Website Started now What ?

Discussion in 'Website Promotion' started by ramses, Apr 20, 2013.

1. ramses

ramses New Member

I started a new website, but don't know which direction
    to turn at all in promoting my website. I have a Wix site
    and can I have some advice on how to bring customers to view
    my web. My websites deals with electronics buying and selling.
    thanks.
    ramses

2. Jim Buteyn

Jim Buteyn New Member

Hi Ramses,
    Do you have any SEO knowledge? Creating a website is quite an accomplishment, but, if no one knows you are on the internet you will not get the website visits you are looking for.

3. Adrian

Adrian Member

Hello Ramses. There are many ways to drive traffic to your brand new website. You should first start building backlinks to your site gradually over time. There is also several websites and traffic exchanges that will help you in building traffic. Here are just a few ways.

TrafficDial
    Linkreferral
    Blog commenting
    Search Engine Optimization
    PPC advertising
    Video Marketing

There are dozens of ways to drive traffic Ramses. Just pick one strategy at a time and see what works best for you.
    Good luck and much success to you my friend.

4. A8ch

A8ch Gold Member

Hi Ramses, welcome to the forum.

The truth is, you could go in any of 360 directions, and a promotional plan should have been factored into an overall marketing strategy long before you built your website, to avoid getting stuck at this point.

A site's design, layout, navigation and interactive features ought to be influenced by the traffic-driving methods that are going to be used. How you plan to drive traffic is the proverbial horse, and the website is simply the cart.

It would be helpful if you provide a link to your website so you could get specific feedback and suggestions.

Hermas

5. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

Creating backlinks to increase your presence on Google would certainly be useful. There are many ways to market a website; just make sure you're going after your target market. Otherwise, you're just spinning your wheels.

6. Just2EZ

Just2EZ Moderator

Sharing Buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.
    Make sure you have Content worth sharing, not just ads.
    A "share" creates a backlink and can go viral bringing more traffic.

7. JTGMarketing

JTGMarketing Member

8. payment proof

payment proof Active Member

Content is important. Make sure your site contains original quality content and keep updating it on a regular basis.

9. jamess

jamess Member

SEO is the method where you can get traffic at low cost or if you have good budget to spend then you can try PPC for traffic.

10. mreese601

mreese601 Member

First and foremost you need to get your website index! Just because you build a site don't mean the search engines can find it. So you want to ping your site. Go to pingler.com and ping your site. This is the quickest way to let the search engines know about your site. Then go different forums that's in the electronic niche and make sure you fill out your profile and engage in converstaion with others. Make sure your link too your website is in the signature. Then Go to a site call socialposter.com it's about 30 social site that you can sign up for to promote your website. then follow people on twitter that's into electronic, or who will be your ideal client. Those are a couple ways you can get started promoting your site quickly.

TengoLoTodo and Adrian like this.
  11. whitney black

whitney black Member

The best advice I can give you is to get on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites and start promoting your site there. It's FREE and it's easy to get the word out about your site.

12. swampqueen32

swampqueen32 Member

Hi Ramses!

I know what it's like to wonder where to go next. I think we all do :).

DMOZ is supposed to be one of the more reputable directories for submissions. It can take a while to get listed, but Google evidently is getting picky about which directories we use.

When I get in a rut and wonder what to do next....I just keep writing good content. You can't go wrong doing that!

Wishing you the best! (y)

13. CRIPLEY

CRIPLEY Member

This is a way to start. I believe blogging is a good effective way to show who you are. Many people ask what should I blog about? Read what others are blogging about and then give your own opinion on the subject. Then writing should get easier. Think about really what you want to say and have the creative juices flowing as to create good quality content. Example I work in a regular boring job during the day where everybody only listens to themselves as a result the business is just status quo. I love this business because here you fined people who really want to help you and the added bonus you can find like minded people whose vision you can share. I want to be free of bosses and create my own destiny. There is nothing like freedom of time for yourself.

14. i♥marketing

i♥marketing New Member

Using facebook will help if you don't have a page for your website already. Make all of your posts public and with that network you should be able to grab a few eyes to search your website, which should be linked in your about page. My favorite artist does this and publishes her sneak peeks every other Sunday like clockwork. Once her pieces are loaded on her website, they are sold in seconds!

15. wes1der

wes1der New Member

What about your website makes it different than any of the other websites out there? Have you added a blog and unique content (sure you are sick of hearing that)? SEO is great but how long will you want to stay with a wix site? If your business grows you may find yourself wanting to move to a new, less limited platform which could cause issues with any backlinks you have created (I know nothing about wix but know many people who had issues when switching from "free" website builders in the past). Social media and the like is great for generating some free marketing but I would recommend purchasing the "Ultimate Guide to Google Adwords" on Amazon and putting a little money aside for an Adwords campaign (even if it's just $100). In all my years in Internet marketing I have not used another method that has been as effective, as quickly as Adwords.

16. Tina19

Tina19 New Member

Ramses,
    I use Fiverr. It is actually a great way to promote your business. Just make sure you ask questions and be specific about what you are looking for. They promote all over the world so, if you are only promoting in the US, then you must find someone who promote in the US. The cost is only $5.

17. NetMoneyMaking

NetMoneyMaking New Member

There are free and paid methods to get visitors to your website. Free methods are:
    Facebook
    Twitter
    Google+
    Commenting on Blogs
    Posting on Forums
    Publishing articles on article directories
    Creating and uploading videos to Youtube, DailyMotion, Veoh etc.

Paid methods for getting visitors to your website are:
    PPC networks
    CPM networks
    Media buying

18. Haley O.

Haley O. New Member

you have to advertise your website now. "word of of mouth" Let them know you are there..
    Going to electronic blogs, forums. Things like that. I would also suggest making flyers and business cards for your business and site, get the word out there!:)

19. Calvin Get Info

Calvin Get Info New Member

A lot off what you do is going t depend on what type of budget you are working with. You can grow business faster with paid traffic because it is usually more targeted, PPC is great way to start, you can get cheap targeted clicks.
    Check out fiverr they offer a lot services for $5 that can help grow your business.

20. BoredDoug

BoredDoug New Member

I have a question about your website. Do you have your own url or are you using the one supplied by Wix?