Top 6 Traffic Generating Tactics

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by OmarS.K, Jun 19, 2014.

1. OmarS.K

OmarS.K Member

Who does not like to know how to get more traffic. In fact no matter how many websites you managed or the number of articles you publish online, without website generating traffic means no online incomes or revenues from your business.
    Happily, there are loads of ways in which to get targeted traffic to your web site. Here are some of the foremost effective methods for getting more traffic available today.

1- Ppc Advertising (Pay Per Click).
    When you prefer an affirmed source of instant traffic, it does not get any easier than PPC advertising. PPC is also the most costly traffic source on my list and you'll always have to spend money for it. If you decide on PPC advertising, don't forget to spend time learning how to create keyword lists, find effective long tails and split test your campaigns to decrease wasted ads cost.

2- Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
    If you really wish to discover the most free ways to get more traffic, bury yourself in SEO. Whereas PPC is a short term tactic that can charge your wallet as much as you make if you're not aware of, SEO is a long-term plan that can generate more signs up and sales for you over time. Search engine optimization works basically around getting quality back links from trusted sites using article marketing, link baiting, blogging, commenting on forums, and link swapping.

3- Email Marketing.
    When it comes to learning ways to get more traffic, email marketing is the oldest method of the industry and a crucial resource for any website owner. As online business founder, every website you manage have to have an email opt-in list connected to it. When you gather those email addresses, you can send valuable information along as well as offers and links to your site to visitors who are already excited and interesting to check out.

4- Joint Venture and Email Swap.
    Joint ventures come in many forms, but a well-known strategy is to exchange email lists with an other marketer. If you have 5,000 subscribers and they have 6,000, you could both trade emails to the other's site, gaining an instant exposure to thousands of primed niche-watchers. Joint ventures can also consist of distributing free givaway on another person else's site in exchange for links or guest posting on their site for a link.

5- Affiliate Marketing.
    If you have created your own product or service, the easiest way to get more traffic and make more sales is to set up your affiliate marketing campaigns.And my best advice here to get more traffic through affiliates, offer free articles, newsletters and banners, bonuses for those that sell a lot of products and active 24/7 support for affiliates.

6- Viral and Social Media Marketing.
    Of the many ways how to get more traffic, viral and social media are the most fun, but also the hardest to quantify. If you opt for this route, make sure to use a wide array of tools, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Digg, and more.

As you can see there is no single secret in how to get more traffic. Build yourself up as an expert in your field, research your target audience carefully, and get them to come to your site bit by bit.

recruiter1 and payment proof like this.
  2. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Works really well. You need to work with the top dogs like Google, Yahoo, and Bing.

Waste of time in my view.

You need to work with the right affiliate programs. The problem is that too many people just work with the wrong programs. Long term, you can not rely on ONE TIME commission programs. You need to work with residual type programs and programs that can pay you from other people's efforts too.

3. aldzroyale

aldzroyale New Member

great tips!

4. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

SEO isn't a waste of time IF you know how to do it the right way. People get frustrated because it takes time to achieve results.

SkipTheDrive and payment proof like this.
  5. PeterMFL

PeterMFL Active Member

Totally agree! Some people don't know how to do it properly as well and never get results...
    It's amazing how much traffic you get once you page ranks on the first page of Google... FREE Traffic ;)

6. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

I'd like to say I second that but I have to third it lol. SEO is a lot more challenging since the days of Panda and Penguin. There are other ways to get traffic such as SMM, etc. But SEO still has a place in any Internet Marketing plan.

WorkAtHome_Pam and Robin Bull like this.
  7. Johnny Thomas

Johnny Thomas New Member

I am using a SEO service and I can say that I am right when I engage to such. Also, social media makes it easier for me to offer services with my business. It's just a piece of cake when it all work out right the way you wanted it.

payment proof likes this.
  8. Robin Bull

Robin Bull Member

So does just good basic marketing... :)

9. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

And it can be a ton of work when it doesn't. :)

10. Johnny Thomas

Johnny Thomas New Member

Yeah. But hope for the best. Little by little I'm sure there will be a result to all hard works.

11. SaeedKhan

SaeedKhan New Member

I agree, SEO if you can master it, is passive autopilot traffic and free traffic however its difficult to scale as paid traffic.

WorkAtHome_Pam likes this.
  12. Conor Doherty

Conor Doherty New Member

I don't think SEO is a waste of time either, but it does take A LONG TIME to start working for your business.
    You should have a blog at the hub of your online business, to direct your email subscribers to, so the articles you make should have some SEO element involved so you can also gain free traffic from them.
    What PPC networks are good besides Google, Yahoo and Bing?

13. WorkAtHome_Pam

WorkAtHome_Pam New Member

Completely agree with everyone reiterating that "Seo is NOT a waste of time!"

Does it require patience? Lord yes!

Knowledge? Absolutely!

Money? Nope....and the results (payoff) is continual. The profits can be huge, free, and long lasting.

I will always keep my "day job" and patiently work for and wait for a website to position on page 1 before ever doing PPC.
    "But that's just me!" ;)

robinincarolina likes this.
  14. Scott W

Scott W New Member

I agree 110%! If the basics are done from the start it generally pays off. I have a domain that I registered several years ago that I finally built out and it's already near the top of many searches in Google. I have another one that is #1 out of 12,400,000 and gets me plenty of raw traffic daily. I have a few others that have maintained top 5 and top 10 placements in Google even through all the algorithm changes.

WorkAtHome_Pam likes this.
  15. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Just finished up an interview with a fellow marketer and affiliate of mine. She makes 10,000 to 20,000 a month, most of which comes from being an Amazon Affiliate. She has never used a list, never used paid advertising and does SEO and a bit of social media like Facebook and Pinterest only. There is more than one way to skin a cat. There is no one right way and it also depends on your niche!

WorkAtHome_Pam and Just2EZ like this.
  16. Scott W

Scott W New Member

Very nice. Is this interview published somewhere? I bet many including myself would be interested in hearing her story and how she generates her traffic.

17. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

Yes, it's on my blog. In my signature link there is a link in the menu to my blog. I also have an interview with a woman who has made a small killing selling hula hoops online and next week I am interviewing a guy from Australia who makes $3000 a week mostly on youtube and now his affiliate sites are starting to take off.

I will be doing this often as these are my clients that have stuck with me and not given up!

The sound is a bit off in one video, but it's bearable. ;-)