Unique Blog Templates and HTML Coding

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by j11_cook, Aug 2, 2010.

1. j11_cook New Member

I have recently been playing around with changing my blog template and formatting up some. I am looking for a template with magazine style formatting that would be appealing to men or women. I would like it to be something unique, instead of the average everyday thing that the blog sites offer to you. I need it to be compatible with blogspot blogs. What I have tried so far has been unsuccessful. I found one that I really liked and applied it to my blog site, but I was not able to get my own information on there to replace the preset parts of the template.

I just need something that is easy to use and put my own information in the appropriate places on the template. It needs to be straightforward and easy to figure out where to put what in the html coding part. I understand a little about html formatting, but not enough for anything fancy.

If you have suggestions, please reply.........
  2. mountainmom5 Gold Member

Have you tried using hostgator (it's only like $9 a month) and then you can host an unlimited amount of wordpress blogs and usually you can do whatever you want with them if you host it yourself...as far as html.

I am still not making my own html pages though... I just use heatmap themes.[IMG]
  3. j11_cook New Member

So what is heatmap themes. Is it something that can be used on Blogspot?

I'll also check out hostgator to see what they have. $9 won't break the bank......
  4. mountainmom5 Gold Member

j11_cook: So what is heatmap themes. Is it something that can be used on Blogspot?
    I have never used it with blogspot. Not did I pay for it. Every time I am ready to set up a new blog I just use the heatmap theme that is in the wordpress theme thingie.[IMG]
  5. j11_cook New Member

I think I have decided to keep the template that I already have. Instead, I just added several different pages and content to it. I think that this will make it more appealing to a variety of different readers looking for work at home opportunities and/or ways to improve their own current online business.

I have included free tips, free e-books, paid work at home tools, advice, etc. I think that this will make a world of difference.[IMG] We'll see.......