Wealthy Affiliate?

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by getagrip, Apr 11, 2006.

1. dark affiliate

dark affiliate New Member

Yea thanks, i will do that but can anyone answer based on the hosting?
  2. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

You can use WA hosting for any website you build, regardless of whether you used the WA templates. I'd recommend that you build your first site with Site Rubix. If you need help with Site Rubix or WA hosting, make sure to ask your questions in the WA forum for help, or send a PM to Carson or Kyle. [​IMG]
  3. Tantalus

Tantalus New Member

Thanks for the replies, folks.

I've shied away from IM for quite a while because the complexities of SEO and keyword management combined with the highly competitive nature of IM make it seem like a serious uphill climb. It looks like the tools, educational resources and support available in WA would go a long way toward alleviating those problems. It's also important that I can find very few dissatisfied comments in my research. Definitely worth considering, but still I have a question:

It seems to me that with all that WA has to offer, the most tempting product to promote would be WA itself. With a referral structure that allows one to enter the profitable category with as few as three active referrals, I'm thinking the strategy I would pursue initially would be to just try to get it the + column through direct referrals...

So, if I joined, and initially just tossed up some pre-made feeder sites (because they're free and easy) and went out onto some appropriate forums, do you think I could reasonably expect to have some early success? I would be looking for a way to get to at least monthly breakeven while I began working my way through all the other materials and possibilities on the site. Also, I would only have about one hour per day to devote to this on a regular basis, and that situation will continue for the foreseeable future...

I need to be able to tell my wife with some conviction that we could fairly quickly get to break even in order for her to seriously consider agreeing to this.. she has heard lots of horror stories about online money-making opportunities and we honestly can't afford $40 a month extra expense for very long...

Thx.
  4. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

That sounds like a very good strategy - Wealthy Affiliate has an excellent affiliate program that can easily pay for your membership - and posting in online forums can be a great way to get traffic to the feeder sites.

Having said that, I don't want to "guarantee" that you'll make your money back right away. Even when it seems like you've done everything right, sometimes people just don't buy - internet marketing can be very challenging at times...

However, if you do have an hour a day to study the learning materials at WA and to do some work, that's 30 hours you can devote to internet marketing over the next month. If you did devote that much time to WA, you will be a lot more knowledgeable about IM and there is a chance you will make money in the process! In short, even if you can join WA for ONLY a month, I think you will be glad you did - and hopefully your wife will "let you" to at least do that! LOL [​IMG]
  5. Tantalus

Tantalus New Member

Thanks for the feedback, getagrip.. What I'd really like to do is just sign up for a month to see what's inside then go for the yearly subscription after that if I (and my better half) decide it's worth it. I wrote to them to ask if that would be doable and I hope they'll get back to me soon...
  6. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

I'm sure you could - you could just cancel the old membership before the end of the first month and renew on a new membership. I know that a few people have left and come back, and were able to get their old forum user names back, so I don't think this would be much different.
  7. Tantalus

Tantalus New Member

Thanks, but I'm thinking I should wait for a confirmation from them on that... if nothing else so that I can see how responsive (or unresponsive) they are. It's already been two or three days, weekend time, tho...
  8. Chrisblue

Chrisblue New Member

Okay, all signed up for WA. As soon as my e-check clears, I can hardly wait to start the 8 week program. [​IMG]

I've been searching for two months now, trying to find the right program and avoid the scams. I'm so happy I found this forum and the WA thread!

I'm worried about the information overwhelming me at first, but I'll start with the 8 week course and hopefully I'll understand it. I'm a total newbie and really need to generate a reasonable income for my family.

I look forward to seeing some of you in the WA Forum and getting some helpful tips![​IMG]
  9. dark affiliate

I am planning on launching most if not all of my articles on ezine, but i have an interesting question about websites. If i submitted my articles on ezine and linked them to my website (which is all good) well website wise, should i have a webpage dedicated to each article? Which would mean my ezine link on all articles would be a subpage on my website, that is a good idea right? The only thing is, is that say if i wrote 100 articles then my website needs at least 101 pages (including the front page or etc), with the WA site rubix programme and hosting space will i wil able to do something like this? Or is there a better format / strategy when leading people to my website by articles to my affiliate link?

Thanks
  10. Evevera

Evevera New Member

ok well you've all convinced me [​IMG] I spent last few hrs reading through this thread and researching some more on the website and it sounds pretty promising. So now I'm a member [​IMG]

So one thing I wanted to know was, is it possible to make $200-300 a week doing this without spending a lot of time on it a week? Like maybe only 1 day a week on it? If you say no, could I do this with something else? Like maybe ebook selling?
  11. admiralme

admiralme New Member

I joined WA three months ago. I usually still look at different IM areas on the interent and came to this forum. i can agree with people here when they say to follow the 8 week action plan. i have asked on the forum in WA so as i am here i will ask as well, can you change you name on WA after you make it? I named my account after a relative of mine that died recently it was thier nick name and i wish to change it
  12. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

dark affiliate: I am planning on launching most if not all of my articles on ezine, but i have an interesting question about websites. If i submitted my articles on ezine and linked them to my website (which is all good) well website wise, should i have a webpage dedicated to each article? Which would mean my ezine link on all articles would be a subpage on my website, that is a good idea right? The only thing is, is that say if i wrote 100 articles then my website needs at least 101 pages (including the front page or etc), with the WA site rubix programme and hosting space will i wil able to do something like this? Or is there a better format / strategy when leading people to my website by articles to my affiliate link?

I'm not quite sure if I understand your questions, but I'll take a stab at it:

You don't need a website dedicated to each article UNLESS the articles are on different subjects. So if one article is on weight loss and the other is on making money online, then you would obviosly want different websites for each article. I think you should start out with only one or two websites that focus on different niches, then when you have more experience, you can expand into different areas.

If you do need more than one website, I'd suggest purchasing your domains from 1and1.com, because you can get private registrations for 1 year for only $6.99, which is a great price. You can also get some very good deals on .info domains at Godaddy.com ($1.99 for a year), but it will cost extra for the private registration.

One thing to keep in mind, however, is that you don't absolutely NEED to have a website. You can submit articles to Squidoo, Hubpages, and USFreeads in a bunch of different topics - and you can link directly to affiliate products when you do this...in fact, this might be the better way to go when starting out rather than building a website. Just make sure to read the tutorials on Squidoo, and also make sure to read the forum thread called "3 Days On Google FrontPage With 30mins of Work + Proof" in the $500 section of the forum - there is some VERY good information there! [​IMG]
  13. dark affiliate

lol take a stab at it, that was interesting. Well yea thanks for doing so i will take your advice, thanks again
  14. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

admiralme: can you change you name on WA after you make it?

You should probably PM Carson or Kyle on that one...

Evevera: So one thing I wanted to know was, is it possible to make $200-300 a week doing this without spending a lot of time on it a week? Like maybe only 1 day a week on it? If you say no, could I do this with something else? Like maybe ebook selling?

I think eventually yes...once you have everything set up. However, it will take A LOT of time and hard work to set everything up - and that's only setting it up - making it profitable is a different story altogether!

It would be easy for me to tell you that making money online is quick and easy - which is the sales approach many scammers like to take - but don't ever think you are going to make money in ANYTHING quickly or easily, with only a little bit of work, because that's just not reality.
  15. dark affiliate

hi, i have problems launching my website. I want to use NVU one of the softwares WA mentioned to make and launch sites. I have a domain name and i set it up in WA hosting, how can i publish it now? i have already transfered my domain name from 1&1 to WA.

What do i do under:

Publishing server

Publishing address (e.g.:ftp//ftp.myisp.com/myusername');

Is it NS1.MYWAHOSTING.COM/ or something im totally confused?

And my user name and password underneath that is the user name and password i set up for the domain in WA plesk right?

Thanks
  16. grambo21

grambo21 New Member

Hello All, is Wealthy Affiliate an Affiliate program itself?
  17. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hey dark affiliate,
    Why don't you go to the WA forum for this?
    You will have tons of support...
    You can watch Deb's videos and see exactly what you need to do.

Here is the URL..This is not an affiliate link..onlt tryting to offer help.
    http://videosforwa.com

Victoria
  18. VictoriaNTC

VictoriaNTC Silver Member

Hello grambo21,
    Wealthy Affiliate University does have an optional affiliate program..with websites and keywords and so on...ready to use.
    The commission is $175.00 for a 12 month referral.... and $20.00 per month for monthly referral.
    One can pay $39.00 monthly or $359.88 for a 12 month membership, which breaks down to $29.99 per month.
    So, if you sign up 2 others, your membership will be paid for.
    I hope this helps, Victoria
  19. dark affiliate

NTC i so tried, like so answers and PMs to kyle and Carson. Everyone hates me (TEAR) But thanks for the link ill read it
  20. getagrip

getagrip Gold Member

Hey Dark Affiliate ~ I noticed that when you ask questions at WA, you seem to ask them in existing threads that are a little off topic for your questions. I think it would help for you to start NEW threads and ask your questions that way.

I agree with NTC that you should watch Deb's videos - the one that specifically is for hosting is: http://videosforwa.com/set_up_hosting.html

Having said that, I do know that some people are having problems with WA hosting, so it may be best to just get cheap hosting someplace else - you can get an economy plan at Godaddy for $4.29 every TWO months.

I hope this helps.