To Those Who Are Making A Few Hundred A Day

Discussion in 'Profit Lance' started by birdgirl, Mar 10, 2008.

1. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

I was just wondering, to all who are making a substantial amount each day - say a few hundred a day. Are you selling your own product and have affiliates on your team, or are you an affiliate selling others products? I have a target of ??500 a day I'd eventually like to reach but don't know yet whether I am going to have to think about my own product or not. So I would really appreciate knowing how those of you who are already making what I would like to, where that monetizing is coming from.

Much Thanks.
  2. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

I dont have my own product. Just an affiliate [​IMG]
  3. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

Thanks for responding moneyonline. I was beginning to wonder whether I needed to try something more. Can I ask you too please, how long did it take you to get to that monetary level? I've been at this off and on for the past nine months, can't honestly say I've done it fulltime for six months, but I am planning on putting a lot more into it, now that I've the time.
  4. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

I meant makemoneyonline - excuse me!
  5. opendomain

opendomain New Member

The biggest and best thing you can do is get a mentor or someone who you can turn to for help. This forum is a great place to start if you are serious. Some people start off strong then stop, or start then stop then start then stop. It's hard to build momentum that way. I would suggest finding something you like doing and then sticking to it till you get it to work. MOST programs/ideas/marketing strategies work, once they are applied correctly.

It's the learning curve that is hard to determine. SOme people can get things to work for them in a week others in a few months. i know it took me about 4-5 months before I could honestly say I was "succesful" Some people do it in a shorter amount of time.

I personally make money from GDI and Hits4pay type programs. They were slow to start but because they are residual and grow exponentially every month I make more and more and more.

"Marketing is about who makes it not who makes it the fastest"
  6. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

Thanks opendomain. Yes a mentor would be good, but that person has not appeared yet. BTW what is GDI?

Best.
  7. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Mentors can be a tricky thing. Finding the right person can be hard. I've mentored a few people, or rather shown them how to get started and then they typically go from there and end up coming back to teach me something new. If you're looking for a mentor just remember 1 thing. A mentor teaches how to do things and answer questions, a mentor does not do work for you. Believe it or not I often get people who get upset because I wont right an ad for them or design a website for them. I'm a firm believer in working for what you have and so long as you go into ANY mentorship with anyone in regards to anything with a student mentality you'll benefit from it. I would be more than happy to help you find a mentor and I know this site in particular is very open to helping people. I've learned TONS just by talking to the people here. (very unique website in that regards)

Well going beyond the typical "check out the site in my sig" response.
    GDI is basically a very low cost business opportunity online. You offer a webhosting and unique domain names. Lets say you have a business, bikes N Stuff. And you'd like a domain name, bikesnstuff.com...BUT someone already has that. Well you have several options. You can change the name, or use .biz, .info, .etc, etc, etc. Well GDI offer's you the .ws extension.

In addition to offering the .ws extension GDI offer's a great opportunity to make money. Every month you receive $1 for every website you've referred to GDI. You also receive $1 for every website they refer down 5 lvls. $1 might not seem like much, but trust me it adds up very quickly.

SO that is the basic idea of GDI. I definitely am in it for the business opportunity aspect and less for the .ws selling, and I promote it as such. I've found that for $10 a month (33 cents a day) I can grow a business over time and not have it break my bank account.

If you want more info definitely look at the opendomain website. I have a strong team already in place, but am definitely always looking for more.

Thanks and good luck,
    Gil
  8. advoc821

advoc821 New Member

Quoting: birdgirlThanks for responding moneyonline. I was beginning to wonder whether I needed to try something more. Can I ask you too please, how long did it take you to get to that monetary level? I've been at this off and on for the past nine months, can't honestly say I've done it fulltime for six months, but I am planning on putting a lot more into it, now that I've the time.

birdgirl,

I was a complete newbie 7 months ago. I worked on this everyday and after 5 months I now have stable earnings.

I hope you'll hold on to your word, that you will put more effort into it this time.

To your success! [​IMG]
  9. jkenterprises

jkenterprises New Member

Hi Advoc821,

Can you tell me what worked for you to allow you have stable earnings?

Thanks,
    Jason
  10. Bigrich

Bigrich New Member

If you apply yourself and really make it a biz/job or whatever you are doing, you can succeed. Just like in any other.
    I have been self employed for 28 years but do to an injury I have had to learn to do something else. And always running things my own way I am needless to say a little hard headed in that aspect.
    So I am still learning this internet thing but have found a couple things that produce for me. I am hoping to continue to increase my income, but I have surpassed my former brick and mortar income and in only year.

There is alot of great info on this site as well as a few others.
    Alot of people have alot more expereince than I do so listen and learn form them..

I know you will succeed...
  11. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

I'd say it took me about 6 months of hard work to start seeing that kind of result.
  12. advoc821

advoc821 New Member

Quoting: jkenterprisesHi Advoc821,

Can you tell me what worked for you to allow you have stable earnings?

Thanks,
    Jason

Hi Jason,

Google adsense and affiliate marketing. There's a bit of learning curve but once you "finally" get it and APPLY it, the money will start coming in.
  13. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Birdgirl,

I invented my own product from scratch. That's been performing well for over 10 years on the net. I also have several other sites. Some are free pages. Some are self-hosted. It takes years to build an empire [​IMG]

It takes a lot of study, testing, tweaking, and maintaining.

Education first and continuously.

I make a monthly income from several streams. Some are large streams and some are small. All of them are growing steadily. I like to diversify a bit. It's profitable, more stable, fun, and educational. Still, I specialize very deeply in a very small handful of topics.

Think long term and never give up. Eventually you will make it provided you have or develop the education, skills, and experience.

Hi Gil and Make [​IMG] I hope that HappyWife and Hemjoe weigh in as well.

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~
  14. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all your feedback. I've been looking at my hops, and discovered my conversion rate is 4.25% for number of hops. So, for the last 47 hops I had, I made two sales. The trick for me is getting more hops (I think) which ultimately means getting more traffic.

opendomain, you had kindly offered to help me find a mentor, and I would very much like to take you up on your offer. I don't expect anyone to do the work for me. I wan't to know how to catch my own fish, but it would be very good to have someone guide me along the way, to help accelerate the process. Hopefully avoid some mistakes and waste less time, as I try and crack this nut.

with much thanks,
  15. kellnerin

kellnerin New Member

I've recently joined the Profit Lance system only a week ago and I'm feeling very lost right now. Can anyone help me get started? I know my post is way too broad so I'll try to make this more concise. how do I set links in my Blogs so that people get to my landing site?

actually a mentor would probably be my best bet as well. I intend to learn and grow into this but i really do learn better when someone is available to ask questions. i think i'm just missing out on some of the smaller points within the profit lance system.
  16. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Quoting: Newbie ShieldI hope that HappyWife and Hemjoe weigh in as well.
    Don't you dare try to weigh me! I promise I'm on a diet! [​IMG]

Seriously, I didn't comment earlier because I am not yet making a few hundred a day. I'm working toward it, but I'm still aiming for a hundred a day. Don't rush me. [​IMG] I'm the tortoise, but I'll get there in the end, I assure you.

Congrats to those of you who are already there and leaving those figures in the dust. Keep up the good work - as work it is.
  17. 040107

040107 Member

Quoting: happywifeDon't you dare try to weigh me! I promise I'm on a diet!

Hopefully not a chocolate candy diet...[​IMG]
  18. happywife

happywife Gold Member

[​IMG] Why do you think I have to be on a diet?!
  19. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Good humor.

I know you'll get there HappyWife. I have zero doubts about that. I've been reading your posts and checking out your sites and you really know what you are doing.

That is the attitude that is absent from most. Everyone thinks they are willing when they first start out, but very few know what it actually takes. Fewer still are those who carry through.

I put in about 80 hours a week. I've been doing that for a long time. I get a bit burnt out at times. When I sense that coming on, I go out for a movie and a diner or whatever. I take short vacations. I exercise.

It's worth it. Thanx to the net and my own efforts, I am financially independent.

It didn't come over night. It's been about 11 years of hard work - give or take a few months.

HappyWife is right, the tortoise wins the race and there is no other way to go about it. Play for the long term only. Forget the rest. I hope everyone sees this reply.

Best of luck to all. Commit to the max, I can't stress that enough. You'll make it if you do.

[​IMG]

~Newbie Shield~

Edited diner to say dinner (whoopsie!)
  20. birdgirl

birdgirl New Member

I am realising, it is going to take longer, much longer than I originally imagined. That said, I did think it would take at least a few years. I want too Newbie Sheild - to gain a degree of financial independence. I think the days of thinking you can count on a job are gone. Besides, I'm not too good a having a job.