Time to lighten it up

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by JohnC, Mar 13, 2015.

1. JohnC

JohnC New Member

Hi guys,

How about a story thread. Tell us your best stories from MLM glory days.

Did the prospect have an annoying pet?

Were you stood up?

How about some of you first time stories?

Let them rip!

2. Dereco Cherry

Dereco Cherry Member

Ok I will go first. A few years ago I was with a MLM company and they were having a big company event in my city. I knew nothing about attraction marketing or how to market in general. I had also just signed up for another mlm company thinking I was going to work that business too, bad mistake doing that but anyway during my Mlm company event I went and put flyers about the other company I had just joined out on everyone's cars in the parking lot!!

A few days later my account with them was closed down, they had found out I was the one who put out all of those flyers. People were pissed off lol. I ended up getting my account reinstated after a few weeks but it was pretty embarrassing now that I look back on it. I'm never doing that again and have since learned a better way to market.

Sam Britton and JohnC like this.
  3. Sam Britton

Sam Britton New Member

All of the above!! Its interesting how people react to this business at first. It can be a big problem for new starters testing the water and the 1st 90 days will make or break them.

Probably the most memorable reaction for me was when I arranged to call a prospect back after a very positive conversation, she then told me that she had to go to the toilet and hung up. Of course I never managed to get back in contact again. Maybe she is still in there! lol

You just have to laugh and move on.