Very new!

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by JessicaLynn, Mar 10, 2012.

1. JessicaLynn

JessicaLynn New Member

I'm VERY eager to try to start working from home. I have a job, but a lot of free time around it. I don't have any awesome computer skills, yet I'm not completely lost when it comes to the majority of computer knowledge. So I'm trying out this forum to maybe get advice of what to do and where to start. I have read a lot of advice that says "find your passion" A lot easier said than done.

I'm willing to work hard and often.

Please help!
  2. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Jessica,

A lot of the work at home positions I see posted are customer service related. Do you have any experience working with people? That may be an area to start looking at.

Good luck. [​IMG]
  3. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Jessica,

It's a great idea to use your "spare" time to build yourself an online business. I know quite a few people who use their spare time playing some type of "farm" game on Facebook, etc, and I think to myself, "If only they would put that same time toward building their own niche website about a subject they enjoy..."

Some of these people are "family" and they actually could really use the extra money! It drives me crazy. [​IMG]

Anyway, you can definitely take your computer skills and use them to build a second income for you in the hours you have free. You work at your own pace, as and when you can, and before you know it, you've got yourself a delightful home business that makes you some steady income (even when you're NOT working!).

"Finding your passion" is a phrase that is used quite often, and I agree with you that it is easier said than done. [​IMG] Really, if you don't know your "passion" starting out, don't worry about it. Just think about things you really enjoy - it could be a hobby, a sport, a special quirky interest you have - almost anything really.

It could even be something you had a problem with in the past and learned to overcome it by one means or another - a bad habit, a health condition, etc.

People go online looking for information about just about everything! Example: This week we discovered our dog had a case of ringworm. I pretty much already knew what to do, but even so, you can guess what I did - I did an internet search to find out how to treat it easily and safely without going to the vet.

Become an information provider around a specific topic and you will be able to monetize that information through recommending affiliate products, your own e-book, Google Adsense income, etc. There are many avenues to monetize once you've got the visitors seeking information about a problem or an interest.

My first website was about chocolate candy. [​IMG] My hubby would probably say it was a passion of mine, but it's really just an interest that I thought would be fun to build a business around.

Since learning how to build a niche (topic) website business, I've built several more and now building the websites has become almost a passion! I really enjoy it. I particularly enjoy the income they make!

I had very little knowledge starting out about how to successfully create a website that actually generates lots of free targeted traffic. I found a free ebook that helped me get started with an understanding of the whole concept and pointed me in the direction of SBI (SiteBuildIt).

It turned out that SBI was a blessing that had everything I needed to build a successful business and taught me just about everything I know. Love the program!

I would suggest you at least read their free ebook and see if that type of online business building appeals to you. It takes a lot of work for sure! But, it's really rather fun and it definitely pays off in the end.

Wishing you all the best on whichever direction you take.
    Blessings,
    Angie
  4. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

There are many ways to earn a great income online. You just have to find what you like the most.

Back in 2002 I started with a program called the Plug In Profit Site and it is all about online network marketing. I really think that it is STILL the best way to go for anyone new who wants to make money online but just don't know where to start.

It sounds like I am personally promoting it myself and I am because I totally believe in it 100%. It basically builds you a website of your own without you actually have to do it yourself and you will earn not earn 1 income stream, but 5.

See the work at home niche online or home business niche is always on the rise as people lose their jobs, sick of their jobs, can't afford things in life and want a change, want a better financial future for themselves and their families, etc.

You just have to position yourself in front of these people and your income will SOAR to new heights. The home business MLM niche online does just that.

Before you decide to start some sort of an online "business" or "opportunity", really encourage you to a great book so that you get your thinking RIGHT.

"Think and grow rich" By Napoleon Hill

Before you start any endavour online, read that book FIRST.

Tal
  5. Kyle_K

Kyle_K Member

Welcome to the site. Feel free to ask questions. It's the best way to learn.
  6. rmfine

rmfine New Member

JessicaLynn: I'm VERY eager to try to start working from home. I have a job, but a lot of free time around it. I don't have any awesome computer skills, yet I'm not completely lost when it comes to the majority of computer knowledge. So I'm trying out this forum to maybe get advice of what to do and where to start. I have read a lot of advice that says "find your passion" A lot easier said than done.

I'm willing to work hard and often.

Please help!

Hi Jessica,

Welcome to the forum. I'm also new to this place but have been involved in work from home opportunities and network marketing for almost 10 years now. In my life I only had a boss
    for 6 months and vowed to never work for someone again.

If you know what you are doing, it is definitely the way to go, but don't let anyone tell you it's easy. No, you have to work at it, but the rewards are worth the effort.

Just like anything in life, if you want to be good at something, you need a good teacher...then everything's possible.

I wish you success!
    Take care,

Ric
  7. makemoneyonline

makemoneyonline New Member

I'm involved in cost per lead and affiliate programs. I find that those are the easiest to deal with. But you'll find this is a very helpful forum. [​IMG]
  8. Dbldiamond54

Dbldiamond54 New Member

Main thing is no matter what you are offered or shown and consider. Before you spend a dime to get involved with it or allow someone to entice you into something. Always do a thorough check on it. Research the owners of the business. Google it, check you tube , check their Alexa ranking is a good idea too. Does it involve hard selling something to your own family or friends that is tough work to do right there. Even offline.
  9. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

Jessica, you can find your passion by actually doing even if it's by "trial and error". Action is the one part of the equation you need to add to dreaming, imagining, desiring and planning. As Tal wrote, you should get your hands on that book and any others in the same category.
  10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

I would share that establishing multiple income streams is wise. Don't by into the thinking that you only have to do one biz or one type of biz model. Very often doing multiple income streams is just a matter of finding things that gel. Such as a marketing tools and resources that will also generate you some money along with your core biz.

For me network marketing is worth the effort simply because other than trading the financial markets the power of leveraging your efforts can't be beat. Thus, this may be an area you may want to pursue. Success is a matter of learning to be consistent and effective at your marketing and letting your networking biz "savoy" evolve as you stay the course for success.

All the best
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Welcome Jessica! I ditto what Angie said. [​IMG]
  12. Romann

Romann New Member

Hi
    It does happen that we don't really know what our passion is and I would say finding it for some people may be one of the greatest challenges in life.
    I think there is two types of activities we do:
    Things we have to do and
    things we want to do
    The more aware you become of your true potential the more things you like will happen in your life.
    We can't keep doing what we are expected to do not believing that our true desires will become reality.
    I realized that to be able to truly help another person and make their life better is the best thing we can do. So it is better to start looking for purpose in the area of serving others first and money will follow behind passion( If you only ask for it).

Absolutely agree that Think And Grow Rich is a must read.
  13. Goosebump

Goosebump New Member

What do you guys think about "work at home" businesses that are not necessarily affiliate/other company related? Like buying/selling things on CL/Ebay or just starting a business around something you enjoy doing?

I personally really dislike all of the affiliate and online marketing stuff because 99% of it is crap.
  14. happywife

happywife Gold Member

Hi Goosebump,

Welcome on board. Sure, you can create an online business buying and selling hard goods (which is what I think you are talking about as opposed to "affiliate marketing "crap"), ;) but you may not realize that you can do affiliate marketing with hard goods too.

For example, I love chocolate, so my first website "online business" is all about that specific niche. That website is chocolate-candy-mall (dot) com and I use affiliate marketing to earn commissions on chocolate products. It works well for me because I live in Australia doing "mission" work and don't really have the time or the inclination to make and sell my own products or even bother buying and posting products (particularly internationally).

However, if you already have a product of your own or access to a particular type of products at really good prices, there's no reason why you couldn't go with that as opposed to promoting someone else's goods or services.

It's definitely a big plus if you choose something that you really enjoy.

Blessings,
    Angie
  15. EarnMoneyLoseWeight

EarnMoneyLoseWeight New Member

Consistency is the Key! Find your passion and what you enjoy and it will get you where you want to go. Don't let anyone tell you you can't do it an be persistent. Hope this help you to get motivated and find a great Business Opportunity.
  16. Goosebump

Goosebump New Member

Thanks Angie - that makes sense.
  17. Goosebump

Goosebump New Member

Thanks Angie - that makes sense.
  18. Mikka

Mikka New Member

Hey Jessica,

I think the main tips have been said above.
    Try to choose your passion, define what you really like and want ot do an get out there looking for a opportiunity to do it!

Whatever you choose to do it will be hard work and you must stay focused.

And always make you sure to train yourself and to learn as much as possible about what you're doing. That can make a big difference.

Another thing is to check who you listen to. Check if the people selling and teaching you stuff have succeeded with what they sell/teach. Check who they are and if you can trust them. Don't listen to everybody. There are too many wannabe gurus out there.

And once you found a business model that suites you, stick to it. Don't give up just because things aren't the way you want them to be.

good luck and let us know ;)
  19. miller111

miller111 New Member

I think you can do simple data entry work. It will be a good experience.
  20. Miss B

Miss B New Member

Hey! Good on you for making the first step and getting out there to look.
    I agree, I think its a waste of time buying and selling on CL and Ebay. sure some things might make you some money but its far and few between i think. I do think the best way to start is to find some training and learn what to do first, and from there you can find what it is you think you have the most knowledge of or are most interested in helping people with and just finding a way to help them. you can create a membership site and get people to sign up as you drip feed them information for $. I was thinking about looking into that.
    What do you guys think about membership sites as a way to make money?