Travel Agent card

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by cgmom, Apr 12, 2007.

1. cgmom

cgmom New Member

I hope that it is ok if I post this here but the travel agent card site is up. Just wanted to let everyone know so you all can check it out!
  2. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Oohh, that's great. Can you post the link?

Thanks!

Dawn
  3. cgmom

cgmom New Member

Dawn,

Email me and I will reply with the link! I am afraid to post urls on here! Thanks!
  4. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

You have mail! Thank you!

Dawn
  5. cgmom

cgmom New Member

No problem. Let me know what you think!! I am new at this.
  6. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Oh wow! the host agency they went with is a really good host agency!!

They are well known in the travel world and highly respected!

Terri
  7. Shelby

Shelby New Member

Can someone briefly explain what the travel agent program is about? I have seen the web site, but not sure how this works with us. Thanks!

Shelby
  8. cgmom

cgmom New Member

I was on the call and found out we get 10% off registration fees with a referrer code. PM me if you want the code. That's all I got right now. Sorry I'm not more help!

Nicole
  9. cgmom

cgmom New Member

If anyone knows how to get in touch with Terri, please tell her her email is not working. I am trying to send her the link and it keeps coming back. Thanks!!
  10. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Nicole, which program are we supposed to sign up for? Are the BOD going to give us some direction on this?
  11. cgmom

cgmom New Member

I think it is the Agent Advantage program. They barely mentioned tonight on the call.
  12. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

They mentioned that it would cost $99 to start so I guess it's the agent advantage with the $25 a month fee. It would be nice if they would put something about it on the officialcoastaltraining site.
  13. cgmom

cgmom New Member

Im with you, we need more details. What are the benefits of the travel agent card anyways?
  14. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I think the benefit is having the added creditability of saying you are an official "travel agent" and having an IATA card. I assume you get an IATA card. I didn't read it anywhere in on the site but I think you do. That card will get you MAJOR discounts at hotels and resorts simply because you are a "Certified Travel Professional" . At least that is the way it is with Inteletravel.com . I am with them right now but I don't use the site which I pay only $7.95 a month for and I paid $69.00 to get in. I think they said this new company will have access to some kind of special airline program that other companies don't have.
  15. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Talking to Jerry, the owner of Inteletravel.... Not sure yet, which way to go. Inteletravel really wants our WCYS business and is talking about a special program for WCYS users, more commissions.

Says... consolidation stuff like airlines and cruises.... they can do it too.. but not sure how.

the site is joystar dot com.
  16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Quoting: cgmomIf anyone knows how to get in touch with Terri, please tell her her email is not working. I am trying to send her the link and it keeps coming back. Thanks!!

Thanks for letting me know. When I first registered I had comcast, they left and now I am with TimeWarner so I have a new email address, BUT I tried to change it here for this forum

It will NOT allow me to change my email address.

Anyone interested my new email address is terrivw at tx.rr dot com

How can I change my email address withoout changing my screen name on this forum does anyone know??

Thank you!

Terri
  17. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Most of us want the host agencies IATA card, I had one when I joined as a RTA with another TA, than I joined Traverus as an RTA at $119 and did not get the card I would had have to joined for $399

Here's the scoop folks, I learned a lot about host agencies.

The IATA card is the valuable card that homebased Travel agents need and want it will have the Host agency's IATAN number on it.

The only way you get your own IATA card with your own number is to sell $5,000 in business for the host agency (plus other requirements.)

Definition of Host agency is agency's like Traverus, YTB, Intelle, JoyStar etc.

Each host agency has a reputation with the vendors,
    (vendors are hotels, cruise ships etc)
    IF the host agency is known as a "card mill" in the industry than you will not get as good a discount with them even tho you are using a valid IATA number.

How do I know? I tried to use YTB IATA card to get a discount for Coastal's seminar recently. Couldn't get a discount.

PLus there are certain states who are trying to get legislation passed that the "cardmills" not be recognized. Which is bad for us homebased businesses.

That's the background and explanation of the travel agent home based programs host agencies who give you a card with their number on to use.

The second thing to watch for is what they charge.
    1. Entry fee (some are $99 all the way to $500)
    2. monthly fees ($9.95 upwards to $100's of dollars per MONTH!)
    3. The online search engine website,( it's appearance, who they use to go thru)

Those are the big 3 to look for when evaluating a travel agent HOST agency!

Traverus happens to be $399 and $49.95 a month to get the CARD.

Intele was less BUT Intele does not have a good search engine or website, not very professional looking, my humble opinion.

Yes a TA IATA card may or may not get you a better discount the KEY to discounts are the CONSOLIDATORS that the host agency is involved with the consolidators are the ones where you can get a dynamite deal whether thru airfares or cruises or hotel rooms.

Sorry for the long post but its a quick travelagent training [​IMG]

Hope it helped!

Terri
  18. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Thanks for that info, Terri.

I am interested because I have another travel related website that I am currently booking hotels through Expedia (you only get a few dollars per booking) If I could have my own site to do bookings and get full commissions, that would be great - but it would have to have nearly as many hotels in their database as expedia - some of the ones I book for are rather remote.
  19. roger

roger New Member

Thanks for the info, Terri....got some homework to do now.

[​IMG]

Roger
  20. cgmom

cgmom New Member

Hey guys, you can sign up for free! I thought it was going to be 99.00 but there is a free one. You do get the number discussed above as well. Let me know if you have questions!