We ALL want to work at home - or do we?

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by mountainmom5, Jan 10, 2008.

1. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

That's why most of us are on this site!

Some of us already have home based businesses, but I think most of the folks browsing this site are still looking for something...

If it were as easy as the ads splattered all over TV and the internet make it sound out to be, then EVERYBODY would be rich by now - LOL

Right?

I mean, if you could start making hundreds or thousands of dollars your first couple months - EVERYBODY would be doing it already!

If you are only looking for a way to make an extra couple hundred to get out of a bind you are currently in, then the best thing is to go get a job - because without a dream or vision of where you want your life to be in a year or 5 years from now, you will not make it in the home business arena!

If you are truly looking for a way to change your lifestyle, then you will need to think longterm - you will need to allow yourself time to get something built up and profitable...

When you get overwhelmed, just remember WHY you are looking for a way to work at home in the first place!

Even once you get started in a home based business, you will need to do that.

There are days that I have to remind myself of my dream and WHY I started a home business in the first place.

SO I encourage you to simply hang on to your dream and when the right door opens for you, you will know!

Good luck and may God lead you to the right door!
    Viola
  2. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

oops - put this in the wrong category[​IMG]
  3. hsimpsonjr

hsimpsonjr Silver Member

Actually, it fits right in. We all need to be reminded of this from time to time. Thanks Viola!
  4. montanaboy

montanaboy New Member

Quoting: mountainmom5When you get overwhelmed, just remember WHY you are looking for a way to work at home in the first place!

I believe you hit a key word ( WHY ) we all need a why.If a person does not have a big WHY your 95 to 98% sure to fail in a home business, ouch... I know that hurts but it's true.

Your WHY needs to be a 99% or better.Let me explain, YOU need to know without a shadow of a doubt 99 to 100% the reason WHY you are doing a home business.

If you do not know and I mean really know WHY you doing a home business. Stop what you are doing and get your WHY in place.
    Without it you will fail,however with a 99 to 100% WHY you will go on to live a life most people only dream of.
  5. Marktech

Marktech Member

What I have trouble with is I keep checking and worrying whether or not I've made any money in the last 24 hours. I'm getting better at not checking though, I've found that you make more money if you just keep working and not looking for results all the time!
  6. Hemjoe

Hemjoe New Member

Marktech i think this is a aspect of many people who start out trying to make money, i can remember when i started i used to check my accounts three or four times everyday hoping for results. if i had channeled this amount of time into doing something more constructive like writing more content or an article i would have made progress so much quicker.

But i guess this is a phase and a mistake you learn from
  7. victorious

victorious New Member

We don't necessarily work from home all the time: we TRAVEL, we use our Coastal package, travel the world and bring our laptop with us. Whenever we are, we get a phone that is able to call the US.

Besides the US, we traveled to Mexico and the Dominican Republic last year and January.

I encourage you to take the traveling lifestyle and embrace it. Use your package! Recommended reading: The 4 Hour Workweek by Tim Ferris.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    (770)995-0029
  8. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Quoting: mountainmom5When you get overwhelmed, just remember WHY you are looking for a way to work at home in the first place!

Viola,

Excellent advice!

Having a dream, goal, objective or purpose, is certainly one of the ingredients that drives your motivation for starting a home business. And when that is supported by a solid plan and a firm commitment to do everything it takes to succeed, you've really got all you need to make it happen.

The path to success is strewn with obstacles, challenges and detours that can discourage you and steer you off course. Sometimes you can get so lost that the only thing keeping you trudging along, is a strong positive mental attitude and fierce determination.

But, as long as you can maintain your sense of direction and keep your eye on the prize, you'll always be able to figure out how to get back on track.

Great post!

Hermas
  9. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

Mountainmom.......Great post! I agree, we all have to remember our "why", it's so important, that's what drives us to succeed and not give up. Change can be scarey for some people, but it's the only way to change your life, by doing things differently. If you always do what you've always done, then you'll always get what you've always gotten. I live by that! Thanks for the post, I think it fits in here perfectly.
  10. victorious

victorious New Member

My 'why' is providing a good life for my son.

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Internet Marketers
    770-995-0029
  11. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Quoting: victoriousMy 'why' is providing a good life for my son.

My original 'why' was to bring my DH home and that happened about 6 months after I got started so I had to change it to a bigger 'why' after that![​IMG]

But I agree with you, our biggest 'why' is to provide a better future for our 5 children. I mean, we live in this big beautiful place called planet earth and we need to be able to explore it and see more of it, don't you think?![​IMG]
  12. victorious

victorious New Member

Absolutely! Five children! WOW! How do you keep up with 5 children? We have one and he's a handful! He loves to play, play, play. He's only 15 months old and already a lot of fun!

Matt & Catherine Willis
    The Christian Marketers
    770-995-0029
  13. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

mountainmom.....way to go on bringing your Dh home! Enjoy your 5 children!

victorious......that's what boys love to do....play, play, play! They're so great.....I have 3 sons, they're my "why". Ages 15, 11, & 9 yrs old. They still love to play and I hope they never lose that! [​IMG]
  14. ChocolateBiz

ChocolateBiz New Member

The work at home industry has provided many people with a good income and freedom that a JOB alone will hardly ever provide.

Will everyone make a billion dollars working from home? Of course not.

Nevertheless, most people are $500 dollars a month short in making their mortgage payments or from filing bankruptcy.

My wife and I have lots of fun with our business and have helped many people succeed to attain their goals.

Warmly

Jeff and Sandi
    [Link removed - Admin]