Time to take charge of your future

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by successful2008, May 16, 2008.

1. successful2008 New Member

I'm posting this today because I care. I care about where you're going in life. You know, my dad used to say "if it wasen't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all". Well, I do not live by those words, because if I did, I would not be where I'm at today. It's a big thing to take control of your financial future. With the rising market from food to gas, people are having such a hard time making it. More people are forced out of their homes. What ever happened to the American dream? Has it faded? No, it's still here for your taking if you want it. So many people are making so much money from the internet today than ever before. You have a bigger chance at becoming a millionaire on the internet than you do winning the lottery! If you don't change what you're currently doing financially for the better, it will never change for the better. Do you want to be in a financial rut forever, or do you want that "American Dream"? I'm living that "American Dream" and I am so glad that I changed. Take a few moments and really think about what you want out of life, then go after it. Don't sit back and watch everyone else jump on the money wagon.

To your continued success,
    Michelle
    [Link removed - Admin]
    [email protected]
  2. gchildren New Member

Thanks for your encouragement.

Adversity is a part of life. Obstacles are a part of life. Challenges are a part of life. How we choose to act and react to these situations creates who and what we are. If we want to change, these circumstances will confront us.

Working from home gives us the opportunity to do something that can change our lives but it does come with the requirements:

1) Effort
    2) Perseverance
    3) Change
    4) Faith

Thanks again for your insights.

John
  3. successful2008 New Member

Thank you John for the reply. I do think that people need to have the words of encouragement to move forward no matter what they're doing.

To your continued success,
    Michelle
  4. rbwhiting New Member

Yes I agree, encouragement does help a lot because I was once struggling to make ends meet for 6 years, working 2 jobs and still getting nowhere, until 3 months ago someone pointed out to me that I would always be down and struggling unless I change what I'm doing, and if I never stepped outside that box, I would still be working at the day care getting paid $5.15/hr or worst. I think that place closed down.
  5. A8ch Gold Member

Very encouraging words Michelle, and a mouthful of truth too. Just about everything one desires out of life is available for the asking.

But as John points out, the pursuit is seldom without adversity, obstacles and challenges. That's actually part of the package. Sadly, most people are reluctant to weather the storm until they achieve their goals, so they give up prematurely.

While encouragement is a good thing, it also helps to have the right mindset from the outset. This calls for a complete rewiring of your belief system to accept that you are indeed worthy of your goals and are capable of bringing them to reality. And that requires commitment, effort and persistence.

Each of us wants to enjoy the "good life" but not everyone is willing to pay the full price. Encouragement is only one part of the equation. It's like taking a horse to the water... you can't make him drink. But you can certainly make him thirsty, and that's where mindset comes into play.

Hermas
  6. Freedom New Member

Its great to have so much support here. Its a lot easier to succeed when you have such a team pushing you along.