WARNING FOR ALL COASTAL MEMBERS!!!

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by hsimpsonjr, Mar 21, 2007.

1. amandaro

amandaro New Member

As a former member of Coastal AND a current member of Fun Time I must reply to this issue of Fun Time NOT being a reputable company and the issue of Fun Time being the company that has NOT fulfilled YOUR COASTAL Fly & Stay vouchers.

First of all....Fun Time WAS NOT the original vendor for those Fly & Stay Vouchers that are provided to every Coastal member. Coastal had another vendor but they were shut down for some reason so Fun Time has been asked to try to replace these vouchers with something else. Next....NOBODY in Fun Time is trying to recruit anyone from Coastal. We are simply telling people that those vouchers that Coastal has put into the package that this person has just spent a lot of money on are no longer any good and to look at what we have to take it's place. JUST LIKE WE HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO BY COASTAL. The whole issue with those vouchers has nothing to do with Fun Time at all. It's not Fun Time's fault that Coastal is continuing to put these vouchers in their packages.

Next, the reason that when we talk to people, we suggest doing both businesses together is because statistically 90% of people in Coastal don't make any money. You CAN'T sell any portion of your packages individually. At Fun Time we CAN and people CAN make money with us while they are trying to build their Coastal business. There is nothing wrong with suggesting to people that they try both businesses together. While they are sitting around waiting months sometimes to make thier 2 training sales they can be out there making a lot of money selling our vacations and discount cards.

There will always be skeptics and people who are closed minded...but I just had to stick up for the company that has finally shown me a way to make money.

All I'm saying is that people should always reserch a company before shelling out a lot of money for it and they should never go by what someone on this site is saying alone.
  2. Lynn

Lynn New Member

I wanted to take a minute to shine the light on what is happening with Fun Time and the Fly and Stay Packages. The Fly and Stay certificates were serviced and contracted by a vendor named "TravelFox". Those of you that have gotten the certficates can see Travel Fox all over them. Some time after they negotiated and provided the certificates to Coastal, Travel Fox no longer was able to honor the terms and conditions of that vacation. Those certificates should have been pulled from each and every coastal package, notices should have been sent to each director and they should have been thrown away. But they weren't. Al with the BOD approached Fun Time and asked whether Fun Time could handle all the Fly and Stay certificates that were out there. Fun Time does have some amazing Fly and Stay packages, but the terms and conditions are NOT the same as Travel Fox. Therefore, folks are blaming Fun Time for the fulfillment of those vacations; which is wrong.

It is true that Fun Time has a business opportunity to share with Coastal Members. Everyone knows that Coastal Directors can not sell the certificates in their package, Fun Time allows you to make commissions from selling their certificates. There are 10 other ways to make money with Fun Time. The entire motive of Fun Time is NOT to steal Coastal People, it's to keep Coastal people in the game. How many of you have heard, "I don't have the money". Well Fun Time is one of Coastals BEST Vendors, dispite what you have heard. Fun Time is not leaving Coastal and is the only NON-Breakage certificate Company that Coastal has. There is no direct competition between Coastal and Fun Time.

Fun Time offers certificates that you can sell, not $11,000 dollar packages. Fun Time offers residual income for referring folks, $100.00 per month on a referral, not the $10.00 a month you may get from your website referrals. Fun Time offers amazing leads/auto responder prices, where you get 20,000 leads each month. These things are NOT competition for Coastal. Coastal does not sell leads or auto responders. Please take the time to review the facts before listening to 3rd party hearsay and rumors.

Fun Time and Al with the BOD are negotiating a contract where all of Fun Time's vacations products will be offered to Coastal Folks so you can sell them and make commissions. It's a Team Effort to keep Coastal Folks in the GAME...When you are spending $300-$500 a month on just 100 leads, you can get $20,000+ in leads to direct to your website, your movie, your information.

Fun Time Vacation Club is a distributorship program that pays residual income for others needing a new leads source and folks that want to sell certificates along with their coastal package. It is perfect when you talk to a company, business or prospect, and when they say "NO, it's too much money..." you can offer them one of the vacations that is offered in your Coastal Vacation Package - and make money doing it.

I am in Fun Time and also an Active Coastal Member. No one is bashing Coastal, no one says quit Coastal - its something you can do along with your Coastal Business. Imagine going to a car dealership, they buy 100 certificates for $6.00 a piece. You just make $300.00 as they cost you just $3.00. Each person activates those vacations to go on the trip and you make $25.00 per cert. So you earn, $2,500.00 more dollars.. Then you now have 100 - HIGH QUALITY LEADS. When those folks take their trip, you can approach them to buy a package. It only makes sense.

Fun Time teaches you how to do promotions, how to build a well rounded business in the Travel Industry - Along with Coastal. It is NO Different than paying extra to Inteletravel for their booking IATA products. With Fun Time you can be a Travel Agent and make commissions that way also.

I used to spend $300 - $350.00 each month on leads now, I get leads, certificates each month and I have control of the A/R message campaigns. Fun Time Distributorship programs don't cost over $300.00 a month.

I have found that everyone in Fun Time is supportive of Coastal, YTB, Traverus and Global Resorts and encourages everyone to "just make money". Fun Time works with all these programs as we have folks from each of them utilizing the Fun Time program. To post anything else about the motives and integrity of the Fun Time folks is just untrue and unfair.
  3. nikkirner

nikkirner New Member

Hi everyone.I just wanted to talk to everyone just a minute about coastal and funtime.I am actually an active member of both.I don't bash coastal because I believe inthe company and believe I can make big money with it.I have used the product and have saved big with it.I have been to the seminars and know the product works.I got involved with funtime the same way others did.I had called about a vacation and needed help.I spoke directly to Rusty and he resolved my problem.Never once did he bash coastal.He offered me a way to expand my current biz.He did not want me to leave coastal just expand it.No the fly and stays that coastal had were no good.But we knew that from the last seminar.Some must have fallen through the cracks and been given out anyway.Nothing funtime could do but offer something else in its place.They were not originaaly from funtime and if you check your vouchers you will know that.As far as taking away from coastal I don't think that was the intention.Many times I can't sell a package because the price is too steep for ordinary folks.But now I can sell them a condo card or a voucher and make a little money myself.They use the product ,go on vacation ,realise I have something legit and come back for more.I am not making a million on funtime but it is keeping my coastal biz going because when I don't sell a package I am still making a few dollars.Another thing I like about funtime is That I can always talk to one of the directors or trainers and even Rusty.They are always available.I want to comment on the FREE vacations.They are no different from coastal.Yes you have to pay the activation fees etc.but that is required with the coastal vacations also.They also advertise as tax only but there is also an activation fee.You all know that is required with all the vacations.I have found that Funtime is legit and have been happy with all of my experiences with them.But I am still a level 2 coastal director and still believe in coastal.Please get all the facts before you go crazy telling people we are a scam.Thanks for listening!!!!
  4. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

What is with all this SPAM???

How does one report spam??

Terri

Funny how the driveby spammers come on and post ONE post.
  5. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

IF WE at COASTAL VACATIONS want to "expand" our business we find a way ourselves we don't need funtime!

COASTAL vacations is NOT overpriced period end of story!!

How and why do I know this because I was approached by a very LEGIT vacation/vouchers company to use their certficates/vouchers to promote Coastal, they sell each one for $20 and the minimum purchase is 50 that's $1,000 for ONE Vacation voucher!!

COASTAL IS JUST $1295 with over $15,000 worth of vacations that can be used again!

Get your facts straight about COASTAL VACATIONS before you come here and spam us with funtim COASTAL vacations is the best in the industry at the best price for those looking for a legit company that provides a LUCRATIVE income! Sooo before you spout off statistics about 90% people not making money do get your facts and statistics straight.

Terri
  6. nikkirner

nikkirner New Member

TERRI,Why would this be spam? It is just defending the other side of the coin.If you check out the ripoff reports ther are no reports for funtime but many for coastal.That is becuase someone is in charge of what happens at funtime.There are many people out ther who will rip off the unsuspecting and because coastal directors are all independant this can happen frequently.believe me I am not bashing coastal.It is my main biz.I just do not want funtime bashed because people do not understand what is going on.Check it out.You may be pleasently surprised
  7. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

NO THANK YOU!!!

Terri
  8. nikkirner

nikkirner New Member

Terri,That is fine but take your own advice and get your facts straight before you spout off about something you know nothing about.Remember I am a coastal director and my Director is on the leadership counsel so I know what I am talking about.I have nothing bad to say about coastal.I have used the package and been very satisfied with all my savings.I can also buy those vouchers you were mentioning for 3.00 each and make a 22.00 commission when they are activated.No where near 1000.00 dollars.I am also using the funtime vacations and flight card this month and have savedalmost 1000.00 so far.
  9. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

OK, funtime folks,
    I believe what you are saying but I also believe what my member is telling me. She was told that ALL OF THE VOUCHERS IN HER COASTAL PACKAGE WERE TRASH and she was told that she would NEVER get vacations from them. THAT IS A LIE! She didn't just make this story up about funtime. She was asking questions about the vacation that she was sent that was no good and this guy TOTALLY TRASHES Coastal and promotes Funtime. What are we supposed to think when this happens. She was so concerned she called Stephanie Johnson, Coastal Board Member, and she said is was "being taken care of". Who knows what that means. I don't mind people working 2 or 3 businesses that compliment eachother but what my new member experienced actually made her think that she might have been scammed by me and that REALLY MADE ME UPSET(not at her but at this funtime jerk) because I am an honest person and would NEVER do that to a person. Funtime might be legit and you guys might be using it in an ethical way but they need to do some soul searching because someone in the main office of Funtime is either lying to you or us. I know he lied to my new member and I hope he isn't lying to you guys.
  10. decker2006

decker2006 New Member

Quoting: Lynn am in Fun Time and also an Active Coastal Member. No one is bashing Coastal, no one says quit Coastal - its something you can do along with your Coastal Business. Imagine going to a car dealership, they buy 100 certificates for $6.00 a piece. You just make $300.00 as they cost you just $3.00. Each person activates those vacations to go on the trip and you make $25.00 per cert. So you earn, $2,500.00 more dollars.. Then you now have 100 - HIGH QUALITY LEADS. When those folks take their trip, you can approach them to buy a package. It only makes sense.

As someone who has had first hand experience with Rusty, I CAN say he was bashing Coastal. This is a SEPARATE AND DIFFERENT business from Coastal. Let's stick with the car dealership analogy for a moment. I prefer to put my time in selling the whole car rather than car parts! Coastal is a legit business that has been around for a long time. It takes time to work it. I do not have the time or the mental energy to run two SEPARATE businesses. Quoting: LynnCoastal does not sell leads or auto responders. Please take the time to review the facts before listening to 3rd party hearsay and rumors.

Facts? Coastal BOD does recognize 3 organizations for selling leads and why don't you opt in to my site to check out my auto responder?

I'll be perfectly honest - when I got off the phone with Rusty, I felt completely disgusted with his tactics. I could go on about that, but it is my opinion and enough said.

These companies have two totally different mentalities.

I am with Terri 100%.

Noreen
  11. sportsnut

sportsnut New Member

i am a level 3 director with coastal and i feel compeled to write this email. in reguards to funtime vacations and the owners . i have been dealing with funtime for quite a while and have never been aproached to join funtime. i went on 2 of there vacations and have only had excellent service and a quality vacation. i have been using there new leads program and am having great success with it. i have also been on there training calls and have never heard them say anything negative about any buisness including coastal. the reason i use them is because of there customer service and all of my customers are real happy with them . bringing funtime into my buisness has realy helped me alot. there commission plan helps me pay for all the things i do in coastal. i feel that false rumors are being spread about funtime because people are worried that funtime is going to take there people and that just isnt true. i have introduced 4 of my group to funtime and none of them have ever been recruited by funtime. my group uses there lead program and there vacation vouchers. i just enrolled in there auto responder program and am already creating great leads to help build my coastal business. im not sure why funtime is being talked about so much unless people are worried . i can only say that i am totaly happy and am making money with both companys
  12. Pheleeto

Pheleeto New Member

Wow, these are very intense conversations. I hope everyone is realizing that nothing good can ever come from promoting negativity. I understand the concept of both businesses very well. I am a Coastal Director and I have been approached by Rusty Directly in the past in regards to looking at the Funtime opportunity. I try very hard not to be overly influence by the opinion of others without getting the facts for myself. I did attend one of his conference calls and after listening found out that what Coastal had to offer was far more lucrative and I would not invest my time and energy in something I thought to be inferior. That is my opinion. We all have the ability to make up our mind when it comes to the things we pursue but of what gain is it to knock others down along the way. Do your research and make a decision form there. The bashing and the fighting over who is better. All the undercutting and undermining someone elses business does no good to no one. Guys, lets not forget that we are trying to attract like minded positive people here. Its perfectly fine to stand up for who and what we believe in without trying to kill each other business.
  13. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

I think the point here is that Rusty had taken an opportunity to tell one of my members (decker2006) that her travel package that she just paid several thousand dollars for was basically worthless and that she should come join Funtime. Now, in my opinion that was wrong to do. She had called him to enquire about the trip she had purchased a voucher for and he took advantage of her and badmouthed Coastal. WE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE ABOUT FUNTIME UNTIL HE GAVE US A REASON TO BE ALARMED BY SAYING THE THINGS HE DID TO MY NEW MEMBER. That is what prompted this thread and I hope it has alerted people that he is using these tactics to recruit.
  14. goldmills

goldmills New Member

Quoting: LynnI used to spend $300 - $350.00 each month on leads now, I get leads, certificates each month and I have control of the A/R message campaigns. Fun Time Distributorship programs don't cost over $300.00 a month.

So how many people have gotten sales for funtime with their unlimited or 20,000 leads program?

I would like to know if they are good leads and if people have tried to use them strickly for Coastal or are they a waste of Autoresponder space?

What data collected on lead does one get, maybe the contact mate software will be a great tool on using massive leads?

Anyone have info to comment?

Jeff
  15. nikkirner

nikkirner New Member

Hi Guys.I wanted to tell you my experiece. with the leads.What you get is people who opt in are interested in the program or in a vacation.So far everyone I have called has wanted to talk to me.They have wanted more information .I have 2 that are interested in joining one of my businesses.This is only with this months leads as I just started using the leads program. I also still have most of my leads to get in touch with as I have been extremly busy with my full time job this last month.I get names emails and phone # with each lead.I have also not had any with bad phone #'sor bad emails yet.Funtime has also just started a call center for us with a great vacation to intice the prospects.Thanks for listening
  16. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Jeff I agree, I can't wait till Contact mate software comes out!

Should be available by end of this month, I can guarantee I will be an affiliate for this software!!

Terri
  17. Topdog

Topdog New Member

I found that the Funtime leads have been, for the most part, cold. But there are so many of them, you have sales in there somewhere. I don't think I am good at phone sales though. Someone else may be getting better results. You can use your autoresponder to warm them up by having them opt in multiple times before you call them. Funtime is a very young business, but it has a lot of potental. I did make sales retailing the certificates, but nothing impressive.

I think that Coastal is a business that people can make a lot of money doing. I signed with coastal in December and I never enjoyed the business. I don't think I am very good at telemarketing though. I was not impressed by the packages. The $15,000 worth of savings is based off of the retail package price of the vacations. I don't know anybody who travels retail. There is always an excellent price somewhere on the interenet for any vacation you want to go on. I have never traveled for less than 50% off and I didn't need to be a member to Coastal to do it. Although I think that their price per vacation is comparable to anything else out there. I think the business opportunity is Coastal is what packs the punch, not the vacation club.

Funtime gives me a lot more freedom to market in different ways. I am impressed at some of their vacation pricing. Some vouchers aren't as good of a deal. But I really llike the complete booking engine they offer. I have every vacation anywhere available to be booked through me and my website and I get a commission on every booking. Basic membership only costs $39 a month and it comes with the website where people can book any vacation. The pricing is as good as anything I have seen (expedia, orbitz, etc.) I am new and I haven't done much marketing in either Coastal or Funtime so I may not be the one to ask about results with marketing. I am looking to get out of Coastal because I just simply don't enjoy telemarketing. With funtime, I can just simply sell vacation themselves. Time will tell if I enjoy that. I do have a lot of idea on marketing vacations, but haven't really done very much with them.

Thanks,

Jared
  18. luvtravel

luvtravel New Member

Coastal is still the best to me!

It doesn't just have 1 card it has tons of cards, it doesn't just have a few incentives it has tons.

You still pay a premium even when you get the "low" rates from expedia etc so NO you don't travel retail when going thru expedia etc you will never get a condo or hotel for $199 a week.

If you want to go with any of the other opps that are BRAND new and most are due to FAIL and PAY $399 A MONTH FOLKS!! YES with FT it would be $399 A MONTH To earn fairly decent money. YUK!!!
    NO THANK YOU!!
    What fool wouldn't see the truth about ft?

C oastal is still the one as the song goes!!

Coastal is where the SMART MONEY goes!!!!

Terri
  19. sportsnut

sportsnut New Member

after hearing some of these emails i called and spoke to rusty dillon about all the things being said about funtime and coastal. after spending over an hour with him he came up with a great idea. we should have a conference call with anyone who wants to listen . and he could explain all the things that are going on . he also did say that in the past he has said that some of the travel vouchers in the coastal package didnt work . he takes calls everyday from coastal directors that are looking for help , they are not making any money, they cant find the person that brought them in, and people who arnt able to get vacations through some companys in coastal.and his staff gets frustrated. he said he has talked to al at coastal and thinks they have a solution. rusty and al have known each other for 14 years. and they talk all the time. they are working on something realy big that will take care of all of this between coastal and funtime. i have 3 pages of notes so bare with me. write now they are putting togeather a coastal website that will let us have our own booking site and make commissions on anything travel related , flights, hotels, cruises, rental cars, and a great benifits package. just like the new funtime site www.myftvclub.biz. and our own coastal leads site. like funtimes www.funtimeleads.com. and if everything goes well coastal will have this all in house. so that we can all make more money. once this happens there will be no need for all this back and forth. coastal directors will have all of funtimes vouchers , vacation packages and leads and there saber system travel booking arrangments. this is real exciting and i cant wait. having multipal ways of making income will make it easier for all of us to pay for all the things we need to work our coastal buisness. lets get togeather and have a conference call and let him answer any questions . correct me if im wrong , write know coastal realy doesnt own anything they offer. its all second party vendors. if we had this all in house we would truly be the biggest and the best. we would be funtime, global resorts, globel network and ytb, all rolled into one. our cost of leads and auto responders would be cheaper, and we would have additional ways of making money to build our buisness . at the end of our conversation he said all he wants to do is have fun and make people money. he also refered to a previous message that someone said funtime only has 74 distributors and he laughed and said that is since december 1st. . he would like the call because it will give everyone a chance to clear the air and have a possitive conversation and if the people that are saying negative things arnt on the call then everyone will have to form there own opinion. thanks for you time everyone
  20. sportsnut

sportsnut New Member

hi terri i saw your last post and wanted to let you know that you are not posting the correct pricing to sign up for funtime. please look at the business opportunity portion of the funtime site and you will see you can join for as little as 39.00 per month. i am an exclusive distributor and last week alone i made 349.00 with funtime not including my activation money and it helped me to do my coastal advertising and i sold a level 2 package using funtimes 3 stage auto responder program. thanks