Video marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by cjohnson64, Mar 30, 2010.

1. cjohnson64

cjohnson64 New Member

How effective video marketing is? I'm new to web promotion so your response is highly appreciated.

Cheers,
    carmen
  2. malibumentor

malibumentor New Member

It can be pretty effective. There's a learning curve to doing
    it well though. Just get started and shoot videos.

Converting articles into slideshow videos is pretty much
    a backlinking technique and shouldn't be taken too seriously
    as a video marketing method.

You really need to get in front of the camera yourself to
    make video marketing work for you. No hiding.

It doesn't seem to hurt to be a pretty woman, btw - so
    if you've got a pretty woman around you could just use
    her as yours spokesperson.
  3. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

It really depends on the kind of product you are marketing and the type of video you are referring to. A lot of internet marketers are successful with Camtasia, which captures video of anything on your computer screen. If you are going to point the camera at yourself, I would recommend taking a look at what other people in your niche are doing, and do something similar to what they are doing, as long as what they are doing seems persuasive to you.
  4. carterstory

carterstory New Member

Video Marketing can be very effective, it serves a dual purpose, you can put your self out there on those pages and link back to your main page.. AND you can put your video on your main page putting a face to the name. This helps build a relationship with the viewer which is KEY, they can get a sense for who you are.
  5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

Hi Carmen,

Video marketing is very effective but you can not reply on 1 video or a little more to bring you great traffic. I have about 10 or so videos on YouTube. All of them bring me very little traffic per month but one has already 13,000 views since I posted it last year.

So there is no rule saying that any video can bring you lots of traffic. You just need to do new ones all the time and be very informative when you present your info to your viewers.

Tal
  6. liber8life

liber8life New Member

Video Marketing is one of the effective strategy in Internet Marketing. It increases brand awareness, drives online engagement and creates viewer action leading to more inquiries and more sales.
    robinincarolina likes this.
  7. lmiller14

lmiller14 New Member

video marketing is 60% more effective than your basic website page.
    I'd say it's very important!!
  8. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If you want to get more free traffic then video marketing should be a fraction of what you do online. There are other things you can do online to get free traffic like article marketing, classifieds, and even optimizing your site so that it gets ranked in the search engines.

Tal
    CoastalProfit likes this.
  9. Greatwoman

Greatwoman New Member

I'll start video marketing today and see if there'll be any improvement in traffic.
  10. FreeCashMan

FreeCashMan Active Member

Video marketing has been working very well for me lately. Youtube is a search engine for many, right behind Google. Just use good keywords in your title. Some videos will work better than others just like articles but if you have a clickable link in your description you can get traffic to your site that can lead to making money.
  11. CoastalProfit

CoastalProfit New Member

Great answer!!! for traffic to site
  12. mreese601

mreese601 Member

Video is a marketing technique that will help you grow your sales quickly when done the correct way!
  13. tkyles1009

tkyles1009 Member

It comes down more to how effective is your keyword research and which sites are you sharing your videos with as well.
  14. Kevin Maher

Kevin Maher New Member

If a picture is worth a thousand words, what is the worth of a video? With that being said, it's important to keep your videos short 3mins or less and to the point - people's attention span these days is a lot shorter than it used to be so it's important to capture their attention right away and keep them intrigued throughout your video. I find it's important to mix humor with your videos as well because people love to be entertained and if you're serious always - people will tune you out eventually. Have a purpose for the video and understand what you want your viewer to get out of watching the video - and ensure your video reflects that. Hope that helps!
  15. Video Marketing is very effective in promoting a website, product or service. It is more interactive than reading articles. Video gives more traffic to a site especially if you have a high quality video and the best part is when it becomes viral.
  16. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

Video rules now that Google has introduced Panda and Penguin attack on websites, and since they purchased Youtube, it was obvious from that move that video was the future in marketing, and since this thread was started, it is more obvious than ever. Just look at search results on almost any topic, what ranks the highest now, videos, even if garbage, anything with a video ranks better than all the SEO work in the world which is now a losing battle. Go video if you want your site indexed on top of organic search results with Google. For now, videos are what Google favors most.
  17. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

When all of them turn to video, I'm sure Google will start ranking content sites higher again :) Rather than following the trend, I guess its wise to create content that people will flock to. People use Google for information. Youtube already have their own search engine. So I'm sure that this is just a passing trend. Or may be Google is trying to divert some traffic to Youtube to create more awareness about it. Once they accomplish their goal I'm pretty sure they'll reduce Youtube listings in serps.
  18. YAGOOFT

YAGOOFT Member

No doubt, Google pulls the strings in the search industry, and when everyone discovers that videos is the best strategy to get indexed, which more and more are, it will be interesting to see what the next best strategy will be. The internet is a constant moving target and what worked yesterday does not mean it will work tomorrow. As long as Google rules, they will make all the rules, so for now, they are pushing Youtube videos, and soon, they will start to charge fees to access Youtube, it is just a matter of time as I see it.
  19. This is a very good question. I believe video marketing is very important. Videos show there is a real person behind what your promoting. It builds a trust factor. Being an internet marketer you really don't work with people face to face which is an important part of marketing and building those business relationships. Video helps bridge that gap. :)
  20. jamess

jamess Member

After Penguin update one should diversify backlinks. So video marketing is also part of this link building and traffic strategy.. so do this and generate traffic and backlinks