--Things To Know About Creating A Website For Income--

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by ksc492, May 1, 2010.

1. ksc492 New Member

Creating a website is just one of thousands of ways to make money online. I chose to try to create a website about a month ago and it has helped me financially quite a bit [IMG]. I want to pass some knowledge on to anyone interested in creating a website but also making money from that website.

As most of us know, there is no such thing as a magic button to make money on the internet. Instead, just like any "business" you must be willing to put in a little work. I promise you though, after some work and and knowledge gathering you would be highly surprised the amount of money that is to me made. Enough about that, lets just into some of the nuts and bolts. Please keep in mind I am going to simply go through the basics of what you need to have a website.

What do I need to create a website?
    -Domain Name
    -Autoresponder
    -Copy (or content within)

The Basics.
    -A Domain Name is simply what you type in the address bar to access a certain site. For instance Google's Domain Name is www.google.com.
    -An Autoresponder is what simply reponds to be who sign up to your website. An Autoresponder saves you as the website owner from having to send out individually written emails.
    -The last one is one of the most important key elements. The Copy, which is what is contained in your website.

Common Mistakes With Domain Names.
    -Keep em' short
    -keep em' understandable (AKA easily said)
    -Keep em' spelled correctly
    -Don't try to be "cute" (As in don't put sk8shopproducts, instead put skateshopproducts)

What About The Copy?
    I couldn't put this any better than Internet Guru and my instructor put it. When it comes to copy:
    -Tell em' what you've got
    -Tell em' what it can do for them
    -Tell em' what to do now

Simply put, keep it simple. Site visitors do not appreciate a bunch of words (this has been proven to drive away traffic). Also, don't keep it too sparsley worded. All of this will be learned with experience. Please keep in mind, there is much more to website than just this...I just wanted to touch on a few of the basics. I hoped this helped, I will be posting more specific, in depth posts with time.

Kindest Regards,
  2. wealthbuilders New Member

Good advice about simplicity. When there is to much going on it just makes you want to leave. Your visitors need to know what the site is about fairly quickly. If this is not achieved at first glance most will leave.
  3. Flipper New Member

I also have built websites sucessfully and what ksc492 is correct i would also like to mention that if you have a product that a customer feally likes and wants.

You want them to be able to buy and get it within 3 clicks, so one click your website two click the product three click how to pay.

If a customer is going round in a circle on your website and can't buy the product easily they will simply click off and buy elseware.

Just a bit more on how keeping websites simple makes sense.
  4. A8ch Gold Member

Excellent and very useful advice!

Here are a few more elements that play an important role in website creation:

Color: The color combination you select should be appealing, complimentary and pleasing to the eye.

Layout: The design can be traditional or creative but should be attractive.

Navigation: The links menu(s) should be clearly labled and easily accessible.

Content: The content should be presented in bite-sized chunks with lots of titles and sub-titles to assist the viewer.

Forms: It's important to get the viewer to interact with your site. You can do this by adding a subscription or newsletter form to the site. Anything that involves the visitor helps to establish a framework for developing a relationship.

Give Away Something: Offer a free report of software application in exchange for a name and email address. It's a great way to build rapport (and develop a list).

Hermas
  5. talfighel Silver Member

6. jbpatlanta New Member

Great simple list. Problem is that too many people who read it will not act on it.

This is a good list to get some one started. Just need to remember this is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more you can do.
  7. lejla New Member

You all gave some good advice. However, it is rather hard to get going because there are so many system out there (and we get them each and every day in our mailbox) that confuse the heck out of someone who just starts out.

Can you recommend some simple system to follow that will not cost arms and legs?
  8. kenwrites New Member

Lejla,

You will get different answers from each person that responds. But, with a small amount of research you can find simple systems that do not cost an arm and a leg. These systems can also be adapted as you grow your business.

Check out the sigs of posters here and do a little digging around on the Internet. Ignore the flashy pages and the hype of thousands overnight. Many, including myself, still use simple systems to build our businesses everyday.
  9. jbpatlanta New Member

If you want a simple system to follow to make money, you first have to understand that there are many systems out there and most of them work to some degree.

A lot of this depends on you. What do you like to do? What are you willing to do in order to make money?

Think about what you like to do and are willing to do. Hunt around and find a system that matches that.

Once you find a system, research it online and in forums like this. That will tell you if if is a good system or a scam.

JBP