Traffic Exchanges... Great for products... Bad for mlm promotion

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by coreyjroman, Feb 11, 2006.

1. coreyjroman

coreyjroman Silver Member

I have long believed in traffic exchanges for many years as a means of communicating with the public to promote a website that is sales oriented... But what about using it for promoting MLM opportunities to create or generate depth in a downline? Well... The answer is NO & YES. You see I always try to stress that the only way to promote an MLM opportunity is to develop a trusting relationship with people on a 1 on 1 basis. The ONLY way to produce a downline that produces sales is to do it one at a time and hand pick them, mentor them and always make yourself available to support them in their efforts. On the flip side of the coin... a traffic exchange can help to generate leads and if used properly can generate a miniscule amount of producers. Most of the people that fall into the "miniscule" category are self motivators and go getters. You do not see many of these but they are out there and because a good traffic exchange is free and most are automated they are still worth setting up. You still need to communicate with your prospects on a regular basis. Send them frequent emails with tips on how you have acheived success with the opportunity they now have. Start a mailing list and send out regular newsletters with motivational info within and if you really want to get them going... educate yourself completely in the most interesting and profitable parts of your income opportunity and give them a phone call. Remember communication is the key. I have been guilty the last couple of months of being too busy with my local functions to communicate the way I should. But that is going to change starting now. I wish you the best of luck with your MLM and hope you all have a great day!

-Corey
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

Quoting: coreyjromanThe ONLY way to produce a downline that produces sales is to do it one at a time and hand pick them, mentor them and always make yourself available to support them in their efforts.

Absolutely! But it's become more of numbers game now. That's the reason one experiences more of disappointments than success in MLM nowadays. To really succeed in MLM one must stick to basics.
  3. CuriousGeorge

CuriousGeorge New Member

I personally never had much succes with traffic exchange programs. The traffic you get is not targeted enough.
  4. jimlp

jimlp New Member

I have been using traffic exchanges for 3years now but up until recently i have had great success with generating targeted leads. I thought TE's were a joke my first year, but some sources kept bringing me back to them. It was along battle to learn properly the techniques but well worth it. As result I now operate and offer my own course on how to use TE's effectively to generate leads.

As far as using TE's for MLM prog promotion, i have found that there are two general groups who are into networmarketing.
    1/ People who don't like to comunicate with there prospects. (Me for example)
    and...
    2/ People who do or don't mind.

James Grandstaff (pro internet marketer) and a gdi leader of mine, is one example. He has build large teams in his gdi with any phone calling. Just email marketing.

Though, my experience confirms with corey's theory. I have personally witnessed higher conversion rates when making contact with the prospect.

This doesnt mean to say that you cant build a successful downline using TE's if you don't communicate. It just means that your business downline will take alot slower to grow.

It also helps to build your own business system to promote a product as has James Grandstaff.

Regards
    Jim Labra
  5. martinbradstreet

martinbradstreet New Member

Hi guys,

I agree with both of you but I think you need to know how to use a traffic exchange correctly. Don't just post your affiliate page there, you need to create lead capture pages. James Grandstaff created a great system as you said that works 100% Simon Ussher has also done the same with "Set and Forget" [Link removed - Admin] which is speading like wild fire.

Using systems like these make traffic exchanges worth while. I think if you don't creat a system or join a system like these your wasteing your time.

I also think that Instant Buzz works better than useing normal exchanges. Especialy when upgraded.
  6. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

Traffic Exchanges are frequented not by people seeking opportunities but by people seeking to promote their opportunities. There's The RUB! They don't want to buy my thing, they want me to buy their thing. Of course if I'm there for the same reason, their thing had better be better than my thing or my thing had better be better than their thing or there won't be any business done.

Okay, so what is promotable there? I promote free tools and resources that anybody can use to promote their thing. The leads generated in this way are very happy to hear from me. The people
    who taught me told me: STOP PROMOTING YOUR OPPORTUNITY!

That's what everybody is doing.
  7. coreyjroman

Quoting: malibumentorTraffic Exchanges are frequented not by people seeking opportunities but by people seeking to promote their opportunities. There's The RUB! They don't want to buy my thing, they want me to buy their thing.

This is so true... and yet I have seen good and reputable mlm companies promoting their use. Now... on the other hand if these exchange sites would pay for massive advertising it might be less "redundant".
  8. coreyjroman

Quoting: Vishal P. Raoit's become more of numbers game now

Even though the concept of mlm is to perpetuate residual income by increasing the streams that bring it in... it is a bad concept to try to create new streams in high volume. you will spread yourself too thin and you will lose many new reps this way.
  9. mlole

mlole New Member

To expand on what Loren (Malibumentor) said and is absolutely right. Most people on TE are there to promote their businesses.

In other words, you have a Seller's market in there. You can try to sell to them but good luck.

Whether it's in TE or when targetting prospects, always think of the needs of your target market. Remember the Gold rush?

The individuals that made pretty good coin were the ones selling the shovels to those looking for gold.

Always think of giving people the means to get what the want,

in TE, people want to generate more sales and acquire knowledge... even if it means paying for it.
  10. WebGuru

WebGuru New Member

Quoting: Vishal P. RaoAbsolutely! But it's become more of numbers game now. That's the reason one experiences more of disappointments than success in MLM nowadays. To really succeed in MLM one must stick to basics.

I agree its a numbers game. You have to have a ton of credits.
    You can get results in traffic exchanges. It also take time and effort on your part.

To succeed MLM you have train your downline or members. They will quit quick. They want results right a way.
  11. Bucky

Bucky New Member

Traffic exchanges can work well, but you definitely need to do your work...well said!

I also agree that you definitely need to promote a lead generating system. It needs to be free and the system needs to work.

Once I have a satisfied customer, they are more willing to listen to my other methods. That makes them eager to try my other methods and start earning too.

I have gotten some good results with the exchanges.
  12. AndrewHealth

AndrewHealth New Member

I agree.

When I was building Network Marketing, I never had much success with traffic exchanges (and yes, I had a ton of credits to spend). Reason being is that everybody and their dog had an MLM opportunity to share, and since it was free - the traffic exchanges were flooded with the same pages.

I'm getting much more interest in my product now because it's unique and since it's not a MLM product, people are more open to looking further into it.

That's my $0.02
  13. crsuccess

crsuccess New Member

I have had very little success with traffic exchanges
  14. mrLenin

mrLenin New Member

Blue Voda Exchange Link (link swap, reciprocal link trade) is a better technique!
    Meta tags are small pieces of information that can be attached to a web page. They are invisible to the user, but visible to the search engines.

Meta is the Greek word for "over", and the "meta-tags" were initially designed to carry all sort of meta-information ??“ that is "information-about". Using meta-tags for specifying keywords or a description for a webpage is not an HTML standard convention, but it is a widely accepted use of the meta-tags.

There are many meta-tag types, but from the search engines' perspective, the most important are the "keywords" meta-tag (carrying keywords associated with the content of the webpage) and the "description" meta-tag (that provides a brief description of the page).

In the beginning, search engines gave much weight to the "keyword" and the "description" meta-tags, because they helped to determine a webpage's relevancy related to a search query. There was a time when a "smart" use of meta-tags could make the difference between a good and a poor positioning in the search engines' listings. However, those times are over...

The misuse of meta-tags was the main reason for which search engines do not rely on them so heavily any more. Unscrupulous webmasters used meta-tags to mislead the search engines in "believing" that a webpage's content was related to a particular topic just to attract traffic. Indeed, nobody can guarantee that the keywords entered are describing the content of a webpage, and one can easily use popular keywords (like "sex", or "free pics") to artificially inflate the number of visitors.

However, being one of the few techniques capable of helping search engines to "understand" human-produced content, meta-tags are still used by many search engines. It is necessary to stress that no search engine relies heavily on them any more, while some search engines ignore them completely.

In the past, meta-tag optimization was THE key-point in any search engine optimization strategy. Nowadays, meta-tags still matter, but other factors (like link popularity) are far more important.
  15. wolney

wolney New Member

Quoting: AndrewHealthIn the past, meta-tag optimization was THE key-point in any search engine optimization strategy. Nowadays, meta-tags still matter, but other factors (like link popularity) are far more important.

What do you mean "link popularity"?