Wealthy Affiliate is a Network Marketing or MLM scam

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by samuelorean, Jul 2, 2008.

1. samuelorean

samuelorean New Member

Wow! After reading about a million happy things about Wealthy Affiliate I started to wonder "why is everything I read about this positive?" I will tell you why.

It's a network marketing ploy!

Everyone is selling the widget "Wealthy Affiliate." Everyone is making money off of everyone else signing up. No wonder I cannot find any negative criticism.

I am sure they tell honest people that they want to teach you how to market on the internet but to my dismay...

NO ONE IS DOING IT!

Everyone is just trying to get everyone else to sign up because it is more lucrative than writing thought provoking or sound articles. Now that your attention is peaked I pose my challenge...

"Prove me wrong"

Give me some evidence of someone somewhere that is making money by not signing people up to Wealthy Affiliate (AKA network marketing scheme).

I dare you.

P.S. I double dog dare you.

2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Wealthy Affiliate is an internet marketing university - you learn how to make money by marketing affiliate products and services online through a variety of different methods, including writing articles, search engine optimization, building websites, creating your own information product, pay per click advertising, and how to build opt in lists. You learn where to find affiliate products to promote, how to do research, how to understand your target market, how to set up a website, how to optimize a landing page, how to write effective sales copy, and more.

With the skills you learn at Wealthy Affiliate, you can promote affiliate products from virtually ANY industry, whether it be weight loss products, relationship ebooks, anti-spyware, web hosting, and thousands of other products. You are right that if Wealthy Affiliate ONLY taught their members how promote their system, it would be a pyramid scam - but this simply isn't the case.

Check out my video about Wealthy Affiliate - it will give you a mini tour of the tools and learning resources you have access to at Wealthy Affiliate, and hopefully will give you a better "visual" of what Wealthy Affiliate is about.

3. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

On the inside, the Wealthy Affiliate Forum is filled with endless positive posts.
    Kyle and Carson do personally help every member who asks, as well and everyone helps each other.
    And the members certainly are not promoting WA within WA to Wealthy Affiliate members.

The members learn all aspects of IM and most importantly the minset of their customers.

Why don't you try it for a couple of months and see how you do?

I work at home until noon and support a family of 4.
    We do have everything we need, including vacations.

I hope this helps, Victoria

4. Sonni

Sonni New Member

samuelorean

I just joined WA 9 days ago. I don't have an affiliate link for you to sign up under so I can't get you with anything. Yes it is difficult to find what you would consider a legit opinion of WA with so many articles written by WA members dominating google pages. I have nothing to gain here by telling you that WA has legit internet marketing training. They train you and it is up to you to work hard and go after it and it will take some time to learn it.
    I have no computer skills and no internet marketing skills so it will take me much longer than people who have those types of skills. I'm trying and I can't say if WA if for me as yet it remains to be seen. I signed up month to month so that I could see if it is for me. If not I'll check out and if it is I'll stay. I'm just being honest. With all that said I believe it to be legit, some stay and some go it's a personal decision. I understand your thinking I am also a skeptic my nature.
    WA trains they can't promise you what kind of money you will make because that is up to the individual and how hard they're willing to learn and work. I hope this helps.
    Sonni

5. fatman

fatman New Member

+1 on everything said so far. I have been with WA for about a month now, and I do really like it. Yes I am trying to promote it, just so I can earn some commissions to keep paying for my subscription there, but that is not the only reason. After being there for a while, I truly do think it is nice and recommend it to people. Even if you DON'T sign up through my link (I haven't had any luck with that anyway...), I recommend it and think you will enjoy it.

I have learned a lot there and am putting my knowledge to the test marketing different things. Yes, a lot of people, especially newbies try to promote WA for the afore mentioned reason. However, the more experienced people promote other things and actually have recommended staying AWAY from promoting WA or other money making sites. It is very possible to make money without ever getting commissions straight from WA. In all my posts I try to emphasize that the site works and will teach you tons of information, but it takes time to implement your knowledge. You will not get rich overnight, and I try to recommend it only to people with a little more time on their hands.

You may feel inclined to disregard these posts since we are all WA members, but please do not insult our integrity and imply we are assisting in a scam. Check it out for yourself and then make your own decisions.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

6. VictoriaNTC

P.S.
    Some Wealthy Affiliate Members are making $ thousands every single day.[​IMG]
    Victoria

7. samuelorean

samuelorean New Member

NTC: P.S.
    Some Wealthy Affiliate Members are making $ thousands every single day.

Victoria:
    This is not the proof I asked for. Lots of other people in scams have made thousands of day. This does not make it legit. Try again.

fatman: You may feel inclined to disregard these posts since we are all WA members, but please do not insult our integrity and imply we are assisting in a scam.

fatman:
    I am not trying to insult your integrity. Many good people with lots of integrity have been burnt in scams. I am just suggesting that you are one of them.

NTC: I work at home until noon and support a family of 4.
    We do have everything we need, including vacations.

Victoria:

That is great if you are making the bulk of your money actually running the business instead of trying to get people to join. Why don't you prove to us what percentage of your income is derived from signing up new people? That would help us clear this misunderstanding. That is what I asked for in the first place. I don't believe I asked how much money you make.

getagrip: Check out my video about Wealthy Affiliate - it will give you a mini tour of the tools and learning resources you have access to at Wealthy Affiliate, and hopefully will give you a better "visual" of what Wealthy Affiliate is about.

getagrip,

This is just what I am talking about. I dared you to give me proof that people are not making the bulk of their money by trying to get other people to join WA. Then you reply by telling me to watch your video which is just a poorly put together sales video on why I should join WA. This does not help your case.

Good luck everyone but so far...

I do not see any proof

8. fatman

fatman New Member

Again, most people at WA are recommended to NOT promote it that much and instead focus on other things. Getting commissions for WA is more of a bonus than anything. Also there is the new WA Gold feature that helps members, but does NOT involve promoting WA.

Yes, people promote WA here, but don't people promote other things here as well? Almost all the members here have a link in their signature, and nobody is complaining. I still haven't had much luck promoting WA, but I have been improving on other things. You asked what percentage of members' income comes from WA commissions? Most people would say it is a very small percentage.

The main focus of WA is how to understand affiliate marketing and use your knowledge to promote other things. I currently focus on products from Clickbank, Linkshare, Amazon, and Commission Junction. Almost all of my focus is NOT on WA.

If you actually joined WA (which I know you will not), you would be able to access the forum and see new success stories by people every day. There is one member named Brennen who joined a little over two months ago and is now making $300 a day, and that is NOT through promoting WA (I'm not quite to that level of success yet, lol). [​IMG] I would put a screenshot of the stories on the forum here, but you would probably argue that the pic was a fake.

Also, patronizing the WA members here does not help and seems pointless since you stated that you are not implying we are scammers. Calling Getagrip's video a "poorly put together sales video" was quite rude also.

There doesn't seem like any possibility of proving to you that it is not a scam. Oh well, your loss. Continue to think it is a scam and move on. There is no point in criticizing its members though. I hope you can find a program that you are happy with.

Have a nice day. [​IMG]

9. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Tell you what samuelorean, why don't you post proof that most Wealthy Affiliate members make the bulk of their money by promoting WA?

One of the reasons why I asked you to take a look at my video is because it prooves that people at WA are making money. Interestingly, not one WA forum post from the video shows that someone said "first WA sale" or "I made $1,000 by promoting WA".

As fatman said, you are right in that people at WA do make money by promoting WA, but it isn't the primary focus. Rather, the focus of WA is showing people a variety of different methods to generate traffic and make money online, and if you took a look at the WA forum and saw all of the forum post where WA members ask for help about specific kinds of products they are promoting, you would have proof that WA members are promoting different kinds of products, many of which have NOTHING to do with making money online.

So...the burden of proof is on you to show some kind of evidence to back up your claims. Again, you will need to show "proof" that WA members earn the bulk of their money by promoting WA. What kind of evidence do you have, or are you willing to admit that you have none?

10. dmitch31

dmitch31 New Member

So who do you think you are coming on here and demanding that other people provide you with "proof"? You're the one that made the statement "Everyone is just trying to get everyone to sign up"

So, my friend, the burden of proof is on you. Not us. The truth is, you don't have any way of knowing what "everyone" is doing. If you think that Wealthy Affiliate is such a rip off, then all you have to do is PASS.

I promote Wealthy Affiliate, but I don't owe anything to people like you. If you're not interested in Wealthy Affiliate and think you're more insightful than everyone else, then fine, just MOVE ON then!

11. fatman

fatman New Member

dmitch, this thread is old now...can't we just forget it and be happy? [​IMG] There's no need to bring up all these old threads.

12. VictoriaNTC

Yikes!
    I have not seen these replies since I commented.

Really, I do not feel the need to prove anything to anyone.

When someone joins WA either through me or someone else, I am always willing to help them get going, as are the other members.

I do not exclusively promote Wealthy Affiliate.

In any case, I love my Internet Marketing career, and it has led me on a path beyond my wildest expectations to a niche that I am so comfortable and happy within, and has dramatically improved my life on a personal level regardless of the income which is now a secondary priority to me. Comfortable in my own skin.

And, yes I still promote WA because the university has made this possible for me.

I also owe a lot of credit to the Thirty Day Challenge last year, which does not cost a dime, and no profit is made by me for referrals.

So, I work at home exclusively and have new passions..I guess the best of both worlds.

Victoria

13. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

Yikesty - Sikesty! This is the first time I came across this thread. It's a good thing it is an old thread or I may be tempted to get up on my soap-box for a few minutes. [​IMG]

14. VictoriaNTC

At last, some humor here!
    Thank you Mountain Mom!

How do you like OWM?
    It seems many really love it.
    Victoria

15. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

VictoriaNTC: How do you like OWM?
    That combined with SBI - love it! [​IMG]

I think what helped me the most with OWM is the fact that it gave me a simple plan to follow...after having stumbled around in affiliate lala land for awhile.

I don't really think OWM is a good fit for total newbies that have no inkling what affiliate marketing is or what a Squidoo lens is.

It was kinda funny, though, when I got started with my SBI site a few months ago, it totally consumed my efforts, just as anything new does when you want to get it going...

Then when I came to the point with SBI of needing to find some backlinks, I was doing a variety of things... like I set up a few blogs, tons of ezine articles, etc... before I realized that now is where the OWM plan will come in really handy!

So that is what I am doing now... setting up a few campaigns to help drive traffic to the SBI site with Squidoo lenses.... it's working quite well...and I absolutely love messing around with Squidoo anyways...[​IMG]

I just need more hours in my day. lol

16. robinincarolina

robinincarolina Silver Member

I too love one week marketing. I am going to follow mm5s lead with the SBI, which by the way is still just sitting idle in my favorites. I am halfway to my goal which is getting that SBI out of my favorites and into action, but I have to rely on OWM for now, because it is bringing in the money. So in 90 days I plan on being there, thanks Mountain Mom.

17. VictoriaNTC

I am glad you both are pleased with OWM.

Even though I am an intermediate marketer, I am taking #30DC again..helping my sister and niece who are total beginners.

I must say, they are doing an excellent job presenting the market research.

And we have this thread turned around into a friendly useful discussion again![​IMG]

18. JoyBringsWealth

JoyBringsWealth New Member

I've only been affiliate marketing for about 2 months now, and I've noticed Wealthy Affiliate seems to be popular. Is it a good program for affiliates without a lot of experience? and what is SBI and #30DC?

Sounds fun!

19. mountainmom5

mountainmom5 Gold Member

I have not done the Wealthy Affiliate but have heard a lot of great stuff about it...

SBI is a program to help you build your own website to do affiliate marketing on any topic of your choosing, without having to know all the html, and other website building stuff...[​IMG]

#30DC is a free program to help with affiliate marketing and highly recommended by many on the forum here...

20. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I've heard a lot of great things about SBI - mountainmom and happywife from this forum are both members. Only downside is that it costs $300 to join - WA is a little more affordable for most people who since they offer montly billing.