Travel Agent card

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by cgmom, Apr 12, 2007.

1. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hmm.. I don't know about this paying a monthly fee for inteletravel? I don't pay anything for websites, (yet) and from what I can tell all they do is pay ME!!

My understanding is that onsite, self service booking is on its way too!

I like them, got another cheque the other day! Who doesn't like getting paid and not knowing why or what for?? I think intele is a Martha Stewart "good thing"!!!

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  2. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Jani,

I pay a monthly fee for the Inteletravel service, and have since I joined over a year ago. It's just $9.00 per month, and of course I do make commissions when I book travel through them. I think it's a great value!

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  3. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

I see that it is now $199 to join and $9.95 per month...still worth it? Do you get significant travel discounts for yourself through this site?

We have timeshares but do stay overnight frequently at hotels as we are traveling (Hampton Inns, etc.) - would I get discounts on this? Can someone check a rate for a Hampton Inn in Midland MI for any random date so I can compare that rate to another travel site?

What other discounts have you seen? (airfare? car rentals?)

Thanks,

Dawn
  4. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Dawn,
    The main benefit of being with Inteletravel is having the IATA card. That classifies you as a Travel Professional and gets you special rates at Hotels and car rental places and other things like that. That is why I didn't go with Joystar, the company that the BOD are pushing right now. They consider companies that basically let you buy an IATA card as "card Mills" and it degrades the degrades the travel agent community because typically you must sell at least $5,000 a year in travel to get your own IATAN card which is one level over the IATA card you get from Inteletravel. Inteletravel has the IATAN card and they let you use their IATAN number on your IATA card. Some places don't honor the IATA card like I have from Inteletravel but LOTS do honor it also. When I joined it was only $69 and $7 a month so it has gone way up.
  5. dawnmo

dawnmo New Member

Thanks, Harold. Can you use the IATA card number online to get discounts?
  6. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I'm not sure about that. I know when you go to Hotels they want to see the card and sometimes want to see a letter from the host agency that says you are an actual agent with them. I know I went to the Disney website and entered the Travel Agent area and entered my IATA number and went through the process of booking a room without actually booking it and there was no difference in the price with or without the card so it might be that Disney doesn't honor Inteletravel because they are a "card mill". I don't know that for sure but it's a possibility.
  7. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

Hi Dawn and Harold,

When I use Inteletravel, I book through their site, which is where I get the discounts. Site booking is also how Inteletravel keeps track of your commissions.

The last time I used it was a few weeks ago. A friend of mine wanted to see if I could match a price on a Royal Caribbean cruise that she was taking with a friend. The Inteletravel price did match the best she was able to find with her travel agent, so she booked through me and I will receive the commission after she takes her cruise.

What I have found using the site is that they give you multiple options to look at for the best discount - ie, if you have a AAA membership, or if you want the lowest rate available, AARP, that kind of thing.

So, if you think you'll use it a lot, I would recommend it as another very good tool in the Coastal resource box...

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  8. CoastalToday

CoastalToday New Member

That's funny!

I just checked my email and Inteletravel is offering a "companion agent" for free deal until the end of May. So, you and a friend or family member could both sign up and get the benefits.

Tonya Kopp
    Platinum Director
    Coastal Vacations
  9. matiasmommy

matiasmommy New Member

Hi Dawn!

The answer to that question, in my experience is "yes"!

I booked online directly through a hotel's website- major chain. I just plugged in my IATA number and boom, was able to book a room for my Dad- I just got the check the other day from Intele for my commission portion!

Cheers

Jani Teeter
    L3 Director, CSG
  10. goldmills

goldmills New Member

For all the WCYS'ers

We are negotiation with Jerry D, one of the owners to bring Inteletravel under the WCYS team. The CSG has done this with private agreement with CSG leaders.

Our team is working on an idea, but it is not a done deal, it is something we are working on.

I have not seen an advantage to go with Joystar myself, other than if I book stuff, I suppose Stephanie get's the override, or who ever has the master account at Joystar.

In America, IATA is not that big a deal, but internationally if you are an agent, you'll be a king and they roll out the red carpet.

My wife booked a multi-cabin cruise with Inteletravel and earned about $380 per cabin for 6 cabins, and we got a good cruise rate.

I have talked with Jerry D at Inteletravel many times, he is aware of site deficiencies and is trying to get issues resolved to make Inteletravel a better place for booking and stay competative, plus they always have some fun promos and bonuses.

One of our group members earned 42 inch plasma tv, gps system, plus a ton of other things!

So I am sticking it out with Inteletravel.

Jeff
  11. PT Dude

PT Dude New Member

Ok im a bit confused here. I know what coastals packages are about. Why would you need a site like intelitravel if you are a coastal member?
  12. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

You don't "Need" it but it's nice to be able to tell people who talk to you about Coastal that you are a certified travel agent with an IATA card. The best part is the discounts you get with the card and the commissions from the website you will have if you book any travel.
  13. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

People who accuse Stephanie of getting a kickback from JOYSTAR are also getting a kickback from Intelle!

Pot calling the kettle black??

I really don't care which travel agency you all choose but remember one thing, the commission mentioned that the person received for booking a cruise , you would get that plus more with any agency including JOYSTAR!

Google both Intelle plus JOYSTAR and see what you get.

I had strongly considered intelle til I saw the joke of a website and booking engine, maybe one day I may even consider them but at the moment I am more than thrilled with the training, the Consolidators and the vendors with JOYSTAR!

Plus I want respect as a travel agent in the field not be known as a card mill. I want to earn my way to be a bona fide agent .

But again one day I may change my mind and I always leave my options open but as of today i am happy with the agency I am with, and if Stephanie gets a kickback more power to her just as some get a kickback with Intelle!

Just my humble opinion!

Take it for what its worth.

Terri