To stay productive

Discussion in 'Productivity and Motivation' started by payment proof, Apr 8, 2009.

1. payment proof Member

To stay productive, I stick to a routine and set goals for myself every day. How do you stay productive?
  2. gridellas New Member

A routine is very important when you have your own business at home. I also view my business like a job. Meaning that I get up at a certain time every day and start my day, take breaks, take lunch, and call it quits at a decent hour. I try to call it quits at a decent hour but it is hard to find a stopping point. [IMG]
  3. garygoh New Member

gridellas: I try to call it quits at a decent hour but it is hard to find a stopping point.
    I fully agree with you, gridellas. Working at home makes the line blur. If you are doing something that you really enjoy, it's tough for you to just stop like that! [IMG]

For me, having a daily routine is important in order to stay focus on my business. Equally important is to set daily goal in order to accomplish your long term target.
  4. johnjimat New Member

i read story about IM millionare to make my spirit always on, and to be focus on my goal...
  5. moneymagnet23 New Member

Great points guys, yes routine is important, planning in advance so that you don't feel stressed. Block time...

I also do encantations, breating and positive thinking.
  6. jkmark New Member

yes, you do need a routine and to stay focus. Treat it like a job. But the big difference: "It's your Dream Job" what more I can say[IMG]
  7. wealthcreation New Member

To stay productive means you work your business every single day until...

Time and time again I see home business owners who fall short on themselves by not THINKING like an entrepreneur.

You need to:

*** Stick to your daily schedule.
    *** Start with the hardest tasks first and work toward the easiest.
    *** Keep motivated by association with fellow entrepreneurs and POSITIVE minded people.
    *** Not be afraid of failure, because only through failing will you eventually reach success!
    *** Be true to yourself.
    *** Not give up on your dreams.
    *** Aim to be the best you can each day.

Business success is very much possible if you stick with your schedule and plan for it long term. In the least you want to use three forms of lead generation for a full 90 days. Even though this might sound old-fashioned mlm it certainly isn't because it is working for me and my friends.

The more you think, breathe and live your business, the sooner you will see results.

Be wealthy. [IMG]
    Monika
  8. Jon Squirrel New Member

Too often I get sucked in to my work at home! There's always something that could be tweaked or improved etc...

I agree that establishing a routine is very important - it does make you more efficient and it makes you more fun too!

Working at home basically means being on my own for periods of time. One thing I've really noticed is that when I go out to meet friends, I always come back home with a huge buzz.

Getting away from it all and having a good time with other people and talking about everything else but work makes a huge difference.

AND I have some of my best ideas for the home business when I'm relaxed and sitting on the train home or even as a tangent to a random conversation with a buddy.

So in summary, to stay productive just walk away and catch up with your friends!

Sounds hard, doesn't it?!

Good luck with the productivity!

JSq
  9. annettejones New Member

Best way to stay productive is to stay organized and always remember your goals. Remember why you are working and what you want to acheive in life and you will make sure you work hard enough to acheive those goals
  10. bhurst New Member

Maybe it's just me but I stay productive because I really love working on an online business. I love the new challenges each day. This keeps me looking forward to the next day and the next challenge. This might sound strange to some but that's what makes me productive.
  11. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi payment proof,

Great tips in this thread.

I have a passion for technology and making money online. It's a hobby and a job.

I also value the chance to make money from my home and to be my own boss. I hate the corporate environment or anything that feels institutional. I'm knowledgeable, skilled, and experienced at the trade so it's a pleasurable activity for me.

Good daily planning and quality focus are helping factors.

Task variety is a helping factor.

I make sure I take several breaks to watch TV, run errands, do chores, exercise, and socialize lightly.

By the end of the day I've completed a ton of biz related work, taken care of things on the home front, had some human contact, and gotten my exercise.

Learn to strike the balance.

Productivity can be fun and fulfilling :)

~Newbie Shield~
  12. westfam11 Member

One thing that helps me stay productive is
    having a good to do list. There are so many
    things to do, especially with on-line marketing
    that I can get totally unfocused and spend
    time doing the busy, "unproductive" type of
    things instead of the productive (activities that
    can make me money online).

By having a list and seeing what is crossed off
    at the end of the day I can immediately tell if I have
    had a productive day or not.

Becky
  13. ScottCofer New Member

To stay productive, not just busy, I make a list each night of the 5 most important things that need to get done the following to advance my business (i.e. grow my contact list, make sales, grow my organization, drive traffic to my site).

Then I have another list of things I'll get to if time allows.

The trick is to not let list #2 items seep into list #1, since list #1 contains the 'must do' items for the day.
  14. jay284 New Member

I have my "dream board" as my desktop background.

I took a bunch of pictures from various places on the Internet of the things that I really want (dream cars, dream houses, dream vacation spots, etc...)- and I put them in a collage and set that image as my desktop background.

Whenever there is a lack of productivity, I glance at a few of the things that I could have if I worked just a little bit harder- before I know it, I'm being productive again.
  15. timhale New Member

Yes!

A daily routine has definitely helped me become more productive.

Each day I have a game plan, specific goals, and guidelines that I follow. Nothing goes 100% as planned every single day, but most days I accomplish what I've set out to...

~Tim
  16. volybal3 New Member

Someone in this post called them "dream boards" I have
    a different name for them. I call them "vision boards".
    All I do is place images of writing about what I want to
    accomplish and place them on the board so I can see them
    every day and when I do, I am immediately reminded
    of what I am trying to accomplish.

Another thing I have found that works great is a daily planner.
    It helps you stay on track of everything you must do. I kind of
    just like crossing things out when I'm done.
  17. IMoneyReview New Member

I have found that I work better at certain times of the day. It changes for me daily. Sometimes i do my household chores first then work and vice versa.
  18. A8ch Gold Member

I start each day with a vision/list of what I would like to achieve that day. Sometimes
    the list is more ambitious than realistic. But on those occasions I'll have a core group
    of tasks to focus on and complete.

Unless there are pressing deadlines or urgent matters to be addressed, I don't adhere
    to any particular sequence or timetable. I like the flexibility to work on the business,
    run errands or spend time with family. So long as I complete what needs to be done.

Isn't that why most of us do what we do anyway! [IMG]

Hermas
  19. jonandpaige New Member

DISCIPLINE! I have a hard time sometimes working from home as a mom. I would sometimes rather be doing other things than working, but I have to pay the bills. It's easy to get distracted into taking care of the house. And of course my sole reason for working from home is being here with the boys, so I always put them first. BUT, if I don't work, I don't advance. So I have learned to discipline myself into working a set schedule that works for my family. I have also taught my boys to value time and time management. They know they come first, but they realize the importance of "work" time.
  20. yieldway New Member

Create a home office:

by doing this you are physically and mentally establishing an environment where you can get some real work done. One location where the activity that you carry out is work; you can reach your phone work on the computer find your stationary and supplies nothing will get in the way of your progress faster than rolling out of bed with your laptop to go and find the stapler in the kitchen to staple the files that are printing presently in your dining room [IMG]

Time Management:

decide what time you are going to allot to work and work during those hours. While working at home allows you the freedom to work on your own time to much free reign might have you procrastinating and then struggling to get things done at the last minute. Make your self a schedule that works for you whether it's a 4 day or 4 hour work week and stick to it [IMG]