrian Member

Great Post,talfighel. Sometimes it is easy for newbies to get caught in the hype.
  13. It takes work! You need to take the time to learn the skills and then implement them. You learn through trial and error. Some methods of traffic take longer to learn than others and everyone has a different learning curve but regardless of what method or methods you use you need to learn how to use it first. :)
  14. Sarahssss

Sarahssss New Member

hi there :) there are some great ideas here...many thanks :)
  15. Wayne Miller

Wayne Miller Member

All over the Internet someone is offering to sell us some "secret". I have a rule, "Never pay for something you can get for free" if you look you'll see the "secret" is really just common knowledge.
  16. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I agree, what's up with all those secrets anyway? It's one of those hyped marketing ploys in my opinion. Human nature maybe? Everyone wants to know a secret. ;)

Just be real and authentic. Hyped up ploys may make sales, but they also rack up the returns as well.
  17. Brian Hammer

Brian Hammer New Member

To all folks,
    I have a question - On an average, how many backlinks should I have to get the site listed in the first page of Google SERP? Say the monthly global searches are 12000 & google finds approximately 100 million.

Now regarding facebook to get the traffic, I think it does not make that much sense if compared to get the site in the first page of SERP.

Please let me know your opinion guys.
    Thanks!
  18. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Zero! First place search results do not go to the site with the most backlinks.
    Content is what matters most to Google and you can hit #1 with NO backlinks.
    In fact, outbound links from your site can rank you higher than inbound links.
    It all comes down to what relevant content and references your site provides.
    Backlinks get you traffic from other sites but have little bearing on page rank.
    Excessive low quality backlinks can have a negative impact on SERP.
    On the other hand, one good backlink can blow up a server.
    Create quality content that attracts quality backlinks.
  19. Brian Hammer

Brian Hammer New Member

Just2EZ, if you search the net for SEOs you will find the article submission and building links are the most ideal way to get the higher PR. But what you have said is partially contrary. I am not saying you are wrong, but it does not look right as well.
  20. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

:confused: Well it depends on the question, which was how many links it takes to get on page one.
    If you do a search (for any keyword) you will see many on page 1 that have zero or few backlinks.
    What you won't see is websites that have hundreds of backlinks to them but no valuable content.

That's not to say links are worthless or the SEO "experts" are wrong about their value.
    Backlinks generate traffic on their own but are not the holy grail to get page one SERP.
    You can build a business using only backlinks with no search engine traffic needed.
    Getting to the top of search results requires valuable content, or paid listings.
    The best part is anyone can do it for free by providing what searchers want.
    Backlinks are great but not the way to the top of search results.

Article submission is providing content, with the added bonus of a backlink from a higher PR site.
    You can't get that backlink without providing quality content for them to use on their own site.
    In effect you are giving them your unique content in exchange for their potential viewers.
    And you are giving your keyword SERP to the article site, not your own website.
    Keep the content on your own website and build your own SERP.

Yes, I'm contrary.