tips to save a lot of time and be faster

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by worko, Nov 21, 2011.

1. worko

worko New Member

We all know how much time is important and how valuable is.
    Most of us nowdays feel overwhelmed and feel like we have a lack of time.
    Doesn't matter if you are a business owner or if you are an employee, we all have 24 hours so it's very important to be very fast in what we do.
    Do you guys have any tips on how saving time ? it doesn't have to be necessary a tip related to work, you can add tips related to normal life as well in fact saving time from normal life give you more time for you work.
    I start :
    it may sound stupid but i bought a moped, it help me saving so much time, if i need to go in a place by car it take me 40 minutes, by moped just 15.i also save time because can park easely.
  2. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

Time Management App anyone lol? [​IMG]
  3. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

This is a good topic worko. I use a calendar for both personal and business. I also carry with me a notepad. It takes time trying to remember things when you can write them down and have something to refer to. A calendar can help you backtrack further back than a notepad and plan ahead things that can be prioritized throughout the week or month.
  4. NetWizard862

NetWizard862 New Member

Yep. Got a tip. Pay attention to what you are working on. It's not that much about how intense and hard you work or if you devote long hours, but is what you are working on gonna bring you the benifits you are after (that is, satisfaction and happiness). cheers
  5. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I keep a to do list and set goals. This helps keep me better organized.

On days I'm not feeling totally motivated, I'll set a goal like:

"Get this much done in the next few hours"

I try to make it a little game and make it a challenge. This helps keep me working and in the end, saves me time.
  6. Azmos

Azmos New Member

No Procrastination means No Delay
  7. chadarcy

chadarcy Member

I personally find myself going in too many directions at one time. What I mean is when trying to market online I start too many marketing strategies but don't focus on one to see it through. The downside of this is it ends up making me feel overwhelmed and not accomplishing anything. So to save some time I would recommend making a to do list and do one at a time and work your way down that list. I just need to take my own advice! LOL

Chad
  8. Azmos

Azmos New Member

It's better to hang a small white board on the wall near your computer/laptop. If you write on papers, they may get lost.
  9. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Writing a To-Do list is a handy way to save time. A list helps me to stay focused and track my progress.
    I like to start with the most important items. Plus the feeling of satisfaction that follows a completed task is a great reward.

But none of that matters if you lack the discipline to set it up and follow through. Effective time management is directly related to your ability to manage yourself.

Hermas
  10. happywife

happywife Gold Member

I have a couple of peg boards in my office that I use to keep track of my "to dos" but I also tend to have bits and pieces of paper that I write notes to myself on all the time - not the best practice because I do tend to find them under piles eventually. ;) Hermas is so right about the discipline. If I don't discipline myself to actually DO the things on my list, the lists themselves are useless.

Blessings,
    Angie
  11. Azmos

Azmos New Member

We can only discipline ourselves if we really like what we do. Don't do something that we have to. I suppose.
  12. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

While I agree that it takes less effort to form a habit doing something you love, the true measure of your discipline is demonstrated when you have to do something you'd rather not do. Kinda like having to eat broccoli when you can't stand the taste, simply because... "It's good for you!"

Hermas
    Turkaria likes this.
  13. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Very true Hermas! Most of the things we need to discipline in our lives are the things that we dislike doing, exercise and dieting for example.
  14. KB24

KB24 Member

I outsource most of my writing. I write when I can but I outsource so I can concentrate on other aspects of marketing like getting traffic..
  15. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Hermas Took the words right out of my mouth, a "to do list" is the most effective way that you can at lease tell how you going to spend your day. We all have 24hrs in a day! Why are some of us in a better position than other? Look at what you are doing with your time. Is it self pleasure or is it serving others? Make sure you spent most of your day serving others.
  16. sumanrox

sumanrox New Member

Wow this thread is just amazing. Thanks a lot for the lots of tips. Actually i also want to save some time for relax.
  17. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

For me, if I am able to do more than one thing at a time, I'll definitely do it. I also like to set personal goals (i.e. what I need to do, and when I need to get it done). Calendars and to-do lists are very helpful as well.
  18. whitney black

whitney black Member

A great way to save time is to consolidate multiple online tasks into one task, so you get it done easier and quicker.