Using Safelists For Traffic?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by traverus_travel, Jul 10, 2008.

1. traverus_travel

traverus_travel New Member

Hi,

I just found out how to use the filters feature in gmail to manage the emails I receive from my safelist advertising.

I know that there is a big debate about whether safelist advertising works or not, but I feel that they do. I've gotten great results and sign ups using this method, but it was really exhausting trying to find the "credit"emails.

Utilizing safelists is a great FREE way to market, and if you're doing it correctly, it will bring you the funds to do more expensive forms of advertising, like PPC (Pay Per Click) advertising with search engines. You should also reinvest some of your earnings into upgrading to Pro, so that you won't have to read emails for credits.

If you do want to utilize safelist advertising, you can sign up as a free member. Look for safelists that are credit based, and look for safelists where there is a high percentage of free members, vs paid members, because the free members will have to read your emails in order to get credits to send their emails.

I highly recommend that you use gmail. They don't block the emails, the email capacity is very generous, and you can use the filter feature to get only the credit emails.

Credit safelists are the only way to go in my opinion, because the reader has to click a link and stay your web page for an allotted amount of time.

I only send out my emails with a link to a lead capture page, so that I can get opt ins and build my list of prospects, so that I can market other products and my main business, which is my travel business.

I market educational products geared toward helping people get traffic to their websites, as well as free or low cost methods for getting leads for their online or home based businesses.

So, if you choose to use safelists, only send emails with credits.

So, find a couple of good safelists to join. I recommend Got Safelist, and Adtactics. I also send solo ads. I find that Top Surfer is very, very responsive. Great results from them.

Anyway, after you join, you will receive a confirmation email. Open the email and click the link at the top of the email that says show details. Highlight the senders address and copy.

At the top of the web page to the right of the gmail logo you will see a small blue link that says create a filter.

Click that, and a window will open. In the field that says FROM, paste the senders address.

In the field that says HAS THE WORDS, type "Click to earn credits"
    (without the quotes)

Click the next step button.

You should see a page that says choose action.

Check the box that says Skip the inbox.
    Check the box that says apply the label:

At the pull down menu, select the text "new label"

In the pop up box, name the label after the safelist.

Click Create Filter.

Now, all of the credit emails will go directly to your filter.

Click the activation link in the email to begin receiving emails.

Delete the email.

Now, any emails that arrive in your inbox can be deleted.

Ok, so now that you've set up your filters, anytime you want to send a credit email to the whole list, you can open up one of the safelist filter links you have created, go to the oldest emails first (the credits expire after 5-7 days), build up your credits, and your good to go!

Troubleshooting:

Check the first batch of emails, and if your still seeing credit emails that are not being filtered, check the credit link wording. If it doesn't match, go to your filters, click the "edit filters" link, and when the screen opens, click on filters. Look for the safelist name, and then click edit. You can change the wording, apply to all existing conversations, and you're set.

If you have any trouble with this, feel free to PM me.

Hope this helps! [​IMG]
  2. rferrall

rferrall New Member

I had a lot of success with safelists back in the day - made my first dollar online (and many more after that) through safelists... but that was back in 2002...
  3. traverus_travel

Well- they still work really well for me, I suppose it depends on what your offer is...
  4. kaazoom

kaazoom New Member

Great advice! I use safelists too. But as you say, clicking on all the links to get credits can be take a lot of time. Gmail is a great email service, and setting up filters can save a load of time.

The other thing to do is to go to your contact email account. the emails sent here usually have more credits assigned to them. Starting with thses can save a lot of time building up credits.

Paul
  5. TheWinner

TheWinner New Member

Hey guys

I am having good success with Safelists. But you need to know how to use them. It is not post one ad, and leave it for a few days. You need consistent, daily submission.

The great thing about safelists are this, the members are very targeted.

You may argue that everyone is out to promote thier own products of services, yes they are, but while I have clicked on links to gain credits, there has always been the odd mail that has grabbed my attention, and I have joined the list, and eventually purchased the product if it is of value to me.

The same has happened to me. Others have joined my list, and joined me in my business.

The key to safelist success is 4 points:

1. Good, CATCHY Headline
    2. Good Copy
    3. Valuable product/service
    4. Consistent, daily submission

There are a lot of successful internet marketers and MLM business owners I know of that use Safelists and enjoy huge success with them.

I personally think they are a great way to market yourself and your business.

To your success guys!

Kiran
  6. traverus_travel

Thanks so much for your response, I know that alot of people feel that safelists are old school, but they DO work. I'm glad they are working for others too [​IMG]
  7. robbadobba82

robbadobba82 New Member

Hey Everybody,

This post is awesome! Thank you so much for recommending the ones you use. I have accounts with all of them now and I'm seeing traffic like crazy. No opt-ins yet but working on it [​IMG]
  8. Bundberg

Bundberg New Member

Safelists deliver semi-targeted traffic, though they are mostly focused onn network marketing, i have discovered that ClickBank products convert there qute well.

Still I recommend to focus more on SE traffic because 100 SE visitors a day is as good as 1000s of safelist visitors.
  9. stellaandreapar

stellaandreapar New Member

I hope people will convert though. That is the most important thing.
  10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Safelist marketing secret I used a long time ago that will help you get opt-ins.

Provide some sort of marketing tip or resource to the leads.
    Then you'll have them on you list and can share your biz.
  11. eabraha3

eabraha3 New Member

One thing that helps with safelists and traffic exchanges is if you offer training to help utilize these systems well. It's not likely you are going to do well directly advertising your system, because quite simply, everyone else is there doing the same thing. They are probably looking for someone to look at their site, not looking for someone else's site to join. However, if you provide a training device to help them use the safelist in an effective manner, or how to get traffic (since people are on safelists for traffic reasons), then they are far more willing to listen to you. I mean, in these type of sites, just like anything else, you have to understand your audience and what they need. Then while giving them what they need, you show them how your business opportunity is part of what they need, know what I mean? I've seen a guy on the traffic exchanges who did this perfectly, and hell, the training on how to get traffic exchange traffic was pretty awesome.
  12. RoundSquare

RoundSquare New Member

Hi,

I have been reading through this discussion on using safelists. Personally, I have used safelists in the past and I don't seem to be getting good results.

Why don't you consider paying for someone entry's into a program instead. If you believe this program has potential, why not pay for someone's entry. Typically, it is a small amount - usually $5 for the basic entry level. This will remove all resistance and fear of losing money from that potential downline and as a new member, he/she can take time to explore the program in more detail, listen in on the conferences, ask all the questions, interact with other members, etc until he/she is satisfied. Once they are convinced of the potential and long term viability of the program, they will progress through all the levels of the program.

Isn't this simpler than using safelists and a more direct way of recruiting? I am starting on this way of recruitment now.

Bernard
  13. Marcine

Marcine New Member

Hi Can anyone suggest some good safelists they are currently using ?

I like the idea of creating a filter in google email to keep them seperate.

Are there any safelists where you can read the email on thier website ?

Thanks
  14. webgenie

webgenie New Member

I am trying out topsurfer right now. I'm just starting to check them out myself.
  15. PeterFrosen

PeterFrosen New Member

"1. Good, CATCHY Headline
    2. Good Copy
    3. Valuable product/service
    4. Consistent, daily submission"

Gotta Agree with you on that.
  16. webgenie

webgenie New Member

Well, been working on traffic exchange at topsurfer - I notice I see ALOT of the same messages over and over and over. Methinks I may be needin' to check out a different exchange site.