Travel Business Opportunities

Discussion in 'Network/Multi-level Marketing' started by Kritter, Jan 19, 2008.

1. golfandtravel

golfandtravel New Member

I apologize in advance for the long post, but having spent a lot of time researching travel business opportunities, I think it is fair to share some of the knowledge I have gained.

As Warranties4Less (Mike) said, if you want to be a genuine travel agent, there are host agencies that don't have anything to do with recruiting and purely focus on being a travel agent. Quite often, you can sign up with these companies for no cost at all. So, why look at programs like Traverus and YTB that say you don't have to recruit and can be just a travel agent, but still charge you a fee?

In one posting, someone stated that Traverus pays the highest commission - 70%. I know of at least one travel agency that focuses on travel (not recruiting agents) and pays out 80% of the agency commissions (including all overrides). And you don't have to pay to be a CTA. You get your training, both technical and marketing, for free. One other thing that you'll discover is that having an Agent ID card doesn't mean anything to the travel vendors. What they look for is a CLIA or IATA number (whether it is your own, which you earned, or the hosting agency's). If you want to be a dedicated travel agent, then find a good host agency and focus on that.

In term of the other programs, I'll touch on them briefly. Coastal Vacations. This program seems like it's been around forever. When you join, you get a booklet/binder of certificates. Be wary. Many of these same certificates can be obtained on the Internet and eBay for very cheap. Also, these certificates often require activation fees, reservation request fees, booking fees, taxes, government fees, etc. What you think is a free trip rarely turns out that way. There are also many cases of people having problems with these certificates and a simple Google search will reveal those.

Over the past year or so, other programs have become popular. Many of these Coastal Directors have now joined other travel programs like Global Resorts or Platinum One, either as another in their portfolio, or completely moving over. The funny thing is that many of these same people (who were successful at Coastal) are now telling people that the certificates at Coastal were not that great, but that didn't seem to stop them from promoting them before.

From a basic level, programs like GRN promise huge savings if you become a member and book at their resorts. If you research the resorts, you'll find that most, if not all of them, are timeshare resorts. As others have posted, they've asked about specific resorts and they weren't available probably because they aren't timeshare resorts, or they didn't have rooms from those resorts. Admittedly, some of the deals aren't bad, but if you are flexible in dates, there are websites that allow you to deal directly with timeshare owners at many of the same resorts. Quite often, you can negotiate pricing that is comparable and can even be better than the GRN price. In some popular areas (for example, in Cancun), it may cost you more to get a room at the same resort that GRN has available, but you may be able to get a better price at the resort next door.

What I'm basically trying to get at is before you sign up with any program, do your research. If you want to be a dedicated travel agent, don't sign up with a business opportunity program, sign up with a travel hosting agency that is dedicated to training travel agents. If you want to save on travel and realistically only travel a couple of times a year at most, are you really going to save yourself that much money by paying thousands to join a program? You can probably find yourself good deals without joining any program.

As with any business, do your due diligence. Don't get caught up in the hype and think things through. Good luck.
  2. mentoru2success

mentoru2success New Member

I am experiencing alot of success with Global Resorts. It has a great stand alone product and great pay plan, $1000 for each and every sale that you bring in. Than you use an automated system to do all your telling and selling for you.

thanks
  3. sylvan

sylvan New Member

I am also in traverus, I love it and my team is growing quickly. I am setting up training sites and forums so my team has something to go to for help.
  4. freestyle

freestyle New Member

I'm in Cruise to cash ,

I not joined for the vacation but for the money, I made 4k in my first 10 days, english is not my first language and I'm in Europe.

We have Professional Team of Tour Guides following up and closing all YOUR sales for YOU

The best way to have more information about cruise to cash is to Listen to this sizzling call at 1-618-355-1490

You will understand why I make more money in one month
    than most people in one year.

after the call take a tour
  5. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

I'm in travelencia
    It's a new travel company still in prelaunch, I can finance my entire trip with no creditcheck plus get great discounts on the entire trip.
  6. WARRANTIES4LESS

WARRANTIES4LESS New Member

Interesting,

Even in a recession, I see many are still interested in travel industry, so the appeal of travel exists, even if the dollars to travel don't. Of course, I am speaking from U.S., so recession is impacting us more than most due to dollar collapse, so world travel is tanking.

Reading through this thread, and having been a former travel agency, I thought I had seen it all, but I must admit, the concept of Travelencia is quite an interesting twist in the industry, they are addressing the affordability issue which is more important than ever in a recession.

In addtion, for those who need assistance with building their business, just like with a few other high ticket travel deals, there is a support and sales center to handle prospects. No doubt, the bases are covered when you enter business through Unselfish Wealth, which is what the newbie to network marketing really needs to break through the paying out stage, and get into profit almost immediately.

Like all travel deals, dollars and sense matter, so you have to research them all carefully first before you decide. With the entry cost being the largest obstacle for most, this has to be affordable for everyone if you want to see long term success. With most at $400.00 to $600.00 to join and up to $80.00 per month, and since most of these costs goes into commissions for recruiting, the majority will never recoup there investment, and this is why we see so much attrition in the industry.

Travelencia is only $50. plus $19.95 per month, and given the low entry point, and the mass appeal, the attrition will be tremedously less than industry average which is sadly 97% failure rate. Imagine if you had a program that would force those millions to succeed?

That is how I see Travelencia, the travel program for the masses, and with Unselfish Wealth system to assist everyone to get into profit, I see this as a winner, and I have seen them all over the years. Being affiliated with travel company takes all the hassle out of business, it is more of a travel club than being a travel agent or cosultant like most of the others are structured where commissions are for recruiting, and very little of income is from booking actual travel.

To each there own, but I think Travelencia has the right concept for most people who have always wanted to get into travel industry, but don't have the thousands all the others require. For $50. plus $19.95 a month, you have the same guaranteed lowest travel deals all the rest have access to, plus a personal assistant, similar to the old days when you had travel agent handle all details, except now you get paid to refer others to travel memberhip, and everyone can do this, where most cannot sell a $600.00 travel deal, never mind the ones for over a thousand.

Best of all, who can afford a luxury vacation these days, expecially if you wanted to travel outside of U.S. with collapse of dollars value. I remember just the opposite in Germany where dollar was worth 3.54 marks and a luxury meal was $7.50 U.S. lol It is just the opposite now, so price is indeed on everyone's mind these days, with most reducing their travel plans, if not eliminating them. Travelencia has up to $5,000.00 interest free no credit check financing, something I wish I had back when I owned a travel agency. Combining attractive finance terms to accommodate your travel costs is a very powerful option for travel industry, and I have no doubt it will drive this program to the moon in a recession, never mind when we finally come out of it. Best of all, with passive effort, most will be able to cover their vacation payments with commissions earned, so this will minimize attrition, and when you can accomplish this in any MLM, you have hit a grand slam.

Good luck to all,
  7. luvinarizona

luvinarizona New Member

I am a Certified Travel Agent with TraVerus Travel Network. I was with YTB and switched to TraVerus because TraVerus pays 70% to 90% commissons (RTA - 70%; CTA - 90%).

I also liked the highly discounted TraVerus Member trips.

My experience has been very positive. My experience with YTB was also positive, but it made sense to make the switch due to the higher travel commissions.
  8. cybermommy

cybermommy New Member

Hi Marcus [​IMG]
    I am also with Traverus and truly love this company.
    I was a travel agent for 12 years prior to staying home and can say that Traverus ticked the boxes across the board .
    Exceptional compensation plan.
    Superb training and constantly evolving.
    Team support and the fact that we are in 98 countries at this present time.
  9. mreyn

mreyn New Member

You are able to receive your CLIA and IATA card with Traverus. Here's a great video presentation of the Traverus Opportunity: http://www.slideshare.net/ant13planet/traverus-travel-presentation/ . Traverus just keeps on getting better!! Commissions went UP! Now they start at 75% for CTA. SIGN UP PROMOTION EXTENDED UNTIL JULY 14. Price is $99.95 for RTA . July 14 will go up to $199.90. While going through training I never knew that travel agents were able to get such GREAT deals on travel and even get some FREE trips! Traverus is now in CHINA! After listening to the Presidents update calls and learning where Traverus came from (even where the name originated) and where we're going..... I'm so glad I decided on travel and I'm so glad that the Traverus opportunity was presented to me. Good luck All!!
  10. traverus_travel

traverus_travel New Member

mreyn- I was looking at your signature, what is the secret program about, I am aware of what the secret is, but wondering if you could elaborate?
  11. Escalade

Escalade Guest

I am with the newest (debt-free) company called Travelencia. It is a pretty unique program that is different from most of the travel programs that you see in the market. We are currently in pre-launch and it will be launched globally to over 200 countries this coming October 2008

Registration is a one-time $50 and you have a choice of either a Gold Membership ($49.95/month) or Silver Membership ($19.95/month)

There is an overview video on Travelencia here.

This is important: if you happen to choose Travelencia, make sure that you register through http://ezinearticles.com/?Unselfish-Wealth-is-Solving-Problems&id=1292570 as this system ensures that you become successful in building your Travelencia business.
  12. unselfishguy

unselfishguy Guest

Travelencia has established its reputation and business network with some of the most powerful names in travel; in order to provide the best availability, price, and after-sale service that you would expect.

Travelencia offers consumer benefits such as:

* Lowest price on Hotels & Airline tickets!

* Vacation Packages designed to Save Thousands!

* Access to 100,000 Condo Resorts Worldwide

* Discounts to concerts and sporting events

* Theme Park, Museums, Zoos, Family Fun Centers

* Personal travel assistance

* Convenience and Trust

Travelencia has access to a Licensed Travel Consolidator: Hemisphere Travel

* BBB member

* Member of CLIA - IATA - ASTA,

* $10 Million Invested in Technology & Development

* Relationships with worldwide travel vendors: Cathay Pacific, Air Canada, Sheraton, Royal Caribbean International (RCI), Universal, AeroMexico, Marriott, SeaWorld, Hilton, Carnival, SixFlags

Whether you're looking for championship golfing, world-class scuba diving, deep sea fishing, waterslides, boating, horseback riding, white water rafting, windsurfing, mountain biking, tennis, downhill skiing, gambling, sight-seeing or good old' fashioned relaxing, your membership has the right accommodations to fit your needs and your budget! They offer a NO-RISK 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and if you join today as a Gold Member you're instantly qualified for up to $5,000 Interest Free Financing.

In addition to their consumer benefits, Travelencia's home-based business plan is simple, lucrative, and fun. Imagine getting paid great money each and every month just for sharing their products and business plan with other people. Their Copyrighted state-of-the-art compensation plan actually pays their members up to 4 different ways.

It requires a one-time $50 registration fee. Then, you have a choice of either $49.95/month for the Gold VIP Membership or the $19.95/month Silver VIP Membership.
  13. momsoffice

momsoffice New Member

I'm also with Traverus! We get paid 75% up to 90% in commissions on travel. I mainly focus on booking travel, because I enjoy it! I'm never forced to sponsor anyone. If someone decides to become an agent I let them know what I do. It's up to you how you want to work your business! I'm excited that Traverus offers different income streams and you can choose!!
  14. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

This whole travel discussion just goes to show that there are successful people in all the different companies represented here.... different things work for different people and I appreciate how we can compare and share in a friendly manner.[​IMG]

It's what sets this forum apart from so many others out there!
  15. z2ac2k

z2ac2k New Member

Do people really make money with travel site? and how is the economy effecting your biz right now?
  16. Wanderlust

Wanderlust New Member

z2ac2k: Do people really make money with travel site? and how is the economy effecting your biz right now?

Thats a very good question.
    I would say it depends on the product (travel) being sold. Personally, I think this economical crise is bringing a lot of opportunities as it makes a real product that provides a tremendous value while saving on average $1K to $3K PER week of vacation a very hot and sought after item. I mean, nowadays, more than ever, people are looking for deals and to save money. The Global Resorts Network Platinum lifetime membership does just that: saving on average $1K to $3K per week of vacation per vacation for life. I personally have saved over $5000 for 1 week on my next trip. Thats a no brainer.

Again, it depends on the product. If the product is solid, established and backed a company with a 22 years of stellar track record, then yes despite the current economical crise, the product is selling more than ever. Anyone looking to go on great trips staying at luxury resorts while saving $1K to $3K per week of vacation then there is nothing that compares with the GRN product. And the icing on the cake of this amazing membership is that it also can make the member a good chunk of $$$. But the main reason the vast majority of the people who become members of the GRN membership is mainly because of the phenomenal value of the actual product, yours truly included as I first purchased my membership because of the product. Then, as a bonus, some decide to also turn it around and make some good cash. It just doesnt get any better than this![​IMG]
  17. momsoffice

momsoffice New Member

I don't believe it's hurting my business. I still have several who are going on vacations. I have others who might just be going somewhere for a weekend. There's always someone in need of booking travel.
  18. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

The travel industry is taking it on the chin with worsening recession, with corportate travel off 38% as of July, never mind leisure travel drop off, so if recession is not hurting your travel business, then you must be in one of the last areas not to feel the full brunt of recession.

I owned a traditional travel agency years ago, and when first recession hit in 80's, I sold out, and thank goodness I did, travel took a major hit and since most of my business was with IBM corporate travel, they too went to national contract as a means to cut back, so it will be interesting to see how many more travel agencies bite the dust this year.

Success to all, Mike
  19. Wanderlust

Wanderlust New Member

Mike its true that the current economical climate doesnt help for the extra spendings such as travelling. However, now more than ever, people are thinking not twice but 3 times before they spend their money and are more than ever looking for the best deal there is.
    What membership out there allows a member to stay at a top resort with the entire family for as little as $298 per week while saving in average $1K to $3K PER week of vacation?

A lot of people who are my customers, I feel very sad for them and them too for the fact that they got burnt and fell into the timeshare trap where they basically threw down the toilet anywhere between $20K to $40K just for the right to own 1 or 2 weeks per year at most in a handful of resorts and to top it of, with obligations such as annual fees and maintenance fees which can range from $300 to $2000 and renovation fees as well every few years.

What the GRN membership allows is an unmatched product by a company of 22 years of stellar track record. For a fraction of what these timeshare companies are costing, a one time fee of $2995 which provides unlimited, unrestricted lifetime (valid 99 years) access to over 5000 3, 4 & 5 star resorts worldwide with NO annual fees, maintenance fees or whatever other fees a timeshare can come up with. Not only that, but the members have total freedom in the amount of weeks they want to enjoy per week (upto 52 weeks per year).

A member can stay at a beautiful resort that would easily charge $200, $300, $400, $500 or more day for anywhere between $298 to $799 for the entire family (upto 6 people) for the full week! Again, this membership is all about savings, huge savings of in average $1K to $3K per week of vacation! If a member all they ever did was take one vacation per year for his family, the membership would pay off for itself in 1 or 2 vacations!

I personally, am a proud Platinum member. And with only using it once, it has saved me over 5 grand for 1 week in a beautiful ocean side hotel in Rio de Janeiro, Brasil during the week of carnaval, in the last week of Feb 09. As some may know, Carnaval in Rio is the biggest show on earth that completely dwarfs any other so called carnaval anywhere else, whether it be the Venice, the Monte Carlo, the New Orleans or the Caribana here in Toronto. The week of Carnaval in Rio is probably the primest week in the entire world and at that time, everything in Rio gets multiplied by 10. Hotels charge exhorbitant fees. The same hotel I will be staying at, will be charing $1K PER NIGHT and I will be paying for the entire week of Carnaval $650 for 2 people in a beautiful 4 star hotel in a deluxe ocean view suite!

When people start understanding the PHENOMENAL value of the GRN product, they are in awe! I mean, who, regardless of their financial situation, wouldnt want to save 1 to 3 grand per week of vacation for life at over 5000 luxury resorts worldwide for a fraction of the price? Probably the only ones who wont mind are either the pro athletes or those in the show bizz making multiple 7 figures per year, everyone else is looking to save money and there is no better product in the market place than the GRN platinum lifetime membership. Period.

Bottom line is this: People on average save 1 to 3 grands per week at beautiful resorts worldwide. I saved 5K during THE primest week in the world in the month of February at the Greatest Show on Earth. I rest my case. People, when they see a real deal, or rather a steal, they know it and act on it. The GRN product is recession proof!
    Cheers,

Payman.
  20. WARRANTIES4LESS

Interesting,

Having been in the travel arena for years, nothing gets hit faster in a recession than the consumer vacation market, so all the savings in the world do not overcome the reality of a recession, especially one this servere, and this long term, so I do not say savings are not an attractive alternative, but only in non recessionay times, and this is not me speaking, I still get travel statistics, and the market is getting killed this year, so bargains are going to get better and better.

I used aggregators for years for the deep discount deals, and condo market was just getting started and time share industry was exploding in 80's, so I know the market well. When you mention timeshare value, yes, I agree, it is stone dead, and never a great value if you purchased from all these hype and hard sell tactics, but the secondary market is now exploding as people default and walk away from condo timeshares, which opens door for discounts, hence, why some MLM deals jumped on this side of market. I will agree, condo deals are abundant and in a recession, this should increase inventory of empty units, so we see a dual edge sword.

A recession will bring out bargain hunters, and I have no doubt if you are offering up to $3K savings per week, you will catch some bargain hunter customers, but with the internet, customers can do the same thing, and I can assure you, anyone can duplicate almost any deal with a just little research. Recessions bring out the bargain hunters, so noting wrong with being an aggregator in the industry, and technically, this is what you are describing your deal as, but the tighter things get, the more bargains that surface, so it will be interesting to watch which markets get hit the worse in the end.

With auto industry about to go under without gov. bailout, people are obviously not purchasing new cars, in fact, sales are at lowest level in 17 years, so this recession is far worse as the fear factor sweeps into consumer lives daily. You can have the greatest hybrid car at the lowest prices, and people are sitll waiting with unemployment rising daily, and again, this too has created another fear factor, so it is domino effect. But best aspect is more people look into MLM type home businesses in a recession as times get tough, so some of the travel deals which charge to become consultants and pay commissions on these fees may grow, but travel industry is hurting, I know plenty of agents who trying to survive, and that was my point, not whether one program is better than another, it was an industry wide appraisal of travel market.

Success to all, Mike