W-9

Discussion in 'ASD - Ad Surf Daily' started by Roche, Jul 5, 2008.

1. Roche

Roche New Member

Hi, what if you are not a U.S. citizen nor resident since the W-9 requires social security and tax information? I'm from Costa Rica, is there something else for non residents?

Thank you,

Roche.
  2. psierra

psierra New Member

Hi Roche,

If you see the W-9 feature in your Account Overview section on the English or Spanish site, then I suppose you have to send it. But since you mentioned you are not either U.S. citizen nor a resident, I guess that you are not required to send the W-9 form to ASD.
  3. Roche

Roche New Member

That's what I thought because my sponsor told me the same thing, but the W-9 appears in my account overview so I'm afraid I will have trouble cashing out in the future. Not that I'm planning to cash out any time soon, but I rather to be informed as soon as possible.
  4. Caterina

Caterina New Member

I'm thinking you should send a ticket and tell the home office your story....???
  5. westfam11

westfam11 Member

Roche,

This is your sponsor Becky. I called the office and asked that
    question for you. They said technically you don't need one since you are not in the U.S. but that you should send one and mark on there that you are not in the U.S. so they have something written about it. That is just what they told me.

Becky West
  6. Roche

Roche New Member

Thank you for your replies. I know this will help many other members since ASD is a global company.
  7. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

In the Conference Call this Morning, they state that they are working on putting an "Exemption" Status to your ASD Home Page instead of the W-9 Statement for member outside the US.
  8. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Hi Iggy,

This is what we have been waiting for. I have also asked for specific instructions for an alternative to sending in a W9 with comments on it

To be realistic - this is not really an acceptable alternative.

We need something to fill in telling them WHERE we are liable.

Hopefully this will become available very soon, so as not to slow down transactions for the many people who are outside the US.

We will keep you all informed.

Jenny
  9. nkelly

nkelly New Member

As an alien bank account holder in the USA one is required to sign a W8 every year stating you are non resident and thus the bank does not need to report any interest to the IRS. I suspect if the powers that be in ASD investigate this they will have to start asking the non residents to complete W8's instead of W9. Does anyone know anything about this for sure?
  10. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Hi Nick

My guess is that they are going to sort out the Americans first! But they still have to issue instructions to the rest of us who are not liable for US taxation.

We will need to have the word "exempt" by our names to distinguish us from the people who have just not sent in their W9s

If you know that you have to submit a W8 - I suggest that you do fill one in and send them a copy with a covering letter BY POST or fax.

As soon as we receive official instructions about this - I will post here. )By official, I mean in writing from someone with the authority to give them.

Jenny
  11. nkelly

nkelly New Member

My case is a little different however, because I registered my US company as the account holder, so my company needs to submit a W9 anyway, despite me being a non-resident.
  12. omarN

omarN New Member

Hey everyone. My back office finally says my W-9 is on file! It took about 2 weeks, so does this mean that the check that I requested will now be sent to me?

Take care

Omar!
  13. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Hi Omar,

If your cash request was correctly done, you should now be on the check writing list and should soon be in funds!!
  14. omarN

omarN New Member

Hey. I believe I did it correctly. I was given a ticket number for my cash out after I asked for my check so hopefully I get it soon in the mail!

I will keep you updated!

Thanks

Omar!
  15. alasycia

alasycia New Member

Hi Guys

Just another reminder - as the fax lines seem to be hopelessly blocked
    use the US Mail service!!! It is also acceptable - emails are NOT as they need a hard copy.

It may take a couple of days but seems a more painless alternative to spending two days trying to get through on the fax machine!
  16. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

I am on the Q&A conference right now...they mentioned that members not in the USA should send in a W-8 FORM rather than a W-9. It would be nice if they actually posted that information!
  17. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

oh boy now they are saying they will send cash outs without waiting for your W-9 to be on file...as long as the W-9 is present by the end of the year
  18. iggyigette

iggyigette New Member

Andy mentioned tonite to Mail in your W-9 rather than fax it. Learning Curve for ASD
  19. alasycia

alasycia New Member

For those of you who are NOT US citizens and live outside of the US - yes the rest of the world guys!!LOL - you are required to complete and fax or mail in an IRS form W8.

This will give ASD confirmation that you are exempt from US taxation, so that they can pay us and not get into trouble with the IRS!!

W8BEN For non US citizens living outside the US.who are exempt from US taxation:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw8ben.pdf

and the instructions are here:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/iw8ben.pdf

If you are a US citizen not liable for US tax or a company you will need a different version of the W8 from the IRS site, Check this out

http://search.irs.gov/web/query.html?col=allirs&charset=utf-8&qp=&qs=-Wct%3A%22Intern al+Revenue+Manual%22&qc=&qm=0&rf=0&oq=&qt=W8&search.x=34&search.y=2&search=%26%24self .text(u%27search%27)%3B

So download the form and fax or post it in. NO EMAILS PLEASE . They need a hard copy version with your signature.

I hope they will get round to putting up something on the News Site or on the main site - but for now - this is correct information.

Jenny