The truth about Paid Surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by onedumbaussie, Jan 7, 2011.

1. AusPaidSurveys

AusPaidSurveys New Member

Hey guys, The only way to earn real money with Paid surveys is to attend market research focus groups.

Online Paid Surveys are real but you are going to have to spend a long while first finding legitimate sites and once you do you only get paid small amount for each survey.

If I was you I would add your name to a few market research firms and spend your time attending focus groups as they pay cash in hand. I usually go to a few focus groups per week and earn on average $80.

I understand its hard to attend focus groups if you work full time and have a family but I suggest signing up to a bunch of market research firms in your capital city and attending when ever you can.

I have been involved with the Paid Survey industry for many years and have only every made small amounts from online surveys. The big money is in focus groups.

Happy to help out and answer any questions you guys might have.

Jimmy

2. jberri12

jberri12 New Member

Yes there are many survey panels that pay cash. How much depends on the panel and how many surveys you can complete. The latter has to do with the demographic you fit into and how you complete the surveys (i.e. not getting yourself disqualified). I personally make over $100 per month doing them.

As for suggestions, the following are my top 5, all of which accept international members:

Opinion Outpost
    Global Test Market
    Survey Head
    Toluna
    Survey Savvy

3. karls1973

karls1973 Member

Filling out surveys is not making me rich, but still puts some extra money in my pocket. Normal surveys pay me between $1 and $5 which take 5 to 20 minutes to complete.

I found that getting lots of surveys really depends on how old you are, where you live, your employment status, your family, etc.

The perfect profile is someone who is between 28 and 45 years old, married, has children living at home, has a steady job with a combined household income of around 100,000.00 dollars/year, lives close to a big city and owns a house and a car.

4. karls1973

karls1973 Member

Filling out surveys is not making me rich, but still puts some extra money in my pocket. Normal surveys pay me between $1 and $5 which take 5 to 20 minutes to complete.

I found that getting lots of surveys really depends on how old you are, where you live, your employment status, your family, etc.

The perfect profile is someone who is between 28 and 45 years old, married, has children living at home, has a steady job with a combined household income of around 100,000.00 dollars/year, lives close to a big city and owns a house and a car.

5. John Jansen

John Jansen New Member

Be very aware of these scam sites. They look so professional, you'll be fooled into thinking they are legit. I agree with paidsurveys, avoid sites asking for a fee before you get the job. A real job won't ask you to pay them for work. Sheesh.

6. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

John Jansen: avoid sites asking for a fee before you get the job. A real job won't ask you to pay them for work.
    Absolutely! Legit jobs are always free to apply for! Legit opportunities are always free to start! And legit survey sites are always free to join!

happygal likes this.
  7. There are a lot more than 15 sites that actually PAY.

8. Brian Hammer

Brian Hammer New Member

I have tried many of them and found almost all to be a scam. Most of them ask for money before-hand. I do not trust on any survey company. Though I am very much interested, if any of you find, please let me know.
    Thanks!

9. Panterbx

Panterbx New Member

All ya have to make sure is there should be no reason why you should pay for paid survey. and if you do just make that it has and is on the BBB (Better Business Bureau )

10. jamess

jamess Member

This is very important that when you get associate with such type of company then do enough research about this will escape you from lots of trouble.

11. mlynn

mlynn Member

I know this reply is probably late....CashCrate is NOT a real paid survey site - it's a Paid Offer site. However, they do have those low paying "daily surveys" but you have to go to their website log into your account and take the surveys from there.

12. UniqueB

UniqueB New Member

Surveys lead me on for a long time. lol I put alot of my time for them just to keep sending me spam to my email

MarieA73 likes this.
  13. plugandplay

plugandplay New Member

Many times you get disqualified or "screened out" of a survey after completing 20-30% ,sometimes it may even seem like more of it and with the 20+ or so survey groups I’ve worked over (tested) this past year, I’ve only continued with a handful of them they pay you via Pay Pal or Amazon gifts (and only these are worth it to me), and they seem to screent me out of the surveys less often than the others.

I’ve also learned that the faster you respond when they email you to notify you and you complete them, the more rewarding ones you start getting, and if you do the lower paying ones (I used to just ignore these until I figured this out), they sometimes lead to special surveys, panels and diaries, which pay a lot better. I’ve also been sent special survey things and invited to be part of other survey groups.

14. MarieA73

MarieA73 Member

That's a great point UniqueB. I'd glad pay twice what I earned on some of these surveys to get rid of the B.S. spam emails that often accompany them.

15. Papuc Marius

Papuc Marius New Member

Good opinion man

16. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

When I started doing paid surveys a while back, I belonged to at least 25 different companies. A lot of them have merged, so there's a less of them around now. But, I'm sure new ones pop up from time to time. I still belong to a few, and I'll take survey if it's worth my time.

payment proof likes this.
  17. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

There are less survey companies than there used to be, but there are still quite a lot of good ones. I think the remaining survey sites are much higher quality overall than they were even a few years ago. It continues to be a great way to make free money. :)

bluetexas likes this.
  18. bluetexas

bluetexas Member

Survey Spot used to be one of my favorites, but they've really gone down hill recently, offering as little as 30 cents for a 20 minute survey. o_O But yes, overall there's still some good ones out there. :)

19. Panos

Panos New Member

Don't expect to make good money with paid surveys if you are not USA or Canadian citizen.

20. bhagabati

bhagabati New Member

Paid surveys are not quick rich scheme but still one can make a couple of hundred dollars.It is important to choose the reputed paid surveys companies.Also you have to stay away from scam companies.Some people ask money in order to deliver list of paid surveys company.Stay away from those people because these are available free.