Wealthy Affiliate Price Increase

Discussion in 'Wealthy Affiliate' started by VictoriaNTC, May 6, 2010.

1. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Kyle has just announced the Wealthy Affiliate Membership price will increase in June significantly.

Kyle & Carson have consistently added value, however I have no details on the dollar amount.

If you are considering joining, you may wish to do so soon.

Victoria[​IMG]

2. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

I don't think they ever provide value. That's just my opinion. Im sure they lose quite a lot members with this price increase.

3. ericsquest

ericsquest New Member

I'd have to disagree and not just because I promote the program. I have received quite a bit of value inside the Wealthy Affiliate members area and have formed some bonds that are going to help me expand my online business even more this year. The members I have come in contact with at WA have all been very friendly and helpful. It's nice to not have a bunch of people bashing and shooting down every idea brought up, like you see in so many other forums. But with that said, I realize it's not for everyone and understand if the help provided didn't fit into your overall plan/goal.

As far as the price increase, I'm not really for it, but still think WA would be a tremendous value at a higher price point.

4. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

Only place where is see value there, is forum. There is lots of good advice and tips. But reason why i left from there..was that im not paying money to use forum. I was member almost a year.

Don't know how they are doing now, i left when they got platinum. Same content in new look. Samples etc are still from 2007 and before. Like rapidwriter. If i remember article marketing course talks about keyword density etc. And how to use it. But Google changed that. Its not working the way it worked before. Keyword density is old. Same is PPC course there. Google has changed too many rules and things. Samples are old and not working the way they suppose to do. Specially PPC.

WA don't have anything decent for keyword, competition or market research.

Yes its a great starting place for newbies. To understand basics. I totally agree. But hey...do things wrong and miss some important steps at the start...you do them wrong all you life. And fail.

Like i said 1 other post...people should focus on providing value, not sales. WA success stories...most there focus on their sales.

But this is just my opinion.

5. talfighel

talfighel Silver Member

If they are increasing the price to all of their members, maybe they should also increase the commissions you earn with them.

Usually when someone increases the price to its members, people do tend to leave and look somewhere else.

Tal

6. VictoriaNTC

The commissions will increase, and they will continue to add value.

The only answer I can really give is I am very happy to have joined in 2007.

It is very rare to run across an unkind forum post, which is great, especially for beginners. They are never shot down for asking even the most basic of questions.

Back to creating [​IMG]
    Victoria

7. treevee

treevee Member

I am really interested in learning more of what WA has to offer. I've gone through the 30 day challenge and One Week Marketing already. Plus a little more learning on the side to drive traffic, writing articles and such.

I'm wondering if there is more to learn through WA.... if they have more to offer than just the forum? (I understand the forum is fantabulous, but I'd want more for $40/month!) How are they with helping you find a good niche and great buying keywords?

8. Margo Tuul

Margo Tuul New Member

I don't want to reply so WA will sound like a bad place. Its not a bad place at all. It would be one of the first place, where i would go, to look for contacts and build relationships. Forum is good. You are not going to get proper keyword research there. Fact. Trust me on this. Who ever says its good...don't even know what good is.

You can market in any niche if you want. I will actually do you a favor. I will explain you a keyword research in PM. Step by step. Trick what im using. Im 100% sure, you will get it first time and you will find keywords in any niche. Tons of keywords.

9. ipnomad

ipnomad New Member

I think one important point that wasn't mentioned is that the price increase is only for new members. Existing members will still pay the price they're currently paying once they're in there before June 7th which is when the increase becomes effective.

Also, affiliates make more commissions because WA pays 50%.

10. VictoriaNTC

This is true.
    Once a member enrolls, they are not subject to a price increase.
    Victoria

11. Sonni

Sonni New Member

It has been a while since I was in WA, but it didn't do much for me the forum was definitely the best part of it. I did much better in the 30 Day Challenge which is free. Then I joined the Niche Blogger where I really learned what is what about making money online.

12. VictoriaNTC

Well, here it is:

Monthly membership option:
    will increase from $39.00 to $97.00 per month.

Yearly membership option:
    will also increase from $359.00 to $797.00.

Kyle & Carson are adding something of spectacular value, as I understand it. This is their business and their decision. I am only informing you here.

If you are considering joining, do it before the end of May [​IMG]
    You can always leave with your bonus(es) if you choose to do so.

In any case, I wish you much fortune online.
    Victoria

13. Netspin

Netspin New Member

Was with them for a while and learned what I could but ended up with MLSPro and the affiliate program that has been built into that system. It has lead capture pages and incredible content. In fact it is worth getting the auto emails just for the free content .

14. sarahberra

sarahberra New Member

Really! I had no idea they were planning on raising the price. I just cancelled my membership. Yikes. I didn't realize the price was locked in. I wonder how it will go up. Hmmmm

15. rcal1

rcal1 New Member

Wealthy Affiliate is DEFINITELY a steal at its current price, and the forum is a very valuable part of it.

And yes, there are a lot of other really good forums out there. So why choose Wealthy Affiliate? Because it has a bunch of tools to offer on top of that top notch forum.

And although some of the tools and resources (which there are plenty of) are a little outdated, it is my understanding that all of that will be taken care of with the upgrade.

There are also going to be new tools added, exactly what they are I am not sure. But the word is these will add significant value to the membership arsenal.

So if your on the fence about WA, my advice would be to join before the price increase($39/mo--$29/mo if you pay yearly@$359). You will be "grandfathered" in at that price as long as you stay with them.

I'm sure with the upgrades and new tools that WA will be a TREMENDOUS value at its current price...

Ray...

16. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Wow. $97 is a lot...not sure how retention is going to be for new members, but last time they raised the price, they grandfathered those who joined before the price increase. This meant that if you got in the door before the price increase, you would not have to pay the higher membership fee, and this will be the case for this new price increase. In my case, I'm still paying the original WA price of $29.99 monthly, so if you are on the fence about joining WA, this might be a good time to get in... [​IMG]

17. VictoriaNTC

I agree with you Get A Grip.

WA is an exceptional value at the current price.

My concern is many cannot afford $97 a month regardless of the value they plan to add.

I am with you, grandfathered at $29.99, and I plan to stay.

Time will tell us [​IMG]
    Victoria

18. Michael Merry

Michael Merry New Member

ericsquest: I'd have to disagree and not just because I promote the program. I have received quite a bit of value inside the Wealthy Affiliate members area and have formed some bonds that are going to help me expand my online business even more this year.
    I have no doubt at all that Wealthy Affiliate is a first rate program.
    Although not a member, I continue to receive much good info & advice from Kyle and Carson via an Email subscription.
    Apparently some major upgrades to the program are coming.
    Here's to wealthy affiliates getting wealthy!

19. treevee

treevee Member

I have been him-hawing about joining WA, mainly because of funds. I would hate to join for a month or 2, build websites hosted by them and then have to quit because I can't afford it anymore, therefore, losing everything I worked hard to building! I am on a substantially low fixed income and I don't want to throw it all away!

Also, I wonder if I'll get more out of the program than I got from OWM, 30DC and all the other free educational literature and videos that I've gone through. ...... Still him-hawing, but I need to make that decision and fast, I guess! [​IMG]

20. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I can see what you are saying. What some people used to do was join, soak up all of the knowledge they could, and then leave after a month or two, and even at two months, $80 isn't a very large investment. Now, however, since the price is going up to $97, my best advice is only to join if you have a lot of time to do all of the reading material, because there is a lot of material to go through, and if you don't use it, you are going to miss out on your investment. Of course, even if you decide to stay with WA for only a month or two, $40 to $80 is much better than $97 to $194...time is ticking! [​IMG]