Want to use Twitter to advertise your BIZ?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by talfighel, Nov 8, 2010.

1. talfighel Silver Member

Hi everyone,

So I was watching the news and read that over 85% of the tweets that are made don't get read at all.

I used to think a year ago that I can use Twitter to grow my business and get more and more traffic to some great offers, but to my surprise, even though people "teach" how to make money on Twitter, I was not getting any clicks on any of my offers.

These people teach on to earn THOUSANDS of dollars using Twitter but many of them don't.

I increased my followers by a few THOUSANDS and still nothing.

I can honestly say that if you are promoting your business or website through Twitter and think that you can make some great money, think again.

Over 85% of tweets NEVER get read. Think about that.

I really think that using Twitter to grow your business is a waste of your time.

Tal
  2. ipnomad New Member

Total waste of time in my opinion too. The only people whose tweets get read are celebs.
  3. FreeCashMan Active Member

I've seen twitter used to generate traffic. So it can depend on how it's used and if you have some targeted people you hit up with your tweets.

My assessment is that the same people on twitter are in other places like facebook so if you miss twitter as a marketing method it can be okay.
  4. mbasa Member

My experience with twitter is that people just read the updates, but do not necessarily click on the links.
  5. mountainmom5 Gold Member

talfighel: I really think that using Twitter to grow your business is a waste of your time.
    How timely - I just had a friend tell me I was losing out on a lot of business by not using twitter but I had signed up for it twice and just got a headache trying to figure it out.

Here is my opinion on all that stuff....

Twitter, facebook and all those places where you need to create a following in order to get traffic is for the folks that don't want to take time to add quality content to their websites.

I would rather do the latter and see my traffic grow organically
    ... my traffic to my main website is snowballing and so fun to see it happen after months of hard work. And because it is mostly seo traffic, it steadily keeps growing without having to try to market my website - all I have to do is add more content.[IMG]
  6. oppo99 New Member

I think because its so easy to get followers on twitter, I have 2 accounts and got a 1000 on each very quickly, people think its easy to sell on.
    Its THE hardest medium to sell on in my opinion because all people are doing is posting links and the people that want to use it for what it was designed for i.e. Social Media get well and truly sick of it.
    I may come back to Twitter in the future but for now I pretty much leave it alone
  7. kane1976 New Member

The only thing twitter is good for is building a list, which obviously is what we all want. Trying to generate direct traffic to your website will bring you very little success. Why? because everybody that is on twitter is there for one reason only, and that is to generate traffic to their own website or affiliate offer. That's all they are bothered about really, although obviously you will have a select few, newbies mainly, that are looking to invest in some money making schemes. What i would suggest is after getting new followers, send them a personal message with your offer and make sure that you have an opt-in form setup on the webpage you send them.