Water Diet

Discussion in 'Diet and Nutrition' started by phillipelden, Sep 2, 2009.

1. teaserrate

teaserrate New Member

Water diets are a bad idea because water can only hydrate and flush, it can't replenish. That can be dangerous. The idea of a good diet is to lose weight...safely.

2. sarauk

sarauk New Member

Not sure about water diet but I tried water fast, the longest I did was 6 days. I know some go longer than that, the idea is not weight loss but cleansing the system. It is great but with not much studies on the concept, I can't say. Juice fasting is safer option[​IMG]

3. anne12

anne12 New Member

Hello Friends..........

The Water Diet is a weight loss plan that centers around consuming precise amount of cold water. Although there are many variations of the diet, the majority of them do not require significant decreases in food intake or increases in physical activity. Instead, the diet promotes the idea that drinking cold water can help a person slowly lose weight because his or her body must use more energy to warm up the water, therefore burning calories through the basic act of digestion.

Thanks

4. EMiller

EMiller New Member

I fasted for 14 days, water only, lost 40 pounds and have not gained it back in the last 6 months. I have also been using Kangen Water since which has helped many lose weight as well.

5. sarauk

sarauk New Member

EMiller: I fasted for 14 days, water only, lost 40 pounds and have not gained it back in the last 6 months. I have also been using Kangen Water since which has helped many lose weight as well.

I love water fast, the longest I did was 6 days but nowdays, I can't pass the third day. You really feel so much better and you realise how much time is spent on food , preparing it, thinking about it and eating it.

6. EMiller

EMiller New Member

sarauk
    The second day is always the hardest for me. You mention realizing how much time is spent on food, preparing and thinking about it. Though I was perfectly fine not eating, I was obsessed with food while on the fast. I watched more food channel stuff than ever and I cooked gourmet meals for my family about every day while on the fast and I enjoyed watching them eat them vicariously. Strange huh?

7. sarauk

sarauk New Member

lol I know what you mean, it is food P ( not sure I can say the word). The first 3 days I avoided food smell, or going around food but after that I enjoyed seen food, or even cooking it for my family.

8. EMiller

EMiller New Member

teaserrate
    Most of us need a good flush once in a while! Fasting has been done forever and the dangers overrated. Most people have plenty of reserves before they starve. That grumbling in our tummies is not starvation.

There is very little danger in fasting except maybe for diabetics and heart patients or others who are ill who should consult their physicians before embarking on an extended fast.

9. sarauk

sarauk New Member

I also believe that, when animals get sick, what they do? They fast? When human get ill they eat lol. There is very famous fasting forum, where people fast for 30 days and 40 days, most believe in the true meaning of fasting. I am going on holiday next week, and When I come back, I will start fasting.

10. EMiller

EMiller New Member

sarauk
    I was going to mention that about animals too sarouk. Many more people would survive hospital stays if they didn't force people to eat when they don't need to.

Sometimes when we are sick we are better off not eating so our body's energy can be used for healing rather than digesting and processing food.

An excellent book on the subject is "Fasting Can Save Your Life" by Herbert M. Shelton.

11. bing

bing New Member

David_Ogden: I had not heard that overdrinking water will damage you kidneys, beer and spirits Yes but water will flush right through.
    There is actually a danger when taking too much water. The condition is water intoxication. This usually happens to babies below 6 months and athletes.

I agree with Trevee, I guess it's water fast that you're trying to say. My parents do a yearly fast, either water fast or dry fast. Use Trevee's advice. As it was mentioned by Trevee, it's important to have raw fruits and veggies BEFORE and AFTER the fast. In addition, avoid too much salt so you don't get hungry easily.

12. nbaker

nbaker New Member

I have tried going on a water diet and I failed, big time.At first you will think that you can do well as you would already feel full when you drink water but as days go by, you could feel some things that would make you do otherwise. I always felt dizzy and felt like I did not have much energy to survive the day. So I decided to stop the water diet and ate regularly and just worked out. I had better results and I think that would also benefit your health. I am not saying though that water diet would not ever work, because I know a lot who were successful with it. Though it would take more than overcoming your hunger.

13. Andrea Curtis

Andrea Curtis New Member

The Water Diet is a generic term for a weight-loss approach that focuses on increasing water consumption. Several variations of the diet exist, including the Before, During, and After diet.

Another method claims drinking ice-cold water rather than room-temperature water may increase overall calorie burn. Increasing water consumption provides many benefits. Doing this diet doesn't mean you need to eat less. You just need to increase your water consumption. [​IMG]

14. RICH4NURICHE

RICH4NURICHE New Member

It may not work for everyone, not everyone's the same or the same level of health. Some good points on this thread. Good subject.

15. mishti81

mishti81 New Member

Water diet usually involved drinking just water and restricted foods to lose weight. There are many variations of the diet and the usual lose weight quick version of it is there. I usually think a slow approach i which healthy eating habits associated with drinking lots of water will aid weight loss.

16. Kyle Morris

Kyle Morris New Member

Very true. Slimming pills are not necessary in losing weight, having a good diet alone can solve our problem and with good exercise.

17. smilekill

smilekill New Member

as my friend told that taking five litter of water per day may reduce the weight is it true