Traffic to Website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Karenreams, May 11, 2009.

1. Karenreams

Karenreams New Member

Hi all

I know this would have been covered a million times but how is the easiest and quickest way(s) to get traffic to your website?

I am new to this forum and thankyou in advance for any suggestions.

It must be noted that I need plain English as I am not technically minded at all.....

2. Submit ads to a high pagerank and high traffic Classified ad site such as USFreeads or Craigslist.

Comment on other related blogs, but do not spam.

Participate in Yahoo Answers.

Write step by step articles and tip articles.

Use Traffic Exchanges like Traffic Swarm.

recruiter1 likes this.
  3. Karenreams

Karenreams New Member

Thanks Barb
    Much appreciated

4. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello Karen,

Social Bookmarking helps too!
    You could use Onlywire or Social Marker.

Additionally, you might consider building a few Squidoo Lenses, and a Hub Page or two using your keyword phrase to link to your website.
    I try to social bookmark the pages I comment on too.
    If you help to increase the value of that particular page you are commenting on, one day that link to your site will be more valuable.

Have a nice night,
    Victoria

5. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Hello Karen and welcome to the forum.... getting traffic to your website is a lifelong learning process! But in plain english, there are so many ways to get traffic to your site that it would be overhwelming for you to start them all at once.

I would suggest picking something where you can connect with your readers in some way and at the same time share valuable information about what it is that you are promoting on your website...

I like to use free sites a lot but I did use some of my profits to then purchase the SBI package as it is one of the best ways that I know of to get traffic to a site.... and it basically is an education in a box on how the whole thing works as far as seo which is search engine optimization in plain english. [​IMG]

Let us know what you DO know about online marketing as far as what you have done up to now.. like blogs, writing articles, Squidoo, social networking, which is what forums are basically... etc... so we can possibly help you more...[​IMG]

6. Seth

Seth New Member

Try posting VIDEOS in YOU TUBE...

7. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

i would suggest you to use facebook. i have got a good traffic using my facebook. i think you should try to use facebook too..

8. samda

samda Member

Essentially there are lot of ways. But free and instant traffic would come from forums and other community boards. Dont spam them but you could get a decent and targeted traffic from them.

9. profitgenie

profitgenie New Member

Hi karen

Welcome to the forum, here and at other forums are are great way to get targeted traffic. Make informative and intelligent posts and you will be surprised at how many people will check out your site.

Top three ways for free traffic would have to be writing articles, making videos and social networking, always link back to your site and social bookmark all your articles and videos. As victoria said i recommend onlywire as well.

Another tip when starting make sure you know where your traffic is coming from if a source you are using is getting you no traffic move on to your next method you wish to try until you hit one on the head. Statcounter dot com or google analytics can help you put code on your website/blog to track your visitors.

PG

10. Newbie Shield

Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi Karen,

I agree with most of the above.

You can check out the free 30 Day Challenge. You'll get a quick overview on some of the online marketing fundamentals - including traffic sources. Visit the link below - it'll be worth your time:

www.thirtydaychallenge.com

~Newbie Shield~

11. mwyawahf

mwyawahf New Member

1. Write and submit articles to the article directories.
    2. Leave comments on other people's blogs with a backlink to your site.
    3. Answer people's questions on Yahoo! Answers - Home.
    4. Post in forums and have a link to your site in your signature.
    5. Write a press release and submit it to PRWeb::The Online Visibility Company

12. johnjimat

johnjimat New Member

mwyawahf: 2. Leave comments on other people's blogs with a backlink to your site.
    give comments to 10 blogs a day for 1 niche... [​IMG]

13. samda

samda Member

johnjimat: give comments to 10 blogs a day for 1 niche...
    But be genuine in your answer. Being a bit spammy will make the blog owner to remove your comment.

14. cocofine

cocofine New Member

I am also a newbie....learning so much from all of the answers here. Thank you very much.

15. William S

William S New Member

1. Make a free blog based around long tail keywords.

2. Make posts on relevant big blogs linking back to blog.

3. Submit posts to social neworking sites like digg

4. Write articles that point back to your block with relevant keyword anchor text.

5. Make a video, upload it to youtube with relevant tags and put it on your blog. (helps alot with your search engine ranking)

6. Use twitter, facebook and myspace.

Those are most of the things I do, alot of work, but managable if you do it over time [​IMG]

16. GerryWalter

GerryWalter New Member

Getting traffic is tough. There is no easy solution.

If there was, we would all be a lot richer ! [​IMG]

What you MUST get is targeted traffic.

This is traffic that is interested in your product.

Go to places where you target market hangs around and participate.

Add more content to your site.

17. Sonni

Sonni New Member

One of the best ways is good old SEO and having well written SEO'd content. Then writing well SEO'd articles submitted to EZA with an awesome resource box that has a great call to action. That is, if you're a decent writer, if not you need to outsource. My 2 cents.

If you overkill Yahoo answers you will be banned and it doesn't take much to do it.

And I second NS with the 30 Day Challenge which just started preseason on Monday.
    Sonni

18. newbiz02

newbiz02 New Member

GerryWalter: Getting traffic is tough. There is no easy solution.

If there was, we would all be a lot richer !

What you MUST get is targeted traffic.
    Targeted traffic is good and essential, but i won't turn down any traffic. Because im thinking long term.
    For me, traffic is traffic. There are so many ways that it can yeild fruit down the line. (soo many sneaky ways too [​IMG] )

When i get traffic surge it will boost my alexa ranking, and increase my pr. When that happens i will get a sweet spot in the serps on the first page. Then i will get some real targeted traffic. But as i said, this is long term tactic. If you want money now, then you can focus only on targeted.

19. mediafreak

mediafreak New Member

There are no quick and easy ways to earn traffic. Search engine optimization strategies should be a sustainable long-term plan instead of a shock-and-awe strategy that will not last long. Consistent effort will lead to more relevance down the road.

20. Shawn H

Shawn H New Member

the latest trend, is to tweet. Set up a twitter account, and then add those people that are/would be interested in your niche, and let them know about your product - or that you exist.
    goodluck