Twitter/Business Account?

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by treevee, Aug 7, 2010.

  1. treevee

    treevee Member

    Anyone know how to set up your facebook to have a business account so all of your friends don't have to be bothered by your biz?
  2. talfighel

    talfighel Silver Member

    Use a different user name and don't use your name so that when your friends do search your name online, they don't come across your business facebook account.

  3. lmiller14

    lmiller14 New Member

    Make a completely new profile and start adding people from facebook groups. You can also make a business page under your new profile name and advertise there.

    If you are going to advertise on facebook. Make sure only 25% of your status posts and content is for business, and the other 75% is for networking and showing your true personality.

    - Lark Miller
  4. dslavinski

    dslavinski New Member

    dont force your products or websites on people either, it only drives traffic away.. SO true lark it is important to show that you are human and build relationships with people, it is good for business.
  5. gjohansson1

    gjohansson1 New Member

    For Facebook, I recommend using a Page for your business. Only people who like your business and want updates will hit the "like" button.

    Personally, I have my page to promote my blog and my profile to converse with friends/business partners. I actually add any leads I receive in my autoresponder account into Facebook by email if they have an account so I can be more personal with all my leads.

    For Twitter, I recommend having a friend account and a business account. Keep the friend one friendly and get a professional wallpaper/background image for your business account.

    Either way you need 2 separate email addresses and I recommend Gmail for both because you can use the high quality tasks, calendar, and contacts options to organize your daily plan of action.

    You should see the checklist of daily tasks I have...

    I hope this helps!

    Thank you
  6. annalaurab

    annalaurab Member

    You actually cannot legally have 2 facebook accounts. If facebook finds out you do, they will cancel one of them without notice. Also you cannot use a profile for a business, you must use a page.
  7. gowriter

    gowriter Member

    Set up a fan page. you can't have more than one Facebook account. You could get into trouble for that.
  8. SDEntrepreneur

    SDEntrepreneur New Member

    Facebook Fan/Business Pages are very popular now. I consult on 30+ small to large businesses getting them Fans and helping the businesses generate leads/sales from Social Media.

    Get a custom Welcome Page, add many pictures content, videos, blogs and make sure to interact with your fans.

Share This Page