Thinking About Applying

Discussion in 'West at Home' started by RobLAL, Jun 21, 2009.

1. RobLAL

RobLAL New Member

I'm thinking about applying with WAH. I was wondering how long the application takes to be reviewed and to be contacted by them. How long did it take from applying to training to working?

I ask because I have a trip coming up with my partner and want to plan around that. I would like to go ahead and start working, if possible, but wonder if I should wait until I get back.
  2. energy4142

energy4142 New Member

It can take a while for West to contact you. It really depends on the clients needs. Some have taken 3 to 4 months to hear back and some have heard in a matter of weeks.
  3. CharHypes

CharHypes New Member

I was wondering the same thing. I understand that it takes months but I'm just applying to be an AGENT, how long does that process take after you completed your Certificate (Call Taking Certification that is). I finished that last week, I applied to be an agent 1/9/2009 and got an email 6/11/2009 to take the "Call Taking" training, I did that and passed. Now what? When I went to check on status this is what it reads "Our records indicate that you have completed all necessary paperwork. The next action will be for HR to complete the hire process in our systems." Am I getting closer?
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You might as well go for it if you don't have anything better to do with your time. You might spend an hour or two in the application process, but if they hire you and it works for you, it will probably be worth your time.
  5. CharHypes

CharHypes New Member

Application Status History
    Mrs CHAR HYPES
    Job Requisitions

Job Req #:
    Application Date: PositionTitle:
    01/09/2009 WAH MI
    According to our records you are in a Hired status. You will receive a West at Home 'Welcome' email within one business day of your hire. One note: If you have not already done so, please be sure to submit any pending I9 documentation as soon as possible.

I just got an email telling me my welcome email will arrive in a few day...then I went on WAH and checked my status and that (pasted above) is what it say. Now what? What is my next step?
  6. CharHypes

CharHypes New Member

Well, I got hired today...started training already in skill DR...so excited...need to practice reading exact what is written....so excited!
  7. newbee

newbee New Member

I filled out application at west should I go to wah?
  8. Supersilverstar

Supersilverstar New Member

I filled out an app at West at Home several months ago. The whole deal seems not quite right to me. I have inquired several times and I keep getting emails that thank me for applying, and telling me they have no positions available at this time, but will contact me when they do. I also keep getting emails asking to only reply if I am NOT interested in keeping my app w/them.
  9. dvlprod433

dvlprod433 New Member

I applied today wish me luck.