Traffic to Website?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by Karenreams, May 11, 2009.

1. nessbro

nessbro New Member

I am new to this site. I just wanted to say Hello and Thank you.

2. donysaurus

donysaurus New Member

hi all, brought many visitors to our website is not an easy job. but I think we can do a few things below:

1. Register our website to the Open Directory Project (www.dmoz.com)

2. Join HubPages and squidoo

3. With the growing popularity of facebook and tweeter, I think utilizing them (wisely), will help bring visitors to our website significantly.

3. robert jean

robert jean New Member

There are several ways to generate website traffic. Here are some basic points that are important to get people to visit your site these are the best ways of gaining backlinks from high PR websites (of course, you must choose high-PR sites in submitting your submissions):
    * Article submission
    * Social bookmarking
    * Classified ads posting
    * Directory submission
    * Signatures in dofollow forums
    Hope some of this helps. There really are multiple ways to drive traffic!

4. potsyn

potsyn Guest

Back link helps generate traffic. To create links, engaging on the following helps:

social bookmarking
    classified ads
    press release
    social networking
    article submission
    blog commenting
    forum posting

5. quatrostream

quatrostream New Member

Getting targeted traffic is a greate challenge...[​IMG]

6. uliran

uliran New Member

Karenreams
    If you're on budget I think the easiest way is paid advertisement. I know advertising in Google is too expensive because I've tried it. But there are advertising sites that offer world's class advertising on a blogger's budget and I was using them to improve my sites alexa ranking and adsense earnings. I'm new here and I don't know if it was allowed to post links here.

7. TopHits4U

TopHits4U New Member

You can try the following things... Post in forums (attach signature with links), Submit your url to top search engines, Posting Blogs, Traffic Exchanges, Generate Backlinks to your site...

Can take alot of work, but keep at it and it will payoff in the long run.

8. Kanga

Kanga New Member

Hi guys ,

How do i find yahoo answers? i had seen it mentioned in many places but don't seem to make it there.Where do i go? it does not appear on yahoo site, at least i have not been able to find it.
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

9. danmicheals

danmicheals New Member

hi uliran what advertising sites that can offer good traffic at a cheap price? Thanks

10. vemma

vemma New Member

Have you guys used any web sites like Good MLM signups? I personally think and know already that using other companies other than Search Engines is almost useless as they not getting traffic to your web site but instead spamming others by throwing ur web site in their face.
    Let me know if you have any experience with that

11. JHandy

JHandy New Member

There are free methods and there are paid methods. The free methods like blogging, content marketing, surfing for credits, classifed ads on craigslist, youtube, creating a squidoo lens and whole list of others will work, but it will take a lot of your time to do it. The paid methods like pay per click, banner ads, solo ads, pay per view, etc... cost money, but will get the traffic to you faster.

Jerry

12. MarketLifelines

MarketLifelines New Member

Karenreams
    The best would be to use pay per view or pay per click campaigns. But these cost money.

Why not use free ad services like Craiglist? They are great for organic traffic. Also submit your site to as many search engines and directories as possible.

The best however is article merketing. Submit well written keyword optimized articles to sites such as EzineArticles and Goarticles. Write alot in forums and blogs and use Yahoo answers and Ask.com.

Use free traffic sharing (exchange) sites as well. Social media sites such as facebook and Linkedin are also very good.

Used in combination, they are likely to drive traffic to your squeeze page where you can collect contact details which you can then use to market to prospects.

13. Bishop

Bishop New Member

New to this myself. Everything looks very helpful. Is it difficult use back links? I've researched this and to be honest it has to be easier than it looks.

14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Kanga: How do i find yahoo answers? i had seen it mentioned in many places but don't seem to make it there.Where do i go? it does not appear on yahoo site, at least i have not been able to find it.
    Thanks in advance.
    http://answers.yahoo.com/

In order to post, you have to sign up for a free yahoo account if you don't already have one. [​IMG]

15. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Bishop: New to this myself. Everything looks very helpful. Is it difficult use back links? I've researched this and to be honest it has to be easier than it looks.
    Do you mean is it difficult to get backlinks? Not really. It just takes time to do it.

You can search for blogs relating to your subject and post a helpful comment (not spam) and provide your webiste url in the space provided.

The link you placed in your signature here in this forum counts as a backlink to your site, but it is better if it's a clickable link. You need to go back into your profile and place these tags around the link.

That will make it easy for people to check out your site and also will make it possible for the "search engine spiders" to pick up the link back to your site.

Hope that helps.
    Blessings,
    Angie

16. Dimasalang

Dimasalang New Member

-Submit articles:
    www.ezine.com
    www.articlesbase.com

-Participate on Forums

-Comment on Blogs

-Twitter your blog/website
    Facebook
    LinkedIn
    and all other Social Networking sites

-Technorati can also help increase your traffic.
    -Digg your blog/website

-And lastly create a good content. Readers will visit your website from time to time if you post interesting topics.

Advanced Tips:
    RSS(allow visitors to subscribe to your blog/website)
    Create an ebook to be given to readers for free(should be based on your website/blog).
    Use opt-in,opt-out

17. LindaSweetfield

LindaSweetfield New Member

All good stuff. If I may add my own two cents here too to what the guys have said, I have been using video marketing now for around four years as a part of my overall business model. I have a method that works very well for me. Its a bit long winded so I will summarise as best I can in this space.

I find offers from my CPAs, any niche will do really. I then find videos related to my product where the owner has a certain amount of views but has no link to anything. I then contact the owner and based on a spreadsheet calculation I use, which is based on several variables, view count, time up, conversion rate for typical youtube videos, which is less than 1% in most instances, I calculate how much I could earn from traffic off this video. I then contact the owner, again I have a very particular template I use for this mail and I offer then a certain amount per month, to, in effect, rent their video. Now there is a high rate of ignoring on their parts, which is to be expected, but a certain % will take the offer. I have rented videos in the past for $20 per month whilst making 400 - 500 off that video. The reality is that some owners don't realise the value of the traffic they have and have never thought of monitizing it in any fashion. Given the sheer volume of videos on youtube etc there is always someone who will be open to this approach. This has been a consistent source of traffic and earnings for me for years now. Again, I never, never offer to buy their accounts, just to rent their vids. Hope this helps

18. austinseonet

austinseonet New Member

Maintain quality informative contents on your site by targeting the right keywords related to your niche. It is through your keywords that a potential user will aim for to get to your website. And implement other ways of optimization as suggested by other forum members.

19. tiawalling

tiawalling New Member

i would recommend traffic exchanges!!

but if you have adsense ads on your website or blog, better use a splash page or a squeeze page.

20. pkornmann

pkornmann New Member

There are so many ways to do this but most of them do take time. Especially if you are on a low budget. I think the three top strategies are: Blogs, Article Writing, and Video Sharing. These are usually either free or very low cost to get started. Once you make some money you can use it for paid advertising.