West At Home Agent

Discussion in 'Business Opportunities and Programs Reviews' started by beckymom4two, Aug 6, 2006.

1. beckymom4two

beckymom4two New Member

Has anyone tried being a "West At Home" agent? I guess this is a service where you are a customer service rep that answers the phone from your home and through your computer and gets paid by the phone call. I wanted some feedback before I gave them any of my personal info. I have been a stay-at-home Mom for 16 years and now really need some cash. Thanks for any help.
  2. Vishal P. Rao

Vishal P. Rao Administrator Staff Member

3. ebay_addict

ebay_addict New Member

cool thanks, i've never heard of that before!
  4. thb750284

thb750284 New Member

I personally would not recommend West...although, I currently work for them now. Definitely , do not expect to become rich, but do expect low pay and wasted time. What I mean by that is that you may be scheduled for 40 hrs but may actually only work 20-25 hrs. I value having wasted 20-15 hrs where I could have been more productive. IF working "40" hrs every week for two weeks and making 400-500 or less sound good to you then great, but for me it is just gas money;however, I do not work 40 hrs a week any more. Tested it for a month, thank god I have a great full time job. At west you do not get paid when your are sitting there waiting for the phone to ring. In a hour shift, you can just get one phone call. It has happen to me many times. I do understand that everything is relative, but when you do the math it is barely minimum wage. They had a guaranteed rate, but quickly did away with it. The company is very unorganized and inconsistent.
  5. pcwork

pcwork New Member

West is one of more reputed work at home companies, a lot of agents work for them
  6. jennlavender

jennlavender New Member

I currently work for WEST and I love it! I am working for a "cell phone" company making .20 a min. I don't work during the day so I don't know the call volume then, but after 5:00 my phone doesn't stop ringing! Which means I am averaging $12 an hour! It did take a lot of free training for this company but it is worth it! I do know for the cell phone company that are paying a guaranteed rate of $9 per hour right now. Meaning if there was a chance you didn't get any calls (which hasn't happened to me!!!) then you are guaranteed $9 an hour to sit and wait for a call!!! They do still have guaranteed rate for almost every company they work for!!
  7. kbragg

kbragg New Member

Hi, I used to work for West, but the pay was horrible! I now work for Alpine Access. I get paid $9 for 25 hours a week. It's a good part time income. I hate getting paid for talk time. It's taken me forever but I'm happy to finally find a WAHJ that pays hourly. They only hire in certain states. Teletech, CLC, Westat, & Onpoint all pay hourly as well. If you're just looking for 50 bucks a week and having to stalk for hours (hard to pic up) then sure West, is ok, but if you want money you can count on, look into the ones I listed. Hope this helps!

Blessings,

Kassandra
  8. victonhjj

victonhjj New Member

Do you know if West is offering jobs in Hawaii?
  9. puppymom1968

puppymom1968 New Member

They sent me an e-mail telling me I was terminated but would not give me a reason, in their contract in paragraph 3 it says they can do this and get away with it, so watch out!
  10. pcwork

pcwork New Member

Quoting: victonhjjDo you know if West is offering jobs in Hawaii?
    Most of the work at home call center companies hire only in Continental USA
  11. coolkitty

coolkitty New Member

I have been working for West for over 2years and am being let go because they are no longer useing agents from New Mexico. Does anyone have any info as to why they have chosen certain states?
  12. pcwork

pcwork New Member

May be due to state labour laws, very few WAH companies hire in some states
  13. TrudyS

TrudyS New Member

i am currently working from home for west at home for $5.85 an hour. i know there are other work at home jobs like this that have no start up fees and pay alot more, can any of you tell me the names of these other companies please. anytime i do a search for work at home jobs all i get back is the ones that require a start up fee.
  14. TwoBlessed

TwoBlessed New Member

Hi, going to start work soon with West. Have young children and I'll be working at night while they are asleep so I can take care of them in the day. I don't mind the so called "wasted time" if there is such a thing..in reference to the person who said they didn't get calls and just sat there. I will be going back to college to finish my MBA and I also freelance (create online software) so if I am idle, I can just multi-task.... I'll let you all know how it works out. By the way, there are other companies you can research. I'm doing the same. I'll check out Alpine Access tomorrow. I've already signed up for LiveOps but it takes a good 90 days (up to) for them to respond and do all of the paperwork. If you know others, please share.
  15. lizbiz

lizbiz New Member

I was wondering what kind of calls do you take for Teletech or any of these at home type jobs. I am VERY interested and don't want to apply for more than 1 at a time unless you can do that. I would love to do customer service calls. I really don't want to have to sell something I don't believe in. I don't mind doing surveys as long as it is something that I don't have to be pushy about. I need one with night time hours also or Saturdays. I would appreciate any advice and also am willing to post my experiences if I am hired for one of them.
  16. gem05

gem05 New Member

oh, i worked for alpine access for a year and HATED IT! the team leads were unorganized, didn't know what was going on with their teams and the coaches were never on the same page with eachother, one would tell you, do it this way, then the other would tell you, no your doing it wrong do it this way..
    i had to ask for vacation time in may for january, and i still barely got it off...
    i hated that comp.
    i'm starting west soon and i hope it's better than alpine...
  17. pcwork

pcwork New Member

You should also check out work at home transcription jobs
  18. CSGWAHM

CSGWAHM New Member

I've never worked for West, but I haven't heard great things about them. I've heard better things about Alpine. On another board, I've seen stories from people who have worked for these companies and other similar ones and there really wasn't alot of good things being said about West. Good luck to you!
  19. victonhjj

victonhjj New Member

West let me go because I moved to Hawaii. [​IMG]
  20. mcaldw2

mcaldw2 New Member

do you know if west is hiring in North carolina I did my resume and the phone interview but still havent heard anything