Using Brainstorm It with SBI

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by swampqueen, Feb 10, 2012.

1. swampqueen New Member

Hi all. Newbie here.
    I've visited this site a few times, and been very impressed with the quality posts that are here.

I signed up with SBI, but have zero computer sense. I'm having trouble with understanding the brainstorming process.

I've been a distributor with an MLM for several years and decided it was time to get serious and build a website. This means I already have product to sell, so I just need to know what I'm doing as far as keywords are concerned.

I understand "value" and "supply", but I don't understand what figure amount I should look for, and why that amount.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks.
  2. happywife Gold Member

Hi April,

Congrats on getting started with SBI. Don't worry. It will all start to make more and more sense as you work your way through the Action Guide and get the hang of what you're doing.

There are only a few SBIers in this particular forum, and although I'm quite happy to try answering your questions, you'll get a lot more help by asking SBI specific questions in the SBI private forum.

Have you visited there yet? The SBI forum is divided into sections according to how far along you are in the process (Action Guide). If you look in the first section for Days 1-5, you'll see a section called Interpreting Keyword Supply, Demand, Profitability. There's a wealth of info in that section and you can ask your specific questions that are related to your niche.

There's also a an article about Finding Your Niche in the Tips and Techniques section that is specific to those of us who are building a site with MLM in mind.

Now for your question...

First of all, I hope that you've checked to make sure that your MLM company allows you to have your own website (not one that they provide for you). Some MLM companies have rigid guidelines that forbid their distributors from mentioning their products on a private website.

Just double check on that before going any further in your brainstorming. There are ways to work around it, but it can be very tricky. I'd just hate to see you choose your domain, and begin building a site only to find out that the company comes down hard on you and you either have to shut it down or leave the company (it's happened!).

Sorting through keywords is one of my most favorite tasks. I love doing keyword research! [IMG] The numbers you're looking for regarding supply and demand will vary depending on what you are trying to deduce.

If you're looking for your main site concept keyword, you want a demand that is in the tens of thousands. You don't really have to worry about the supply (competition) for that particular phrase because the majority of your visitors will find you for all the other phrases you are going to be using to build your site.

For the Tier 2 pages (basically the navbar section of subcategories), you'll want a demand that is usually in the thousands (1000+) and a supply in the hundreds (the lower the better, of course, but under 1000 for sure.

For the Tier 3 pages (those that will fall under each subcategory and be linked to them), you'll be looking for keywords that fall in the range of 200+ for demand and under 200 for the supply.

This is just a general guideline and can be tweaked to some extent depending on your own niche topic and what the brainstormer is coming up with for you.

For some topics that I write about, I don't even touch a phrase that is over 100 in supply (competition) because there are so many good ones that have a good demand and very little competition.

They are the easiest ones to win in the search engine rankings so if you have plenty of those to work with as potential T3 pages, you've found a sweet spot!

Hope that helps you some. I do encourage you to take advantage of the SBI forum. You'll be glad you did.

All the best with your website!
    Blessings,
    Angie
  3. talfighel Silver Member

Hi April,

Welcome to the forum.

I have never used SBI before but heard some great positive feedback about them.

If I was new and wanted to build my MLM business, what I would do is not focus on building my own website. I know that many of the MLM opportunities give each person their own link so I would take that link and promote it online in as many places as possible.

I would also advice you to track your advertising to see which places bring you the most sign ups and traffic and then just advertise there.

One good way to bring traffic to your opportunity site is through PPC.

All the best,

Tal
  4. swampqueen New Member

Angie and Tai, thank you for your help. I feel a lot more confident, now, so maybe things will fall into place a little easier.

My MLM is fine with personal websites, as long as the company name doesn't appear on the first page, so I'm good to go with that.

As far as PPC, that may be down the road, but I'm SO excited about SBI, that I just have to give it all I've got!

Thanks again! [IMG]
  5. happywife Gold Member

Good to hear you've checked with your MLM company and they are lenient.

I'd definitely steer clear of PPC until you're firmly established with your website. That's a completely different learning curve and you want to be sure that you get some really good training on PPC before diving in. Otherwise, it's a good way to lose a lot of money fast. :lo:

Can't wait to see your SBI website once you've got it going.

Blessings,
    Angie