traffic

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by lazie199, Jul 13, 2009.

1. lazie199 New Member

wich is the best way to get traffic to your site?
  2. tmorrison Member

Use a search engine that will guarantee you viewers to your site and not just click throughs.
  3. getagrip Gold Member

Create unique content for your site and start building backlinks via article directories.
  4. johnjimat New Member

active in many popular forum... and dont be a spammers [IMG]
  5. magume New Member

Article marketing [IMG]

Best wishes,
    Vicky
  6. lisat1 New Member

There are many ways to drive traffic to your site. If you have the money then PPC on Google, Bing, Yahoo by doing media buys and PPV from various places AdBlade, Pulse360, etc... If you are short on investment capital then I would concentrate on SEO, so essentially I would build backlinks and get valued directory submissions but for this method to work long term you will need an abundance of quality content on your site.

Here are some sites that do a do-follow and will help build links (this should get you started as I do not want to give away the farm [IMG]):
    www.slashdot.org
    www.2collab.com
    www.digg.com
    www.mister-wong.com
    www.propeller.com
    www.stumbleupon.com
    www.current.com
    www.reddit.com
    www.spurl.net
    www.friendfeed.com
    www.furl.net
    www.hugg.com
    www.connotea.org
    www.mybloglog.com
    www.mixx.com
    www.folkd.com
    www.multiply.com
    www.dzone.com
    www.sphinn.com
    www.kaboodle.com
    www.feedagg.com
    www.backflip.com
    www.kirtsy.com
    www.searchles.com
    www.bibsonomy.org
    www.swik.net
    www.plime.com
    www.mylinkvault.com
    www.linkagogo.com
    www.stumpedia.com
    www.corank.com
    www.faves.com
    www.spotback.com
    www.kwoff.com
    www.jeqq.com
    www.bringr.com
    www.web2list.com
    www.quadriot.com
    www.unalog.com
    www.linkatopia.com
    www.urlex.info
    www.highvibeit.com
    www.a1-webmarks.com
    www.oyax.com
    www.memestreams.net
    www.bookmarksync.com
    www.bmaccess.net
    www.ausculture.com
    www.1topix.com
    www.blogmarks.net
    www.wobblog.com
    www.plugim.com
    www.kez6.com
    www.th3scoop.com
    www.megite.com
    www.earthfrisk.com
    www.contentpop.com
    www.actualtopics.com
    www.postonfire.com
    www.shareddish.com
    www.stuffs4u.com
    www.givealink.org
    www.dekut.com
    www.diggdirect.com
    www.oopza.com
    www.i89.us
    www.bookmark-tag.com
    www.under-link.com
    mystuff.ask.com
    www.your-bookmark.com
  7. Newbie Shield Gold Member

Hi lazie199,

Create valuable content.

~Newbie Shield~
  8. writerros New Member

You need good backlinks to your site to get you noticed by the search engines - and you need to use SEO to get your site to the top of the search engines.

The best way of creating backlinks are:

Article marketing (with links to your site in your resource box)
    Forum posting (with a link to your site in the signature)
    Submitting your site to directories
    Commenting on blogs (with a link to your site)

Find some good e-books or websites that will teach you how to SEO your site and articles and blogs - and do all of the above regularly.

Ros
  9. VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Thank you for the list lisat1.
    I appreciate it!
    Victoria
  10. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Depends on whether you want to be married to your computer or not - if you do social bookmarking or use a list like the one above, which is a great list by the way, lisat1...you will have to constantly be doing it from my understanding of that part....

If you write articles, and blogs, with valuable content you will have little messengers running all over the internet for you for a long time, on their own...

That is my goal with SBI and articles that I have written in the past year...

In fact, here is a short testimony on that..

I checked my CB account as I do every morning...[IMG]

I had 2 clickthroughs to two very different products that I haven't promoted or even written anything on for months - and both bought.... That is the highest ratio you can get.[IMG]

But the fact is that as long as you have articles, blogs Squidoo lens or whatever floating out there with your stuff and you have some traffic coming to it, you never know when you might make a sale - I have tested so much stuff in CB and some of it I just left as I either don't have time to write on it or it wasn't doing anything or here is my biggest problem - I don't know WHAT to write about it as I know next to nothing about the topic. lol

To me - a lot of it is simply sticking it out - learning about ways to get traffic and then trusting God for the outcome....

God has been good to me and I am not ashamed to thank Him in public for it.[IMG]
  11. Newbie Shield Gold Member

mountainmom5: I had 2 clickthroughs to two very different products that I haven't promoted or even written anything on for months - and both bought
    Hi M5,

You rock!

~Newbie Shield~
  12. mountainmom5 Gold Member

All I can say is if you stick with it through the thick and thin - and then you have a morning like that - it's like... "wow"... that is so stinking cool... [IMG]
  13. mkl315 New Member

mountainmom5: God has been good to me and I am not ashamed to thank Him in public for it.
    Amen
  14. mjb13815 New Member

There are many ways to generate traffic to your website and are highly suggested that you take advantage of all of them. Here are some ways that you can drive traffic to your site:

Article Marketing - write a keyword targeted article that flows naturally)

Blogs - use blogger, squidoo, wordpress, etc. and create backlinks as well

Adwords - make sure you know what your doing with this.

Forums - when you post something, have your website in your signature. Gain the trust of people within the forum

So here are some ways to generate traffic to your site

Good Luck

Matt
  15. paolo4 New Member

All mentioned, but joint ventures.
    This is a fast way to get traffic to your site.
  16. johnsonseo New Member

Hi dear,

If you want more traffic then you can choose best seo who's promote your website on google with traffic keyword after promoting your website you see on your website have thousands hit on per month.

Thanks & Regards
    Johnson
  17. nanlar New Member

Forums seem to be a big boost for my traffic,although articles have really bee a close second.
  18. Ann Williams New Member

Ezinearticles.com is a good place to post your articles. It has been around for years and a lot of people use it to find good content for their sites. If you do not know what to write about, search articles on your topic and rewrite in your own words the ones are the best fit.
    Inside your rewritten article, place popular search words, but limit them to 5 maximum.
  19. pplrulz New Member

Hey Everyone,
    Thanks for all the tips... I've always used PPC marketing, but I'm now beginning to learn some of the SEO stuff and free web 2.o stuff. These forums have a been a great help!
  20. georgie Guest

Article submissions, forum posting and social bookmarking helps your site generate more traffic.