Using Internet Traffic Exchange web sites

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by pcarter62, Aug 11, 2005.

1. pcarter62

pcarter62 New Member

I would like to start using Traffic Exchange web sites to promote my
    Internet marketing business.

When I put "Internet marketing traffic exchanges" into Google, I found over 4,000,000 pages!

Can anyone help me to choose the best ones, or suggest sites that have worked well for you in the past?

I realize that I can just sign up for the top 10 or 20, but I would like to do a bit more research first.

Any help/advice/thoughts would be most sincerely appreciated.

Phil Carter
  2. egause

egause New Member

Hi Phil,

I've found two that have earned my recommendation (both manual surf):

TrafficSwarm
    [Affiliate link removed - Admin]

Basically, a TrafficSwarm page contains 8 text ads. You view each one (20 seconds each) and earn 1-5 credits, earning you 18-25 credits per view. If you spend 30 minutes daily surfing, you would earn 18-250 credits each day.

WebBizInsider
    [Affiliate link removed - Admin]

You earn 1 credit per page viewed (20 seconds each). No biggy there, but you also get the occassional WebBizInsider email that offer 30-50 credits for viewing the links included. I haven't really kept tabs on this one, but I think I've earne as much as 600 credits in one week.

Hope this helps
  3. Paul

Paul New Member

The biggest thing you want to look for with traffic exchanges is how good the anticheat mechanisms are. I've spoken with some of the people who work with the programmers at TrafficSwarm AND I've used TrafficSwarm in the past (I mainly run ppc traffic now) and I believe it has one of the best anticheat mechanisms of all the TEs.
  4. chrism

chrism New Member

I like trafficsurfer a lot. Its a new site and I personally like the script

www.trafficsurfer.net (I am being a good little poster and not having a ref link [​IMG]
  5. Jesper Werenskjold

Jesper Werenskjold New Member

Just want to say that I got a lot of good traffick from trafficswarm too... and no aff. link here either [​IMG]
  6. sweetjono

sweetjono New Member

Hello

Trafficswarm is very effective, you should get very good result with it!
  7. Jeanne

Jeanne New Member

There are alot of them,
    but u can check for youself who are sending "real traffic"!

most of them promiss like free 10.000 hits when signing,
    but that won't ad up in the end.

I've looked at some of them you'll find on my list,
    if you have doubt just search the web/forums.

Well let me know of you progress.
  8. easttech

easttech New Member

Hi Phil,

As you know there are lots to choose from. I found one called Trumptraffic at www.trumptraffic.com that I use on a regular basis to promote my website. I use others as well and tailor my links so I know where my traffic is coming from. I get more signups currently from trumptraffic than any other traffic exchange.

Andrew
  9. gary99

gary99 New Member

I think Traffic Swarm is mostly useless. If you've ever used it, think about it. You go onto the site, and you surf for 10 minutes to build up points. But do you actually even look at the web sites? I know I don't. Traffic Swarm may generate hits, but they're not going to be useful hits.

Think about other ways to generate "real" links to your site. Free directories are a good place to start. I've put together a list on my site.

[Link removed - Admin]

Good luck!
    Gary
  10. philena30

philena30 New Member

Traffic exchanges are ok to increase your counter, so it will appear you have alot of traffic coming to your site, but that's about it! Oh.. and it helps you learn more about your competition and other business opportunities, that's what I use it for.
  11. who67

who67 New Member

Have you tried the Avant browser? http://www.avantbrowser.com/

With this beauty you can surf multiple free traffic exchanges at the same time.
  12. mrworkathome

mrworkathome New Member

Personally, I think there's better ways to generate traffic than with exchanges, but i don't agree they're useless. You just have to know how to work them. A fellow named Robert Puddy is an expert at how to use them effectively.
  13. netjobs

netjobs Member

Try www.linkmarket.net its a good site for link exchanges and makes your site some more above in the search engines...
  14. internetcash

internetcash New Member

I would suggest that you really look close at them. Most require that you "surf for credits" yourself. This can be very time consuming. So you want to make sure that your efforts go rewarded.

Here is my best advice...I've been doing this for a while:
    Chose only sites that make you click on something after you view the ad to go onto the next ad. (I am not sure of the technical definition of this process). That way you are assured that your ad is being viewed before someone else can go on.

I like traffig.com. There are others, it's just trial and unfortunately error. [​IMG]

There is one site that I joined early on that you don't even have to look at the ads..you just set it to run for a half hour or so. Well, this makes no sense. That means when my ad comes up...people probably aren't really looking at it either.
  15. who67

who67 New Member

Quoting: internetcashChose only sites that make you click on something after you view the ad to go onto the next ad.

I somewhat disagree with you. I use auto traffic exchanges all the time.

Quoting: internetcashThere is one site that I joined early on that you don't even have to look at the ads..you just set it to run for a half hour or so. Well, this makes no sense. That means when my ad comes up...people probably aren't really looking at it either.

The way to take advantage of these is to use them to boost your rankings on top sites. I belong to several high traffic top sites and the more traffic you send to a topsite the higher your ranking will be. On some sites that means sending thousands of hits every month just to be in the top 10.
  16. polson37

polson37 New Member

Hello, the best site i have found out there to use is www.harlandscripts.com I found it the most easist site to use for all my stuff check it out they will even help you when your stuck. Pat
  17. Benjamin Scott

Benjamin Scott New Member

Believe me traffic exchanges are very effective. Make sure that you use them to build your list and follow up with your subscribers. If you use them to promote an affiliate page then you are wasting your time because the person viewing your page does not have time for it. They are trying to promote their own page.

Create a small catchy page that offers a gift like a free ebook or report in exchange for an email address.

I use traffic exchanges everyday. They work great if you use them as I mentioned above. If you are not going to use them to collect email addresses make sure that the page that you are promoting is a short splash page with not more than one sentence in it that catches the attention of the surfer.

I do this every day and I have about 1,000 members in my membership site that is only three months old with a nice amount of upgraded members. I expect to have a couple of thousand members by the time my site reaches 12 months old.
  18. simssoul

simssoul New Member

well i tried it. expect very little from them. they say big stuff, but deliver to little. very dissapointed with it. i would rate it 2/10
  19. Payit4ward

Payit4ward New Member

In Response to traffic exchanges I wanted to let you know that although I do use trafficswarm and see results I was shocked when i started with 10khit4unow.com I was looking at my hit tracker the other day and was floored to see how many hits I received from this traffic exchange. Also to follow up with someone elses response, unlike trafficswarm 10khits4unow allows you to go to the next site right away rather than having to go back to the start page and click on the new link and wait.

Hope this helps!!
  20. WealthyWAHM

WealthyWAHM Member

I own a traffic exchange (http://www.surftosuccess.com), so I may be a bit biased, but I think exchanges are fantastic ways to advertise your business!

Aside from SurfToSuccess, a few other notables that I like are StartXchange and HitSafari.

HitSafari happens to be ranked #1 by Traffic Hoopla for it's quality of traffic and StartXchange has in excess of 20,000 members- so that's a lot of eyeballs looking at your website!

Just as a suggestion, if quality advertising is what you are looking for, stick with the MANUAL traffic exchanges. Also be sure to use an eyecatching splash page instead of just advertising your affiliate page or standard webpage. You only have 10-30 seconds to catch a surfer's attention before they move onto the next page, so you have to make sure that your ad stands out. [​IMG]

Regards,

Christy