ummm did anyone notice ASD is shut down?

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by paxkine, Aug 1, 2008.

1. freebird658

freebird658 Member

I just got this info from the Ad Surf Zone:

I just got off of the phone with Customer Service and they told me that they were shut down because they are getting investigated. The Attorney General seems to think that this is a Ponzi Scheme and has froze all accounts. She informed me that ASD attorneys are working on this, but it was too late in the day to contact the right people that needed to be contacted. She is hoping that the site will be up and fully functional in the next couple of days. Lets everyone stay positive and hope that this is over soon!!!!

Not good at all![​IMG] [​IMG]

Golden Panda is still up and my ad package just posted to my account today![​IMG] I hope they don't target GP next!
  2. dbmaxx

dbmaxx New Member

Guess we'll all know for certain about ASD's legality once and for all when this dust settles
  3. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

From what I am hearing the site will be up early next week. Apparently some members have been complaining (to the Attorney General) about the payment to us & all info is now being provided to the AG office.

Everyone is getting paid, however some members don't understand how this growth has slowed the payment process a bit.

At least when this is resolve soon..We will have more creditbility all the way up to the US AG's office...

ASD lawyers are meeting with the gov. lawyers to go over the books and to resolve this matter as quickly as possible
  4. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I spoke to Customer Service a few minutes ago...

The line they are following is:

"ASD is not a scam. It is being Investigated by the AG. The site should be up next week."

Who really knows...we will find out next week...IF the Dust settles by then...

My gut feeling tells me it won't...hopefully I am wrong...

Otherwise I may have to list another Steak for Sale!
  5. opendomain

opendomain New Member

Wow I'm really sorry to hear that. I know a lot of people have vested a lot of time and a lot of money into ASD. Like you say though, if they pass this it will definitely lend TONS of credibility to the program. ...I was going to get in on a call this weekend too [​IMG] I guess I'll just go ahead and postpone that till next weekend assuming everything is ok.

BTW it is actually good that the accounts have been frozen. On the off chance that ASD is a scam at least the owners will not have been able to liquidate and run. SO if they do go belly up at least you'll have a shot at getting some of your money back.

I hope it works out for the sake of those people who gambled on this.
  6. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Lets keep a good thought
    that they will get it straightened out quickly.

"No weapon formed against us will prosper"
  7. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I think if this is a Legit Organization who is being Questioned by the AG, then Andy Bowdoin would send us all an email within the next day or two. If this is turns out to be some sort of "scam", at least the ASD account is frozen
  8. hammerx3

hammerx3 New Member

luvtravel,

I agree. The best thing we can do for our own well being right now is to keep a positive attitude and hope for the best. For the most part, we all believed in this company this morning and this should not change that.
  9. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I will on a Conference Call right in a few minutes to find out what is going on
  10. EnjoyingItAll

EnjoyingItAll New Member

Why is the U.S. Attorney's Office located
    in the District of Columbia?
    How is ASD affiliated with the District of Columbia?

Is it like Golden Panda being affiliated with Nevus?
  11. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

When the AG starts getting a bunch of calls they have to pause things and investigate. That's standard procedure. We know ASD is not a scam so they will be cleared. You can't shut a company down for poor customer service etc. If it was the SEC that was shutting it down then I would be worried.

Also, I deposited a $9000 ASD check today and got a $12000 check that I have not deposited yet. What should I do? Any ideas?
  12. antwan

antwan New Member

The good news is that they have the same attorney who handled the same situation for Amway working on this. If it's a positive result at least we will know it's "legit" and we can move forward with confidence. If not, then it will be an unfortunate situtation for many, many people.
  13. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

vikingfan: Also, I deposited a $9000 ASD check today and got a $12000 check that I have not deposited yet. What should I do? Any ideas?

Don't do any deposits since chances are their bank account is Frozen by the AG.
  14. hutch1c

hutch1c New Member

EnjoyingItAll: Why is the U.S. Attorney's Office located
    in the District of Columbia?
    How is ASD affiliated with the District of Columbia?

Is it like Golden Panda being affiliated with Nevus?

=Washington DC, it's our government investigating
  15. freebird658

freebird658 Member

16. tmorrison

tmorrison Member

I GUESS THIS IS THE FINAL TEST TO THE CREDIBILITY AND LEGALITY OF ASD...
  17. vikingfan

vikingfan New Member

18. freebird658

freebird658 Member

Thanks Dillon for sharing the audio with us. After listening I feel more confident now that ASD will come out on top and will be better and stronger than ever! Now for a sigh of relief![​IMG] [​IMG]
  19. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Hi All,

Having also listened to both calls and spoken to the office, this is believed to be a complaint by a disgruntled member who hadnt been able to cash out or receive their ad packages from around Miami time.

We will be told when they know!

However it is not as serious as it looks. This happened about 6 months ago with another complaint and the company was smaller and less know. The AG checks out the books and when they are found to be ok and legal then the site goes back up.

The Lawyers are happy with progress, no one is panicking.

Another bump in the road for this fast growing company which will leave it stronger and this time with a highly visible AG clearance which might quieten down a few of the anonymous and less anonymous critics.

I have a question for one or two anonymous ladies. no sig link, no name no details - why the tremendous interest and obvious glee at the temporary misfortune of this company?

The only thing I could criticize Andy Bowdoin for is that he judges people by his own standards and assumes people are honest and ethical in business, unless proved otherwise. He should get to know some of the sharpey work at home "millionaires" who love to see and write rubbish about this company
  20. alasycia

alasycia New Member

www.asdforyou.com

this asd information site will be kept fairly up to date - so will be worth checking.

Jenny