Web Site w/ merchant Account

Discussion in 'Coastal Vacations' started by JNS Travel, Feb 7, 2007.

1. JNS Travel

JNS Travel New Member

Roger has been very helpful.

I have a question using an merchant account with the call center web pages.
    I notice there aren't any call center web sites set-up to accept credit cards for point of sale.
    I was wondering if anyone tried a merchant account w/call center and what their experence was.

Joe
  2. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Hi Joe,

I don't think that I have had the chance to say - Welcome to the Forum!

I do not use a call center, so I really can't answer your question. I'm sure one of the call center guys will get this answered right away for you!

Anyway...Welcome!

Oh, one question for you - what does the JNS stand for?

[​IMG]

Lora
  3. JNS Travel

JNS Travel New Member

Hi Lora,

Thanks for the Welcome, I am really excited about getting back in the game. Just tring to figure out afew thing as to a marking plan.
    The JNS - are my intials, Joseph N. Smith, just a quick something for use id.

Joe
  4. JNS Travel

JNS Travel New Member

Lora,

I just check out your site; well organized and great graphics. I see you have PayPal, is it working for you? What % of sales do you get thru PayPal?

Joe
  5. PNL Travel

PNL Travel New Member

Joe,

PayPal works great for me. So far I haven't had any problems with them. Actually almost all of my sales have come through PayPal!

I was just checking on a merchant account tonight, I think that I am going to get a merchant account just because it will go directly to my bank account and because I am expecting a huge increase in business this year. I have heard that there can be problems with the Platinum Package with PayPal and I will be upgrading my package very soon...

Hope this helps!

Lora
  6. roger

roger New Member

Hey Joe (sounds like the title to a song),
    [​IMG]
    Although we've touched on this I found out we cannot add a merchant account on the We Close Your Sales website, however, with Card Services Int'l you can have a merchant account online through them and your customer can pay you that way. The Call Center says they don't allow it; it's a security feature in case of charge backs.....the other methods of payment tothe sales center are bank checks, money order, western union, cash.

Roger
  7. JNS Travel

JNS Travel New Member

Roger

Thank you for follow up.
    [​IMG]
    joe
  8. roger

roger New Member

You're welcome Joe
    anytime.
  9. susaneng

susaneng New Member

There is a merchant account company called United Bank Card (UBC) credit card processing service. You will get free state-of-the-art equipment. the Nurit 8320 (a $1000 value), check reader ($250 value) and signature capture pad ($100 value). It claims to have the lowest rates. You can fax your most recent statement and they will perform a free cost comparison review with no obligation. No hidden fees or charges. Provides you with a guaranteed fixed rate.

UBC provides electronic check guarantee and recovery; wireless and high-speed processing solutions; online Web reporting; signature capture to prevent charge backs; age verification; gift cards; ATM machine and POS debit card processing; and more.

Here is there fax number to send a statement: 605 343-3470
    and for information about this their number is: 605 348-4154 rep.# 9216054.

I am myself going to look into using them. I have their flyer but I haven't called yet. I just started with Coastal so I am still trying to learn all the procedures.

Let me know if this helps you.
    Thanks,
    Susan
  10. JNS Travel

JNS Travel New Member

Hi Susan,

I've talked to Lee with Cardservice International. They've worked with afew of the Coastal Directors and set them up their merchant account.

You can contact Lee @ 800-948-6457 ext.# 17 about their system.

The web address is www. coastalvacationsmerchantaccount.com
    Their fees are very competitivewas informative, he also shared ideas on how to avoid charge backs.

Their merchant account will handle all purchases, even the Platinum Package.

I am working on a marketing plan & direction. Once I get everything together, I plan to use CardServices to setup my merchant account with a point of sale on my web site

Hope this will help you.
    Joe
  11. jnapier

jnapier New Member

I totally recommend Card Services Intl.

One of the challenges I see with call centers is that they DO NOT have this option.

I accept Visa, Master Card and Discover.

Big Caution to those of you using Pay Pal. Pay Pal is a third party in the transation and CAN lock up your fund for upto 30 days for ANY reason. Pay Pal also see Coastal as MLM and does not allow it...at least that what I've heard over the last 6 months.

Jay NaPier
  12. beckie1229

beckie1229 New Member

That happened with me, they let Harold enroll a Level 2 last Friday, but denied me last Saturday....but wouldn't tell me why. They tried to say Harold didn't want my money! They couldn't come up with anything better than that?? Harold and I figured that was it. We didn't use Coastal in our memo, but we think they figured it was mlm somehow. Harold's merchant acct. with Card Services went without a hitch just an hour after he was up and running!