TradeMark Domains

Discussion in 'Web Design and Hosting' started by auditt05, May 29, 2011.

1. auditt05

auditt05 New Member

I just registered a domain called www.fifa2014.co
    Is this gonna be revoked because EASports has this trademark?
    I was really astonished that they don't own it. I bought it for resale actually [​IMG]
  2. JennyO

JennyO New Member

I'm sure you will be fine as far as trademark goes.
  3. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

I'm not sure about that actually. Sometimes they don't care about the name until you start competing with them in SERPs, then they will try to hit you hard sometimes. I know a guy who had to give up his Amazon money site because of that, so beware haha
  4. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Good question. If you only purchased it for resale purposes, you should be fine. If you planned to use it as a content site, you could end up with some issues.

As Peter said, they probably wouldn't say anything until you started ranking well, but by then you wouldn't want all of your work to go down the drain, so that's a bit risky.

Who knows? Maybe FIFA will end up contacting you for the purchase. Do let us know if that happens. It would be an interesting follow up report!

Blessings,
    Angie
  5. haiden

haiden New Member

If it was available, I do not see how they could. I mean, they are a huge company, right? If they wished to keep the name safe, they should have bought out all the domains. I could be wrong, though.

You could always find out here: http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/index.jsp

Good luck!

Edit* Whoa, old post! Sorry. But hey, perhaps this will be helpful to others!