The truth about Paid Surveys

Discussion in 'Paid Surveys' started by onedumbaussie, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Kami A.

Kami A. New Member

I do a few surveys on MTurk from time to time. I look for the ones from educational facilities or students who are conducting research for their thesis or some study. Some pay well. I got a $4 one the other day that took about 15 minutes to complete, then I've had $1 that said they were 10 minutes and took much longer. I just do these for extra cash, not even as part of my regular income, and I make about $50-100 a month at night while I'm watching t.v.

payment proof likes this.
  2. crawfordssweeps

crawfordssweeps New Member

I only use 1 site myself. I got lucky and found a trustworthy place my first try. I would avoid any place that is charging you money! The whole point is for the companies to pay you for your opinions! I would also recommend finding a site that has a decent referral program.

3. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I did the survey thing once and about lost all my hair. I musta done something wrong! lol I thought I read all the fine print on the 'offers' that were required to be done, to get them all cancelled but oh my holy hannah. Some of them wouldn't LET me cancel till I paid for a months' worth of stuff I didn't want - and others made it almost impossible to get it done. I ended up in the hole on that one.

So... about a year later my hubby says HE is gonna try it. They make it sound SO good in all the ads, you know... and he is a meticulous record keeper, so he wrote everything down and even got a separate credit card JUST for the surveys. I told him that it's HIS baby. I learned my lesson earlier. haha... he about had ulcers till he went through his several months worth of worry and cancelling stuff... and decided it's just not worth it.

I guess we are just not as smart as you'all!

4. Nigel Morgan

Nigel Morgan New Member

Nice post, I'm glad that you are making a fair income with paid surveys. A lot of people are doing paid surveys the wrong. They just sign up for a bunch of sites and hope that they will magically earn money. However, you need to have a system in place that you can follow.

5. Nigel Morgan

Nigel Morgan New Member

I must agree with you totally, when you said that real paid survey sites are hard to find. I also remember back in the day when survey sites like Harris Poll and Lighting Speed used to pay $5-$20 per surveys, but those days are long gone. But you still can make lots of money doing surveys.

First you need to search thru the rubble if you want to find the diamond. To do this you have to sign up for a list of sites and try them for yourself. See which ones that are working for you and the ones that are not. Don't just rely on taking surveys, see what else these sites offer. For example, a lot of survey sites pay you for trial offers; it may be a new health supplement that want you to try or a book club they want you to join. Take the 7 day or 30 day trial and earn some money. I realize that it can be a pain to cancel. But remember, when it comes to making money there is rarely any easy way. You have to think outside of the box and consider some non-traditional methods.

Another way to make money with survey sites is thru referrals. A lot of these survey sites are looking for people to join there sites and are willing to pay you to refer people to their survey sites. Find these sites and refer them to others and get paid.

Finally, do not be lazy, you have to be consistent. Make sure you visit a list of legitimate survey sites each day and take surveys. For instance, Say you have 10 survey sites that you can go to every day and spend 30 mins. Each of these sites yielding you $3-5 on an average each per day. If you do that for 30 days you would have earned $900-$1500 just taking surveys. Now say you do 2 trail offers each daily earning around $10 each. Again you do this for 30 days. Now you add another $600 to your earnings and you are up to $2100 for the month. Now say you refer 2 people to each site and you get a $3 referral fee. Now you add another another $1800 to your earnings. That is the amazement of paid surveys. It really does work, but we have to put a strategy in place and see it as a viable business.

6. ShirleyM

ShirleyM New Member

You should never pay for a list of survey companies or pay for a membership. There are plenty of legit market research companies that will pay their members without charging them any fees. Don't expect to earn substantial amounts of money this way, either. At best you will make pocket change or enough to pay some small bills monthly.

7. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

It may sound too good to be true, but everyday, millions of people around the world get paid to give their opinions on various products. People get paid money, prizes and products by market research companies.

8. Pauldadathome

Pauldadathome New Member

I have never paid for the opportunity to earn money online. I make between $100 and $200 a month from the free survey sites. Almost all goes right into my PayPal account with the exception of SurveySavvy (paper check) and VIP Voice (song downloads).

9. payment proof

payment proof Well-Known Member

The free money making niche is a great way to make money. I've been at it for several years myself.

Pauldadathome likes this.
  10. Raihan23

Raihan23 New Member

Thanks for sharing this.But i think not all survey programs that require a fee are scams.I have used paid survey sites and have made some cash from them.I think no legitimate market research survey charge you a fee.

11. Popche

Popche Member

Paid Surveys work, you must know the right sites, information and also you have to come from a good country, Tier 1 and have good interests.