Traffic suggestions ....please

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by larochelle, Mar 1, 2011.

1. larochelle New Member

Hi everyone

I am very curious to hear other members opinions about traffic.

I am prepared to do the work involved ...I know that whichever method I use there is work involved but a little feedback from others and their experiences in what works would be greatly appreciated.

So if you don't mind me picking your brains ..please leave a comment or suggestion.

And of course a big thank you

All the best

Jason
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

What are you doing now for traffic? I use SBI and most of my traffic comes thru adding content to my site and with article marketing...

I had kinda let my site just set for awhile as I got busy but in the last week, I added a few pages and did some editing and my traffic took a huge leap again, so it proves the fact that nothing is as good as just adding quality content to your site on a consistent basis.

Now if you are talking about getting traffic the landing page you have in your signature....about the only way I know is to participate in forums like this one, write articles, etc... I gave up a long time ago trying to get enough traffic to landing pages to generate sales or leads, so I don't have much authority to speak on that one.[IMG]
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

Before going after the traffic, a question would be are you set up with an autoresponder so that you can follow up with interested prospects in what you are offering?

While a one page website can work establishing a growing list will allow you to benefit indefinitely from your marketing, even if you are in the learning phase.
  4. bhuff85 New Member

There are an endless supply of traffic methods. What it depends on is if you're looking for free or paid methods.

Free:

Article marketing
    Blog commenting
    Forum marketing
    Social marketing
    Social bookmarking
    Docsharing
    SEO
    Video marketing

Paid:

CPV
    PPC
    Solo Ezine Ads

There's plenty more, but this is just a basic outline of traffic generation strategies.
  5. anthony2313 New Member

What been working for me is

Ezine Solo Ads
    Article Marketing
    Video Marketing
    Text Ads
    Banner Ads

Those are my top traffic sources thats been
    working well for me.
  6. MattL New Member

Article marketing is a cheap option, but it's not as fast as PPC.

I think it takes 2 to 5 articles per day to generate enough traffic momentum. A decent writer could certainly do it.
  7. talfighel Silver Member

For me personally, what works best is Pay Per Click. This is by far the best traffic you can get and the fastest too.

I am not saying the free advertising does not work, I am just saying that PPC has faster results and I really prefer it.
  8. anthony2313 New Member

Google Content Network is very effective also.
    You can get alot more traffic than you can get with PPC.
    Plus you don't have to worry about a ton of rules.
  9. paulsan1 New Member

Do you have a fan page on Facebook?
  10. paulsan1 New Member

talfighel
    Is there a certain pay per click provider you use?

Thanks.
  11. onedumbaussie New Member

Great Suggestion above!

Can I add:

Link Building as a poweful way to get traffic as well.

It helps with actual visitors but mostly with search rank and naturla traffic.

If you haven't got a link building strategy in place you need one.

My Biggest increases in traffic and income came from Link Building and getting my site on as many others as possible.

This has lead to higher search rank which has filtered through my business into visitors and Income. 2011 has been my best year and I really believe it is Link building that made the difference.

HINT: Outsource your link wheels and link building on place like fiverr, Its amazing what someone else will do for you for a small amount of money. $5 could be 3 clicks on PPC or 100 Backlinks, I know what woul dbenefit me better Long term.

PPC is good for instant results but you need to keep feeding the beast it offers no long term growth strategy other than to spend more money on it. I prefer to keep the bulk of my profits or pay affiliates and outsources for RESULTS rather than give my money to google and other ppc networks.

Good Luck Man

ODA
  12. TFranklin New Member

I'd have to agree with onedumbaussie ( I love the name, lol). Anyways, link building is an excellent way to increase traffic, and boost your SEO, especially if it's done in a natural way, over time. I try to write at least 2 articles a week, which compared to others is not very many, but than I use an automated submission site to get my articles out there. You have to be careful not to go overboard. I try not to build more than 10 -15 links per day. I've heard that Google will assume that you're spam and penalize you if they see too many. I've only recently started participating in link-exchanges, but I've seen a definite boost in traffic. Now I just need to figure out how to convert them better. [IMG]
  13. katereber New Member

Article marketing
    Blog commenting
    Forum commenting
    Social media
    Etc..

Those are the technique or method to generate traffic.
    But the important is you work hard for it, be unique and make a interesting topic to attract more visitor. [IMG]